• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDoug

Shine?
If all you're wanting is a shiny, RE's work best if you're going for double grass Pokemon. That way it's almost double the chance. But MM'ing isn't hard to do. Foreign Pokemon are really common on the Global Trade Terminal.

For the last time! The odds are NOT 1/4096 in double grass!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey slow down on the anger post....Its true though there are no double chance re in the double grass. Its still the same odds of finding shinies in the wild with the chance of 1/8192 in black and white. It may highten luck don't get me wrong but not the odds. I think thats what he meant in his first post shiny doug. It still would take forever to find a shiny in double grass still though.

Jeshika

FatalOmega - Thank you. :D I will continue to radar in my spare time and just hope for the best. I guess whether I RE or MM will be decided by how many eggs it takes me to hatch a shiny Kangaskhan in the end.

auryn - Problem is, at the moment I don't have access to internet (apart from a rubbish dongle thing), so i'll have to wait to MM. ):

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I`m actual not that much of a big fan about there being 649 Pokemon right now, but instead would be more satisfied when the have over 9,000 Pokemon in exsitince. But after seeing that having 9,001 or more Pokemon would make completing the National Dex would take about how long a generation`s span is. I wouldn`t put it past them having about 11 more generations would make it possible to have the major markets regions in the world. There could be more if GameFreak decides to make 4 PokeRegions based on Korea and China if they decide to do that. I only counted finishing North America , Europe , and Australia for the PokeRegions.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
If all you're wanting is a shiny, RE's work best if you're going for double grass Pokemon. That way it's almost double the chance. But MM'ing isn't hard to do. Foreign Pokemon are really common on the Global Trade Terminal.
For the last time! The odds are NOT 1/4096 in double grass!

Like Eeveelover said, it definitely doesn't increase the chances/odds/ratio whatever you want to call it. Both pokemon that show up will each individually have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

I think what auryn is trying to say is that you can effectively trudge through more encounters faster by hunting in double grass. You essentially get 2 encounters for every battle in double grass (assuming the battle was a double battle of course :)). So at the end of the day, you will have encountered double the number of pokemon you normally would have for the number of battles that ensued.

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I don't think they meant the chances literally double to 1/4096. I think they meant that you're encountering twice as many pokemon sometimes, so you have a better chance of encountering shinies well, quicker.

Anyways, still SRing for Ho-oh and Cobalion. I've become very paranoid, always fearing that I've SRed over a shiny >_>

Good luck to everyone hunting.

Judas

So, I have decided to stop my in-game journey to hatch for a shiny. I figured when I lost interest in the hunt I can play the game until I gain interest for it again. The subject of my hunt is Cleffa!

I've hatched a box so far. What I am going to do is collect a box, hatch them (although half of them hatch before I even get 5 eggs) then move one Cleffa over to Box 2 and that one Cleffa will represent a box of Cleffa.

This is just so I don't have to release 400 Cleffa at once. I hate releasing Pokemon. Hopefully it won't take long!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Like Eeveelover said, it definitely doesn't increase the chances/odds/ratio whatever you want to call it. Both pokemon that show up will have a 1/8192 (whatever the number is) chance of being shiny.

I think what auryn is trying to say is that you can effectively trudge through more encounters faster by hunting in double grass. You essentially get 2 encounters for every battle in double grass (assuming the battle was a double battle of course :)). So at the end of the day, you will have encountered double the number of pokemon you normally would have for the number of battles that ensued.

Hope this helps :D

Yep thats what I said on my post...I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding in his post because shiny doug took it the wrong way. I noticed he hasn't been himself lately...Sorry back on topic, Im gunna back to hatching eggs. Its still give a better lucky chance of shinies but not the odds.
Good luck everyone on your guys shiny hunts!

dan2point5

For some reason I really want a shiny Patrat. Maybe I'll try RE one when I've finished my hunts. I'd never evolve it though. Watchog shiny sprite doesn't appeal to me.

Jeshika

I don't think they meant the chances literally double to 1/4096. I think they meant that you're encountering twice as many pokemon sometimes, so you have a better chance of encountering shinies well, quicker.

Anyways, still SRing for Ho-oh and Cobalion. I've become very paranoid, always fearing that I've SRed over a shiny >_>

Good luck to everyone hunting.

And that's why i'd never be able to SR. . . I'd be so worried. o:

Now, i'm off to radar some on diamond or platinum, expect me back in about 10 minutes ranting that I kept breaking my chain too quick. Lol.

One last question though, does anyone know a good place to radar? (I'm not bothered about what pokemon I catch at the moment).

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Technically in double grass the odds are 2/8192... which makes it double the chance. Just saying =P

Actually, there is a point there that it would be 2/8192...I think that still a very slim chance of shiny encounter. Im just saying that it would still be a while before a shiny shows up.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Yep thats what I said on my post...I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding in his post because shiny doug took it the wrong way. I noticed he hasn't been himself lately...Sorry back on topic, Im gunna back to hatching eggs. Its still give a better lucky chance of shinies but not the odds.
Good luck everyone on your guys shiny hunts!

Yep I understand, just trying to back you up / provide more clarification :D

Also, I really hope you get your feebas soon! It has to be coming up sometime soon! Good luck today!

As for me and my current hunt, I haven't gotten any SRing in for latias yet today, as I've been busy at work, but I will hopefully get some in later. I'm trying to aim for at least 20 a day (ideally more...), which is actually a lot since it takes such a long time for each SR.
Every time I work on it, I just keep thinking about how daunting of a task this is... But I just have to throw that out of my mind even though my goal could be a long way away :)

auryn

Eevee Breeder
Well, I would clarify myself, but it looks like everyone beat me to it! Thank you for not thinking I'm an idiot! =)

And rykerr1, you made me laugh. But I'm not good enough with statistics to second that.

To Jeshika: my favorite place to chain is 203. It has a wide open area, Shinx, Ralts, and some other nice shinies.

Last edited:

ShinyDoug

Shine?
Actually, there is a point there that it would be 2/8192...I think that still a very slim chance of shiny encounter. Im just saying that it would still be a while before a shiny shows up.

The odds aren't 1/4096. The odds are the same, you are just doing 2 encounters at once. For example, both Pokemon cannot be shiny in double grass. The odds are still 1/8192, according to the game's coding.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, not trying to start anything. Sorry, I'm just tired of posting that in the 5th Gen thread whenever somebody says that. Sorry guys!

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Well I got Gothita Now i'm Moving onto Heatmor.
Gothita I got in ten Eggs ^__^.

Last edited:

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I've noticed that each time I've hunted in double grass, my shiny appeared in a double battle. But then again, I've only hunted in double grass twice... so ^__^

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The odds aren't 1/4096. The odds are the same, you are just doing 2 encounters at once. For example, both Pokemon cannot be shiny in double grass. The odds are still 1/8192, according to the game's coding.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, not trying to start anything. Sorry, I'm just tired of posting that in the 5th Gen thread whenever somebody says that. Sorry guys!

Its fine...what I meant is double grass has better "luck" not odds on shiny encouters. In return have the same odds of finding shinies in the wild still 1/8192. I was saying its true by "luck" 2/8192 in the grass but the odds are still the same....

Status
Not open for further replies.