• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Its stats are only marginally better then Jolteon's.

It so far looks to have as terrible of a movepool as ever, with Fire type moves being its only noteworthy option for coverage.

Its ability, while good, doesn't benefit it nearly as much as the abilities most of the other Mega Pokemon got. If Volt Switch couldn't be stopped by Ground types, it might've been more useful.

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Mega Garchomp looks cool and all, but it's lowered speed keeps it from sweeping.

You see Mega Garchomp the Land Shark has Base 92 Speed. Haxorus (in 5th gen, the slowest dragon typpe in OU, with Hydreigon just a point above) however, has 97 base speed. So. If both sides invest max speed and Jolly nature, in the end, Haxorus just deals the crap out of Mega Garchomp scarfed or banded or life orb'd (in other cases, heavily bruise Mega Garchomp to the point of a second revenge killing)

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Not sure if this is exactly the right place, couldn't really find a correct topic for it, buuut.

To anyone who has the Bannete mega stone but does not have a Bannete, I have one. PM me your FC and such and i'll give you it for free. Just gimmie whatever junk y'got and i'm good.

Also. Bannete can be found in pokemon village, in the shaking trash bin. Atleast, that's where I found mine

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ageislash is basically the perfect counter to Gardevoir (whatever forme it is)... It's slow enough to keep it's high defenses and strong enough afterwards to KO it with either STAB Iron Head or Shadow Claw.

And Free battles are pretty cheap right now because a lot of people are spamming Mega Mewtwo Y

You see Mega Garchomp the Land Shark has Base 92 Speed. Haxorus (in 5th gen, the slowest dragon typpe in OU, with Hydreigon just a point above) however, has 97 base speed. So. If both sides invest max speed and Jolly nature, in the end, Haxorus just deals the crap out of Mega Garchomp scarfed or banded or life orb'd (in other cases, heavily bruise Mega Garchomp to the point of a second revenge killing)
Mega Chomp get's a Defense Boost to 115... so you gotta invest in Attack for Haxous in order to OHKO it. Even still I don't think it's Speed kicks in till after it's next turn... Not sure about that though

Last edited:

ZelionX

Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to load up on mega pokemon and each battle mega evolve a pokemon depending on the matchups? I have been trying that and it has been working pretty well for me... Especially when the opponent is not expecting me to mega evolve at the time.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Its stats are only marginally better then Jolteon's.

It so far looks to have as terrible of a movepool as ever, with Fire type moves being its only noteworthy option for coverage.

Its ability, while good, doesn't benefit it nearly as much as the abilities most of the other Mega Pokemon got. If Volt Switch couldn't be stopped by Ground types, it might've been more useful.

They didn't fix its moveset? After what happened with Blastoise I would've figured that they would've went back and fixed that, and agreed on the ability since it's not bulky enough to completely benefit from it.

Maybe next game will be better for it...

Last edited:

Rakurai

Mega Chomp get's a Defense Boost to 115... so you gotta invest in Attack for Haxous in order to OHKO it. Even still I don't think it's Speed kicks in till after it's next turn... Not sure about that though

Pretty sure it would still drop if it got hit by Outrage or a boosted Dragon Claw.

It would be faster on the turn it mega evolves on, though.

They didn't fix its moveset? After what happened with Blastoise I would've figured that they would've went back and fixed that, and agreed on the ability since it's not bulky enough to completely benefit from it.

Maybe next game will be better for it...

Its only known new egg move at this point is the borderline useless Eerie Impulse, and the only new level-up move it gets is Electric Terrain.

I can confirm it doesn't get Moonblast as an egg move, either, which doesn't leave it with a whole lot of other special based options I could realistically see it learning. I really don't think it would've killed them to make some Electric types other then Lanturn capable of using Dazzling Gleam, considering how notorious they are for having terrible movepools.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Pretty sure it would still drop if it got hit by Outrage or a boosted Dragon Claw.

It would be faster on the turn it mega evolves on, though.
That's likely the case... probably because I couldn't get a boost off (and still don't have boosting items), but it did survive my Mance's Max Attack (beneficial nature and Max IV) Dragon Claw. Again, likely because I hadn't been able to get a boost off though

Furious Fox

Mega-Blaze, seriously is Blaziken GF's love child or something? Blaze is already ridiculously powerful, that slot could have gone to a much more deserving starter...

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Its only known new egg move at this point is the borderline useless Eerie Impulse, and the only new level-up move it gets is Electric Terrain.

I can confirm it doesn't get Moonblast as an egg move, either, which doesn't leave it with a whole lot of other special based options I could realistically see it learning. I really don't think it would've killed them to make some Electric types other then Lanturn capable of using Dazzling Gleam, considering how notorious they are for having terrible movepools.

Yeah it really wouldn't have, Dazzling Gleam in particular is something that could make sense of if they wanted and it would help it get coverage. Granted, the new speed tier will help, but it's pretty situational and it doesn't get much to differentiate from Jolteon. It basically has the stats and nothing to abuse them with.

ZelionX

Has anyone used mega TTar? I was wondering if it's worth trying to acquire its mega stone which will be hard since I have Y

Chibified

<--Wants Plushie of
I've had the awkward privilege to use some of the Megas so far. Not a fan of Mega Mewtwo X and Mega-Blazekin, right annoying jerks. I did like what they've done to a lot of them Pinsir being my favorite in design, and what were they on with Banette? Ugh... that was an unexpected change. If it helps any, to answer some questions, I have found that you CAN give Blastoise Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse through breeding a Clawlitzer with the moves via Move Remember NPC. It works out well, actually. Someone called me a cheat for mopping their Mega-Gyrados with Aura Sphere.

I am kinda disappointed in how many...Fire types who have gotten some serious love. I only dislike them because of how much... abuse they are allowed to have. I feel bad for Mega-Houndoom, that should've just been an evo, all things considered. But I feel like Manetric, like posted above was just... badly programmed. It has the stats to do a LOT. But nothing to use with them... yet. I still think there's possible egg moves it may be able to obtain, so let's not rule it out yet.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Mega-Blaze, seriously is Blaziken GF's love child or something? Blaze is already ridiculously powerful, that slot could have gone to a much more deserving starter...

Don't get me wrong, I love Blaziken, Mega or not, but I've realized how even more stupidly broken it might become, now that Hidden Abilities can pass down through males. Baton Pass is now an option on Mega Blaziken, which is all kinds of broken. Except in specific situational cases like having a Gale Wings Talonflame or Mega Pinsir (it isn't exactly safe to simply switch into Adamant Mega Blaziken with that massive Attack), nothing is going to stop Mega Blaziken from simply Baton Passing away to another Pokemon when things get rough. Revenge killing really seems to be the most reliable way to take out Mega Blaziken, which is not good for the metagame. Honestly, I have no idea what good could come out if Blaziken doesn't get banned.

If someone disagrees, though, I'd love to hear it, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way at all.

Last edited:

Rakurai

I'm going to assume that it's probably the main reason that Gale Wings Talonflame is so common on the teams of Japanese players at the moment.

It's kind of sad that the lack of a ban in rated battles is going to necessitate having a counter for it.

thepinguins

Steel Jester
Anyone know what pokemon has the best Mega Evolution? Currently, I mega evolve Blaziken, as Mega Gengar isn't powerful enough and I dislike Mewtwo X as it doesn't fit the set I'm using (Which I need Mewtwo Y). My Multiplayer team currently: Hydreigon (Hate the x4 on fairy type), Gengar, Blaziken, Aegislash, Mewtwo and Protean Greninja (The thing's OP)

Don't get me wrong, I love Blaziken, Mega or not, but I've realized how even more stupidly broken it might become, now that Hidden Abilities can pass down through males. Baton Pass is now an option on Mega Blaziken, which is all kinds of broken. Except in specific situational cases like having a Gale Wings Talonflame or Mega Pinsir (it isn't exactly safe to simply switch into Adamant Mega Blaziken with that massive Attack), nothing is going to stop Mega Blaziken from simply Baton Passing away to another Pokemon when things get rough. Revenge killing really seems to be the most reliable way to take out Mega Blaziken, which is not good for the metagame. Honestly, I have no idea what good could come out if Blaziken doesn't get banned.

If someone disagrees, though, I'd love to hear it, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way at all.

It's bound to get sent to the Ubers tier.
It's Blaziken, which was banned, only better. As you said bar Gale Wing Talonflame and MegaPinsir with Quick attack there's little to nothing that can stop it from its onslaught.
Which is why I can see GW Talonflames showing up everywhere. But that's not enough to keep it in standard play.

Hydreigon (Hate the x4 on fairy type), Gengar, Blaziken, Aegislash, Mewtwo and Protean Greninja (The thing's OP)

That's reason enough for it to get a MEga Evo. I'd be pretty darn disappointed if nearly all the other Pseudo legends get one, and My boy Hydrei doesn't.

Reverts back to it's original tank design.

Last edited:

TyranatarGojira

I actually kind of wish that Muk or Garbodor got Mega's. Just because it would be hilarious to take out Team Flare who want a beautiful world with those two.

Love pretty much all the mega evolutions, it really brings a massive change into battling (Mega Charizard >:3)
Btw is anyone willing to trade mega stones? I'm offering Charizardite X and Mewtonite X for the Y stones of those.

Naito

So the 28 megas we've got is all, right? There isn't any chance there are more of them?

So the 28 megas we've got is all, right? There isn't any chance there are more of them?

Of course there's a chance we haven't found some.
It's unlikely, but it's still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.