• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Yeah. I mean, on the one hand, I like how simple it is to have the Pokemon names match the species, BUT on the other I like coming up with my own names. It's kinda fun.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Can't you use a repel when you chain?

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Judgement Snivy?

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Repels while chaining are extremely useful, helps your chain because it's not as likely that you'll rin into something to break your chain. Just make sure you have A LOT.

legendarypokemonmaster

Wonderguard Smeargle would be awesome.

PokemonTrainerKaden

43 Larvesta eggs and counting. Here's to it shining soon!

Good luck. My friend went through 7000 eggs before his Larvesta was finally shiny, but it definitely is worth it trust me.

Road

Shiny Master
43 Larvesta eggs and counting. Here's to it shining soon!

I wish you luck, brah.

@blonde_1: Ah, I forgot Smogon had that guide. Rockin', thanks for the link~

dan2point5

Hatched my 150 koffing eggs whilst I've been at work today. That takes my total to 600 now and I'm happy with the progress. If I can get this to shine in about a week I'll be delighted!

I see alot of people are starting out on new hunts! MMing and chaining! Best of luck to you guys, really hope you get what you're after!

PokemonTrainerKaden

Hatched my 150 koffing eggs whilst I've been at work today. That takes my total to 600 now and I'm happy with the progress. If I can get this to shine in about a week I'll be delighted!

I see alot of people are starting out on new hunts! MMing and chaining! Best of luck to you guys, really hope you get what you're after!

Congratulations. Im at about 87 SRs for my Mudkip.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Hey guys. I haven't been hunting at all since I got my Cyndaquil, which is still named Knuckles. If anyone can think of a better name please tell me! Knuckles just seems so obvious... I also traded Rool over from my bro's SS, so I have both of my starters.

After I get to the Sudowoodo in HG I'm going to switch back to Black and finally get Elgyem. 2160 eggs isis a lot of eggs... Good luck to everybody and their hunts!

BCVM22

I agree. The problem that Pokemon is beginning to have is that they're running out of good ideas.

According to whom? And what objectively defines a "good" idea for a Pokémon?

Vanillite was a step in the wrong direction

Again, according to whom, and based on what?

and if Nintendo goes down that path then the pokemon francise will die.

That's hilarious. "I was not a fan of this particular Pokémon, and as such, if this continues, the franchise is doomed!"

What I personally think is that Nintendo needs to stop making new pokemon

Which they would never do and which they have no reason to do.

they should make some more games along the lines of Colosseum / Gale of Darkness.

So go play those games. Funny thing is that those games were never intended to be replacements for the core titles, as any number of elements they lack can attest.

I agree, the storyline's getting a little too repetitive. I'd rather see something more... evil. And less 'Become teh champion omgz!' stuff.

Despite the fact that Black and White did more with their story than any past game.

I really can't imagine there being more than 1000 pokemon...

However, you likely also said that about 300/500/600/any other numeric milestone they've long since passed. 1000 is just another number. One we wouldn't be due to hit for a good 'nother decade still, but just a number.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Hey guys. I haven't been hunting at all since I got my Cyndaquil, which is still named Knuckles. If anyone can think of a better name please tell me! Knuckles just seems so obvious... I also traded Rool over from my bro's SS, so I have both of my starters.

After I get to the Sudowoodo in HG I'm going to switch back to Black and finally get Elgyem. 2160 eggs isis a lot of eggs... Good luck to everybody and their hunts!

You should name him Kronk. Or you could name him FlameVrmin.

So, I have beaten Black and I want to start getting Shinnies by the Mesuda Method. But, I was wondering, is there some like good pokemon to the start out with? Like, something easy to hatch? I want to know because I have never tried/really care about shinnies.

Road

Shiny Master
So, I have beaten Black and I want to start getting Shinnies by the Mesuda Method. But, I was wondering, is there some like good pokemon to the start out with? Like, something easy to hatch? I want to know because I have never tried/really care about shinnies.

I wanted to know the same thing. Don't want to put myself on an MM hunt that I'll never succeed at. D:

Oh(Now I think I can for once call myself stupid) but what does MM(ing) stand for. Plus, any other abbreviations.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Oh(Now I think I can for once call myself stupid) but what does MM(ing) stand for. Plus, any other abbreviations.

MM - Masuda Method. Take two compatable pokemon from different languages and the odds of shiny eggs is increased.

SR - Soft Reset. Intereact with a pokemon and press L+R+Start+Select to reset game if it's not shiny

RNG -Really Not Good

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...

MMing stands for Masuda Method, which is breeding two pokemon of foreign languages together. I don't think there's any other abbreviations. Also, a good pokemon to MM is Patrat. It only has 16 eggs cycles, so it hatches fast. There's others, but I can't thunk of them right now...

Edit: Ninja'd twice... and there's also RE, which is random encounter.

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master
MMing stands for Masuda Method, which is breeding two pokemon of foreign languages together. I don't think there's any other abbreviations. Also, a good pokemon to MM is Patrat. It only has 16 eggs cycles, so it hatches fast. There's others, but I can't thunk of them right now...

Patrat! Of course. Watchdog is pretty cool-looking too. Thanks brah~

Status
Not open for further replies.