• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayza16

Sky Lancer
I say we coin the term "Battle Stats" just like we coined the term "shinies"

Battle Stats are when a Pokemons stats have been raised by or lowered in battle. E.g. when Gyarados uses Dragon Dance, his attack and speed are raised one stage each, thus making his battle stats: Atk+1, Spd.+1. Stats can be raised or lowered from -6 or -7 to +6 or +7 with 0 being neutral. I say we coin the name for this: Battle Stats. It would be sweet if we could get that term in the game too just like we got in the term "Shiny".

Remember, the makers of Pokemon did not call shiny Pokemon "shinies", they called them "Alternate Colored Pokemon". It was the players of Pokemon who came up with the name "Shinies".

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
They are already called "stat boosts" or "stat buffs", so there is no reason to invent another fan-made term.

Moogleknight24

The Lone Dewott
I think this would be a cute idea Nostalgia-wise for the next game :)

The ability to switch from Gen 7 graphics to the graphical styles of the older games at any time by pressing select.

This includes all the new Pokemon, Mega Evolutions and such, to see all of these in full retro graphics would be awesome.

(though Z-Powers would have to have a static animation like any other moves from those gens, assuming it even comes back, as Gamefreak loves to keep certain features exclusive to specific games)

Of course the next game per tradition would be a Sinnoh remake for sure, which honestly dashes my "full retro graphics throwback" idea.

But what I'm saying is, to have a new game, which can switch between older style graphics at will, would be really fun.

I mean they did, already do that (kinda) with the music in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Though while my idea is probably more trouble than it's worth, it's fun to fantasize :)

Personally I wish they had done that with ORAS, being able to switch back to the Gen 3 graphics but adding the new content into the original style.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this'd be better in the Sun & Moon general discussion thread, since most ideas for the future games end up being discussed there.

Thanks :) hopefully a mod will see this and move it there? Or should I just do it myself? I dunno really ^^;

Either a mod will close the thread and let you discuss it in the general thread, or they might move it. Or I'm wrong, but idk.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
This would be cool, but re-creating all the game's assets to meet the styles of, what is it now? Seven generations? That would slow development down too much.

yuppi

just a dude
To be the very best

I never caught the original 150, nor tracked down the 3 dogs
Pokémon stadium owned me, u can check the battle logs
I didn't even see a Tauros, that safari stuff was flawed
It's embarrassing to admit gyrados the only shiny I ever saw
Not good enough for battle tower, ev training is so whack
Breeding for perfect ivs? Bruh I'd rather jack
And give Entei earthquake plus a killer ability
Cuz gamefreak nerfs all the pokes that are really cool to me
And chill with all the preaching, no time to grind cus life demands
Study, work and family vs digital monsters in my hand?
And I never liked the anime cus Ash is such a sucker
But if pokeskills are genetic we'd practically be brothers

Rayza16

Sky Lancer
Here's the clearest version of the type chart I've found plus a poem to help remember

http://pokemon-index.com/type

http://pokemon-index.com/type-dual/normal

https://www.google.com/search?sclie...0...0i131k1.AYXkAsEJ3Xo#imgrc=CsJhXjABwm6Y8M:

Normal attacks as normal, no matter who you fight.
Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel will burn in Fire’s blazing light.
Water drowns out Fire, Rock and even solid Ground.
Those who fly and those who swim, weak to Electric’s sound.
Flying pecks at Grass and Bug, and brings Fighting to yield,
While Grass, Psychic and Dark are quite sure to be Bug’s field!
Grass soaks up the Water type and breaks up Ground and Rock.
Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug are weak to Rock’s hard knock.
Ice freezes the earth and air, and snaps shut Dragon’s fangs,
While Dragon takes on Dragon, with a fiery, loud bang.
Fighting takes out Normal, Ice, smashes Rock, Dark and Steel.
Poison comes and causes Fairy, Grass and Bugs to keel.
The Ghost will spook the Psychic, sometimes even himself.
Steel brings Fairy, Ice and Rock to go up on the shelf.
Ground shakes up Electric, Rock, Poison Fire and Steel.
Psychic shall cause Fighting and Poison to always kneel.
Dark will scare the Psychic and bring terror to Ghost’s grin.
Against Fighting, Dragon, and Dark, Fairy’s sure to win.
You’ve memorized weaknesses for all Pokémon types.
So now you can do battle without having to gripe!

skytheguy

Strange pokemon Coins

hi! this is my first post, so excuse low quality or if there was a better place to put this (I didn't think it was based on the names and descriptions of other areas) but my friend found these strange pokemon coins a while ago and I asked on reddit but got either the post deleted (saying it was a question even when stated as not a question) or had no response in the questions thread so I thought I would share it here to see if there could be any answer.

imgur*com/zYl0Ess (link to image, replace * with a . because it won't let me post it otherwise)

if anyone has any idea what these are, it would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.