• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2018 Discussion Thread

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
So, as far as the games I'm legitimately interested in so far, E3 2018 seems to be the year of vague trailers of games that may or may not have been started and may or may not even be released on current consoles, in a year that may or may not have yet to be determined.

How wonderful. Call me when ES6, Halo, and Starfield are actually announced.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
SE Conference was meh. At least it is better than EA one.

Kirby Dragons

Jump Force is the best thing announced at E3 so far, and really the only thing I'm interested in, even if I can't buy it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Jump Force could be cool, depends on what type of fighting game it is. If it's like Smash Bros then I'm in, but I'm awful at fighting games so I need something that's more like a party game like Smash is.

Kage-Pikachu

I love fighting games but they don't love me, lol. I suck at online battles in Mortal Kombat and Blazblue but they're still fun to play..er lose, lol.

Speaking of Smash Bros., anyone think we'll get a story mode with cut-scenes again?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Speaking of Jump Force, I've got a question for those who know more about either the game or anime in general than I do. Is there any chance, whatsoever, that Yu-Gi-Oh characters appear in it, whether it be the humans or the monsters? I know it probably sounds sounds ridiculous, but Yu-Gi-Oh is a Shonen Jump anime/manga, so I figure there's a chance, unless there's something I don't know about in play here.

I don't watch too much anime beyond Pokémon, with Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh being just about the only other ones I do. I like them both enough that to have a game where I can have Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh characters fight each other might be worth the purchase alone.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Speaking of Jump Force, I've got a question for those who know more about either the game or anime in general than I do. Is there any chance, whatsoever, that Yu-Gi-Oh characters appear in it, whether it be the humans or the monsters? I know it probably sounds sounds ridiculous, but Yu-Gi-Oh is a Shonen Jump anime/manga, so I figure there's a chance, unless there's something I don't know about in play here.

I don't watch too much anime beyond Pokémon, with Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh being just about the only other ones I do. I like them both enough that to have a game where I can have Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh characters fight each other might be worth the purchase alone.

It is indeed possible that Yu-Gi-Oh characters could appear.

Re: Smash story mode. Pretty sure Sakurai said it was hell and would never happen again, didn't he?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm already starting to think that Jump Force is the anime version of Smash Bros. Definitely seems interesting but I'm still inclined towards Smash Bros because it might have more surprising news.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Re: Smash story mode. Pretty sure Sakurai said it was hell and would never happen again, didn't he?

To be fair, Sakurai says a lot things. Like Smash Bros Wii U would be his last Smash Bros game... Or Brawl... Or Melee...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm already starting to think that Jump Force is the anime version of Smash Bros. Definitely seems interesting but I'm still inclined towards Smash Bros because it might have more surprising news.

Some people have gotten to play it now. it's more like Tekken/Pokken than anything like Smash. So I may or may not give it a shot.

To be fair, Sakurai says a lot things. Like Smash Bros Wii U would be his last Smash Bros game... Or Brawl... Or Melee...

True enough.

The Ubisoft conference had some pretty good stuff. Real excited for a new Trials, and I may actually make Odyssey my first Assassin's Creed game. I like the new RPG direction of it. Also I live ancient history and Greece is right in there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Some people have gotten to play it now. it's more like Tekken/Pokken than anything like Smash. So I may or may not give it a shot.
I certainly get the hype behind it considering there are numerous fans of Shonen Jump anime like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Death Note and for them putting them in a crossover fighting game feels just as satisfying as putting Nintendo characters in a crossover fighting game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I certainly get the hype behind it considering there are numerous fans of Shonen Jump anime like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and Death Note and for them putting them in a crossover fighting game feels just as satisfying as putting Nintendo characters in a crossover fighting game.

It's certainly not the first game like this, I'm pretty sure there are several different Jump fighting games, I don't know how many have been released outside of Japan, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's certainly not the first game like this, I'm pretty sure there are several different Jump fighting games, I don't know how many have been released outside of Japan, though.
There was a Jump fighting game that was released in North America and Europe. Personally it didn't resonate as well with me compared to SSB4, which I think was more popular than the other Jump fighting game. The same thing might go all over again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-Stars_Victory_VS