• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Instruments

Do you play an instrument?

• Yes I do and it is...

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters

McNugget

The Bassist
Hi!
I've been into music for about 4 years now and was wondering, do any of you play an instrument? If so what is it/ what are they? :D

I play all saxophones, piano, and bass guitar.

Special Notes
Vocals DO count.
Also things like ocarina,
and recorders ARE
instruments so they DO
count.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Taking your special notes into account, I currently play three instruments. I've been playing violin for about six years, clarinet for three years and I've sang by myself ever since I can remember, but I've been in a chorus for one and a half years. I also played the recorder for like two years when they forced us to play it in elementary school, and I play very limited piano.

Rave

Banned
i got a arctic white single coil maple neck fender stratocaster. I play with a '75 peavey amp and 3 distortion pedals.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Ive been playing the trumpet for about 2 years now.

Zazie

So 1991
I can play most fretted stringed instruments and keyboard style instruments, though I not that good at playing either. With keyboard style instruments I never properly learned to get my hand to play independently of one another. On guitar my main issue is that I am out of practice, but I haven't had the time to take lessons since I started college. I have pretty much gotten most of the techniques down, I just can't do six string barre chords or finger tapping and have a little bit of difficulty with tremolo picking.

I am also teaching myself some alternate tunings right now, mostly All fourths and Drop D, I want to work on open tunings next and possibly Major Thirds if I feel like messing with custom string sets. My guitar is tuned to c#g#c#f#,b,e at the moment.

I currently have a short scale bass and a Squeir Affinity Stratocaster. I could definitely use a new guitar since my current one has some issues, but I can't justify spending the money at my skill level. I want to build I custom guitar whenever I decide to upgrade however.

I think I may have went on a bit long.

Last edited:
I play clarinet and alto saxophone.

Vestara

I've played flute for fifteen years now. I play a little piccolo (same as flute, except tighter embouchure and fewer low notes) and I occasionally pick up my ocarina, recorder, and pennywhistles to try and remember their notes. Got a keyboard for Christmas, so I guess I'll finally be memorizing bass clef notes after avoiding them all these years.

Pyroli

Banned
I play the banjo (no judgement). I started playing about two years ago, when I discoved Mumford & Sons. I also play a bit of guitar, however I prefer my banjo.

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
I have been playing the violin since age 7. After that I gradually start learning how to play the rest of the string instrument such as viola, cello and double bass, though I weren't quite good at it as I am with the violin (since I have small fingers imo). Out of the string instrument I also know how to play the accordion and the piano but not very smooth with them. Now I play violin mostly for the orchestra of Hong Kong academy for performing art.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Oh I like this thread

I've been playing instruments ever since I was in 1st grade so like...12 or 13 years?

Anyways, I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, harmonica, ukelele, and ocarina

I'm also the guitarist and singer in my band (Rock and blues power trio)

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I played trumpet in middle and high schools. I started bass guitar half way through high school, and now play it every Sunday morning and Wednesday night.

Doux

About a year ago at a yard sale, my mother got a piano for free because the owners didn't want it. I've played it from time to time, it's definitely fun for someone like me who can type quickly...you need nimble fingers! :)

Flame Mistress

I've been playing piano for about... seven or eight years now? Heck, it's been so long, I can't even remember. XD;; I'm preparing for my Grade 7 exam right now. I also play viola and have been for a year and a bit, which I'm preparing for Grade 3 at least, I should be /shot. I enjoy singing as well, though time and money restricts me from going too far with that one.

I also did Grade 5 Theory, if that counts.

McNugget

The Bassist
I have been playing the violin since age 7. After that I gradually start learning how to play the rest of the string instrument such as viola, cello and double bass, though I weren't quite good at it as I am with the violin (since I have small fingers imo). Out of the string instrument I also know how to play the accordion and the piano but not very smooth with them. Now I play violin mostly for the orchestra of Hong Kong academy for performing art.

That's pretty impressive imo. :)

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I played the bass when I was younger, but right now I want to play the guitar. I hope having still my groove back.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I used to play the guitar, but I broke it (i was young)
I'm not planning on playing any instruments anytime soon, though.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
I play flute and a little bit of piano. I am much better at flute, though. Even though I have only been playing for three years