• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'It's Evolving!"

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
How come whenever a Pokemon evolves, they always make Brock say "It's evolving!"? I mean, by now, it should be pretty obvious, therefore, what's the point of someone saying so? And Ash and the others always seem to look somewhat surprised, even though he's had at least 12 evolve to this date...

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
It kind of like how Ash and co. always have to repeat what the character of the day says about 20 times per episode in a surprised tone.
CotD: "They say that theres a Tangrowth that protects these woods."
Ash: "A Tangrowth that protects the woods?"

I guess Brock says that the Pokemon is evolving, because someone has to say it. They're not just going to let a Pokemon evolve and then return it to its Pokeball without saying anything about it.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Another instance of " We're doing this for the audience ". It's for people who don't know what evolution is to know what is happening. A surprising amount of people who watch the anime have never played the games so they're learning about Pokemon through the anime.

kingkoopa1080

Well evolution is a pretty cool thing in the pokemon world. Would you like them to just not say anything? i think its just a reaction to seeing them evolve to say that.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Animes tend to state the obvious a lot. They tend to repeat dialogue, too.

And as you know, Pokemon is an anime. Are the pieces falling into place now?

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
probably like CyberCubed said its for the younger generation kinda like when ash see a wild pokemon he either caught or saw before and still checks his pokedex

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
It always kind of annoyed me now that i think about it.

-a-Pokemon is in heated battle
-b-Pokemon turns white
-c-Big "WAAKKSHOOOOOK" sounds is made
-d-Little trilly sounds are made
-e-"It's EVOLVING!!"

d and e may be changed sequentially.

Yeah, it's just to show how big of a deal it is. Like, heres a bad example, you can get A's on a bunch of your tests throughout the years. After you get back some random test, if you get an A, youre going to say "Oh I got an A!"....cause its exciting and kind of a big deal....right? Just like how all evolutions are big deals.
I realize my example was bad but yeah i think i proved my point.

Kotone

how come there are magical creatures able to control elements and stuff...oh wait it's an anime...

Torpoleon

I don't know. I guess Brock just says it for people to new to the show or something.

Combusken-94

I think it's just because some people may be new to the show and haven't played the games, so Brock is telling them what is happening.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
It gives Takeshi something to say. I think that's a miraculous merit in itself.

people are not smart.

if Brock never said anything, we'd have these people being all "OMG OMG EXPLODE WHATS GOING ON?!! ;0;" until the process is over with, and they're like "OH, it just changed into a bigger creature, it's fine." after freaking out.

poor brainless souls. ):

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Well evolution is quite a big deal for trainers. I mean I think it's just the matter of always happening when they least expect it :) (Chimchar for example) That's why I think they look surprised when it happens. I also agree with the new fans thing Brock kinda just tells them what's happening sooo yeah levels don't really exsist in the anime (either that or it plays a much smaller role) so a a pokemon can evolve at any time So of course it will make the trainer jump alittle.:)

BlueVapor

To show the younger, newer generation of fans what is exactly happening. And because it's a big deal, I would look shocked every time it happened too.

Thriller

Its almost time
I was always more bothered at the gawking and shocked response the characters make when their Pokemon evolves.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Evolving can look like an attack, like Bide. It's always nice to know.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
Everyone in the anime is just really clueless of what going on...even though its really obvious.

Well. Put your self in ash's shoes. One minute you are telling Chimchar to use flamethrower the next he is glowing white. No its not testicle cancer ash...
Brock: Its evolving.

But in all seriousness if you didn't have accesses to spoilers you would be surprised 9/10 times a Pokemon evolved while you were watching the anime. As for the "Its evolving" well have you ever looked through a window and said "Its raining"? Yeah...