• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkdarkside

I"m glad im not like that......

I'm very respectful of everyone's opinion on Mega Charizard. I dont care it didnt get dragon, im glad it still has flying. I like how the design made it look more dragon like without making it dragon type. The part that shocked me was giving it drought. Now i have to plan on a good strategy with it :p

Now my question is this, if all starters get megas, which water type will get Drizzle, so Charizard isn't the only Starter Pokemon with a Weather Ability, So its fair
Feraligatr ,i hope.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I don't know why, but I can see Swampert getting drizzle. This is just based on feeling and nothing else.

My friends and I were discussing in our Pokemon Podcast that Empoleon could get it. That could be a possibility.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
I don't know why, but I can see Swampert getting drizzle. This is just based on feeling and nothing else.

I can see that, it seems the most likely compared to the other water starters, But Speaking of which, what effect do you think mega launcher will have

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
I like Charizard and its "Mega-evo", in fact, i like all of them.(Not sure if anyone has said anything about this, i didn't read back far enough to know.)

I see a lot of comments about wanting it to be part dragon type, or having odd things on its arms or his less-than mighty looking claws.
I think it looks like they emphasized the flying part of its typing. They made it more streamlined by taking some of the bulk away(like it's supposed to rely on agility rather than bashing an opponent into the ground like seismic toss as people keep bringing up..), seem to have made its wings larger and gave it smaller wings on his arms, presumably to help maneuver in flight. I feel it makes more sense to have the mega-evo be a flying type.(just my two cents)

My friends and I were discussing in our Pokemon Podcast that Empoleon could get it. That could be a possibility.

That's actually pretty feasible too. I don't see Feraligatr simply because I think they would give it a move that would match up with it being an alligator (rough skin, intimidate). I don't think they are going to give new abilities to the gen 5 starters because their dream world abilities haven't technically been shown, so they may just save them for their mega evolutions.

Empoleon and Swampert are the best bet for rain dancers.

Torpoleon

I kinda think Drizzler Swampert makes a bit more sense (and besides, a Swampert going up againast a Mega Charizard is suicide without Drizzle, especially since Charizard is faster). As long as all the starters and my two favorite Pokémon, Flygon (my all-time favorite, who I'd even use on my team if it got a Mega form) & Haxorus, get Mega forms, I'll be happy.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
I can see that, it seems the most likely compared to the other water starters, But Speaking of which, what effect do you think mega launcher will have
I'm hoping for 1.5 boost on some "beam" attacks in addition to pulses.

180 base power STAB Hydro Pump, go go go.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
I"m glad im not like that......

I'm very respectful of everyone's opinion on Mega Charizard. I dont care it didnt get dragon, im glad it still has flying. I like how the design made it look more dragon like without making it dragon type. The part that shocked me was giving it drought. Now i have to plan on a good strategy with it :p

Now my question is this, if all starters get megas, which water type will get Drizzle, so Charizard isn't the only Starter Pokemon with a Weather Ability, So its fair

My guy feeling goes with Swampert. While I am a bigger fan of Fearligatr, and it does fit our Gatry friend well, I say Swampert since it does kinda based around amarsh/swamp/wetlands dweller. But that's just me. The more I go on, the more I'm convinced ANY water starter could have it. Hell, let's just give it to Froakie.

Icepath

I don't like the designs of the new Kanto starter Mega Evolutions, but I'm sure they'll warm up a lot to me, as I am a huge fan of what Nintendo is doing.

I think I like Venusaurs design the best out of all of them. The other two are pretty good, but Venusaurs stands out to me a tad bit more.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer

I think Swampert is the most reasonable. I feel as is Swampert is the one most associated with rain as I feel like Hoenn is probably the most rainy of the regions and Pokemon's main swampy areas generally rain. i think Mega Swampert would be the best for Drizzle as well.

GirlsILikeThem

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post

The one thing I'd love to see is every Starter getting a MegaEvolution... MEGAEMPOLEON <3
I'd want an double battle with MegaEmpoleon and MegaSamurott.
They both are my favorite starters c:

Then there'd be a mouthful in MegaMeganium.

Linkdarkside

We can revert our Megaevolved pokemon back to their original form after the turn they evolve right? e.g. Megaevolve charizard and set up sun, next turn return to Solar Power charizard?
Mega evolving doesn't waste a turn so solar beam could be used in the same turn.

Burger

The very best
not really as Thick fat takes away Venusaurs Ice and Fire weakeness's

also I would expect at least one of the mega starters (perhaps Empoleon or Totodile) to get Drizzle and perhaps Torterra or Swampert to get Sandstream

I could also see Empoleon with Snow warning as well being a penguin

Assuming they all get Mega Evolutions that is

I kinda doubt it because it would take damage from the hail an be counter productive. Also I can't see them taking away the steel type to add in ice.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm hoping for 1.5 boost on some "beam" attacks in addition to pulses.

180 base power STAB Hydro Pump, go go go.

I'd imagine it'll boost cannon moves in addition to pulse moves, given how Blastoise's whole thing is cannons and its signature move is Hydro Cannon (as well as getting Flash Cannon).

They'll probably introduce more Pulse moves, as well - the only one Blastoise gets as of Gen V is Water Pulse, which is way inferior to Surf or even Scald.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Then there'd be a mouthful in MegaMeganium.

That sounds awesome lol. Just make the flower into a huge Orchid and make some coloration changes(to look more like Bayleef) and it'll be sweet

Soberheartless

First off, I'm sooo happy that my favorite Pokémon got a MegaEvolution ! :D I'm torn however, because starting out with Chespin, I don't want to raise both it and Bulbasaur, Chespin will be overshadowed :( To be honest, I think that revealed over time, the Hoenn sterters will all get MegaEvolutions, and then quite possibly later on the rest of the Starters. I am indifferent on getting 2 starters that early in the game, kinda takes away the rarity if you ask me

And, MegaVenusaur :D ^

Tytus

Iron Islander
I kinda doubt it because it would take damage from the hail an be counter productive. Also I can't see them taking away the steel type to add in ice.
It IS a penguin though. I wouldn't be shocked if they gave Empoleon Snow Warning and changed him from Steel to Ice. We haven't seen a precedent for Gamefreak messing with mega starter types yet, but who knows. I'd personally like it, but they don't have to cover all the weather effects with starters necessarily.
That sounds awesome lol. Just make the flower into a huge Orchid and make some coloration changes(to look more like Bayleef) and it'll be sweet
If they continue the trend of incorporating first evolution characteristics into the mega evolutions, I wouldn't be surprised to see Meganium get it's head leaf back, a la Charizard.

I want to see some Super Saiyan 3 level fire hair on Mega Infernape. Give Torterra a mountain shell.

First off, I'm sooo happy that my favorite Pokémon got a MegaEvolution ! :D I'm torn however, because starting out with Chespin, I don't want to raise both it and Bulbasaur, Chespin will be overshadowed :( To be honest, I think that revealed over time, the Hoenn sterters will all get MegaEvolutions, and then quite possibly later on the rest of the Starters. I am indifferent on getting 2 starters that early in the game, kinda takes away the rarity if you ask me

And, MegaVenusaur :D ^
Something tells me these will be given after you beat the Elite 4. Perhaps the other generation starters could be given out with mega evolutions once you satisfy a certain goal (catch all the kalos pokemon, catch all the pokemon, beat the endgame battle frontier/pwt/etc. facilities). At least that is my hope, because i want to give the current starters some love before i go back to these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.