• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you enjoy getting shinies, then it is worth it. If you don't and you just want to look cool having lots of shinies, but you feel it's just a waste of time, then it's not worth it.

If you like shinies, then it's worth it. If not, then it's not.

725roy

ambivolent
OOH LOOK! A pokemon that can turn into other pokemon! Very cretive Game Freak, I mean seriously you are running out of ideas.

Me if the gens were reversed.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Is it wrong that I don't know what RNGing is? wait... it means Rate number generator right?

It means Random Number Generator. It utilises your game's details to obtain flawless or shiny Pokemon. It could be used for even both.

That's what I do now in White.

Shinies are getting easier to find so I think the whole rarity and bragging rights is going to wear off soon.

Yeah i love it, the feeling of an egg hatching and it turns out to be a gold charmander! Ahhh one day.

Skydra

Depends. Are you comfortable sharing on a first or second date that you turned your Game Boy on and off thousands of times so you could look at a green Espeon?

Well, nobody would mention Pokemon on a first date unless you knew the other person didn't mind...

They're worth it if they're awesome shinies. A shiny Garchomp would definitely be a no. But shiny Metagross? A ****ing gold X? I have one, luckily for me. Around 5 days (about an hour or so per day) of unsuccessful chaining for that sucker was worth it (+another one, which I never evolved).

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I would mention Pokemon on a first date. It let's your date know that yes, you're spontaneous and carefree enough to enjoy children's video games, and you're also confident enough to admit it.

Conversely, mentioning the fact that you reset your Game Boy repeatedly for a week so you could have a teal Mantine lets your date know that she will one day return home to find the walls covered in newspaper clippings as you mumble naked with magic-marker arrows drawn across your body. Something about the eclipse. The eclipse!

Last edited:

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Snivy or Rotom or Ditto.

Simia

Gengeon
In all honesty..I dont think they are worth it..I mean they look cool and all but come on..I mean come on...

Profesco

gone gently
Me and a friend have noticed that Great Balls tend to be more reliable (in a pinch,) than Ultra Balls. We have been able to catch Legendary Pokemon with Great Balls, while Ultra should have been better. When ever my friend and I go into a battle, Legendary or normal, the Pokemon, weak or still of HP, they break out, even when having a status problem. The Great Balls, however, almost always catches the said Pokemon. Just yesterday, I tried to catch Articuno. I used 10 Ultra Balls, but all of them failed, never going past one shake. (Articuno was in the red. One more move would kill it) I used ONE Great Ball and Articuno was caught.
ΛWhats up with that?

Ultra Balls are programmed to have a higher catch rate than Great Balls. Any experience to the contrary is pure coincidence.

kochoupink

butts lol
One time my boyfriend caught me a shiny female modest Mareep and named it Jasmine prior to trading it to me, so I blew him.

Shit was legit.

Profesco

gone gently
Hello guys i just wanted to start a thread that would let peopple freely talk about Legendary pokemon. But first there are some rules.

1. No cussing or saying offense things about other people

2. Stay on topic

3. No spamming

4.Do not post another post after you post a post before it

5. Enjoy!!!

A thread like that exists. It's stickied at the top of the page and is called the "Pokemon Discussion thread."

Profesco

gone gently
if you could only have one pokemon and that would be your partner pokemon what would it be
mine would be victini becuese he is my fav pokemon is the most awsome pokemon
discuss :)

Use the "If You Could Be..." sticky in Poke Polls.

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
I suppose it's kind of like asking if playing video games at all is worth it - in the end, all you really get is increased hand-eye and typing speed, right?
You can at least learn patience with the shiny hunting, and
I mean
The looks on the faces of others when you send out a full, legit shiny team is PRICELESS.
Also, if I tell a boy on my first date that I hatched 1000+ eggs for a shiny Litwick doesn't congratulate me
Well, release him and go find another one.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Conversely, mentioning the fact that you reset your Game Boy repeatedly for a week so you could have a teal Mantine lets your date know that she will one day return home to find the walls covered in newspaper clippings as you mumble naked with magic-marker arrows drawn across your body. Something about the eclipse. The eclipse!
Hey, dun u diss me! D=

Well personally, I just RNG all of my shinies now-a-days. So, most of them don't have any more value to me than a normal pokemon. Except for certain ones, like my shiny musketeers trio.

Back in the day when I used to chain, they were worth something to me. My chained ones still have more sentimental value than any of my recent ones, and i'd probably never trade them. I was never patient/crazy enough to SR or Masuda Method for shinies, though. That's just not enjoyable to me, personally. But, if that's what you enjoy, then go for it. =)

j Woo

Pokemon Master
don't shiny pokemon have slightly better EVs and IVs too though?

Status
Not open for further replies.