• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everything Changes

Prior to DP100 everyone was saying DP series is going exactly similar to that of Kanto. Ash caught Turtwig and Chimchar in same fashion as that of Bulbasaur and Charmander. Ash got a rival in the starting of the journey (Paul) just like Gary. Ash caught a pokemon who belong to same species to that of the starter of his rival (Turtwig) and both are turtle based Pokemon. But in DP100 Ash turtwig evolved much to dismay of many fans who said turtwig would never evolve just like Bulbasaur. So things have changed.
What more changes will be there in the DP which didn't occur in Kanto. Will chimchar refuse to evolve? Will Ash become the Sinnoh League champion? What are your Opinion?
Discuss.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think that both Ash & Paul would meet in the finals of Sinnoh League & there battle will end in a draw & hence both of them would go to challenge the Elite 4 or the new Batle Frontier (my guess is Ash will do both the Elite 4 & BF whereas Paul will only challenge the Elite 4. This is because there are only 5 Frontier Brains in the new BF & combining that with the four members of the Elite 4 we would get a total of 10 main battles which would be enough for the next Filler Series also the BF challenge would help make Ash's pokemon more powerful too).
I dont think he will use reserves unless he gets to the Elite Four. Doesnt seem fair on his Sinnoh Pokémon.
Well if Paul decides to use his reserves pokemons (which i very much think he would have since he has already traveled the other 3 regions) in the Sinnoh League then i don't think Ash would have a chance against him unless he uses his reverse pokemon because if i am right all of Paul's reserve pokemon would be around the same power level as Paul's Torterra is which is his most powerful pokemon (since its his starter pokemon).

Last edited:

firepokemontrainer

I think they made the series go slow up until now to give Ash's team some time to develop. With Chimchar won his first gym, it's no doubt that our little monkey friend could possibly evolve in the near future (perhaps the next gym?)

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
\ already traveled the other 3 regions) Torterra is which is his most powerful pokemon (since its his starter pokemon).

Just regarding this statement, does anyone find it odd that Pauls starter pokemon was a Turtwig, and yet he has done the Sinnoh region last?

thunderblade12

Im convinced that Ash will win the league after defeating Paul in the final round or tie with him leading to both Ash and Paul gaining the rights to challange the E4. If Jessie can make the Grand Festival Ash can win the whole league

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
I think that ash will win the league and also i think that Ash will be geting more powerful pokemon and will be useing resvres in the league.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think this time round, Ash will get to the finals. He would have beat Paul and Jun, and he would now be up against Nando. Nando will win.

I also think Nando will win the Grand Festival. That would shove it right in Zoeys face, eh?

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Has everyone forgotten that even if Ash wins the Sinnoh League he can't
challenge the elite 4 or Cynthia since he isn't from the Sinnoh region?

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
In Lucian's debut episode they said you can challenge the elite 4
of your home region when you win the League of that region.

Like Tyson, he won the Ever Grande Conference and can challenge Hoenn's
elote 4 cause hes from Mauville City. If Paul wins, he can challenge the elite
4 and rematch with Cynthia since he comes from Veilstone City. Maybe thats why
he didn't start in Sinnoh, it makes more sense to get experience before you try to
take on the 5 strongest trainers in your country.

thunderblade12

Was this just a dub line in Chim-Charred or did they say it back in the Japanese version:

Ash: (to Paul) We both have the same goal of winning the Sinnoh League and going on to battle champion Cynthia!
Paul: Your point?

Dub Ash seems to think he can battle the Sinnoh Elite 4

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
^ Why cant he, he and Paul in in the same weight class, I honestly put them as equals

What sets Ash and Paul apart is the fact that Paul has had all his pokemon ( except Gliscor and Ursaring ) for a while now, Ash just caught his pokemon in Sinnoh, I'm pretty sure if Ash came to Sinnoh with Sceptile, Swellow, Pikachu and Donphan than we would've seen a completely different story in his battles with Paul.

Now it's true Paul has beaten Ash twice now, and Both time he not only had type advantage and a more experienced pokemon, I'm not making excuses for Ash but they've never battle on an even playing feild since their First battle, which was a draw.

I think Ash has just as good a chance against the Elite 4 in the future as Paul