• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomicial

MegaAmpharos is likely to be a poor man's Zekrom (with a slightly better movepool)...who by the way (Zekrom) is awesome, but severely lackluster in terms of battle potential

Also special attack based for probably lower tiers...

WHAT OTHER LEGENDARIES WILL HAVE MEGA EVOLUTIONS?!

*Head explodes*

Naito

I'm expecting MegaForms of all of the starters. Including the new ones. Mega Lucario sounds AWESOME (with Adaptability to top it off). As well as MegaBlaziken and MegaAmpharos (Electric/Dragon? Mold Breaker? This sheepy just got even more BADASS). I'm expecting Mega Ninetales. 8I

This makes me have a lot of questions though:
- Why are these Mega and not considered new species?
- Is Sylveon possibly a MegaEvolution?
- Just how will this effect the entire Meta game (soon to be probably 'Mega' game)

As well as many more.

-because they are just forms, not evolutions, that's why
-no
-lol

sorry but ill have to see the screenshots or the info posted on pokemon.com or pokemon smash to be confirmed
coro coro "leaks" is not confirmed info... sorry but they can still be a really good fake scans

just have to wait a few more days

But serebii already confirmed it, just read the front page. And if they end up being fake after all... then someone made a damn good job and fooled thousands of people.

Last edited:

Noturno

I want to see a Mega Charizard, Dragon/Fire type
or Drought ability, STABs in Fire Blast and Draco
Meteor, like a Reshiram. Amazing!

So when you saw the mega evolution of Blaziken, did anyone else react with this, "NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE"? Or was it just me? P.S. A mawile / absol evolution would've sufficed.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Wow I'm going to try very hard not to be pessimistic about this but my first reaction is I'm PI**ED OFF! What do we have to Digivolve them to get mega forms or what! Some of the designs are cool looking but four stage pokemon lines was something I never thought would happen EVER.

Sponge

Just checking something out. Unless mega mawile has an attack stat drop...which seems unlikely. Huge power will give mawile a base attack of at least 170! Thats even before a potential stat increase.

Nodame

Misty <3
I like all the mega evolution specially absol, but I prefer if mawile gets a regular evolution

Charizard gets a mega form and gains two heads. King Ghidorah lives. (Yes i know hydreigon has three heads)
With the addition of mega evolutions, something tells me we've neared the end.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I want to see more about these Mega Evolutions and who else gets them. Until I hear otherwise or see it through playing the game, I can't see them not giving the other starter final evolutions Mega Evolutions since they gave one to Blaziken (this includes Froakie's, Fennekin's and Chespin's final evos). Overall, I am so-so about this new addition to pokemon. I just hope they give pokemon who need the boost these evolutions. I like the fact that they gave Mawile and Absol one because they are on the list of needing a boost. I can't wait to hear more about this and the game. Just 2 more months.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What do we have to Digivolve them to get mega forms or what!

Ever used Meloetta Pirouette Forme? Because that's basically what these are.

Seriously people. It's just a new spin on the form concept. You've been doing it sence Gen III.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You know guys, something just occurred to me. Since the new Mewtwo form is an evolution, it's probably going to have a crazy BST. You know what that means?

[SPOIL]MegaArceus[/SPOIL]

Charizard gets a mega form and gains two heads. King Ghidorah lives. (Yes i know hydreigon has three heads)
With the addition of mega evolutions, something tells me we've neared the end.

Are you kidding? This is only the beginning. Aside from MegaMawile and MegaAbsol, all of the confirmed Mega Evolutions were given to Pokemon that we never expected would get one. The list of potential evolutions has just increased tenfold.

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I love how these Mega get fluffy hair, frills, ribbons etc...

They look so majestic and flowy..

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
This whole concept has a lot of questions. I really can't wait until October now!

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
sorry but ill have to see the screenshots or the info posted on pokemon.com or pokemon smash to be confirmed
coro coro "leaks" is not confirmed info... sorry but they can still be a really good fake scans

just have to wait a few more days

Already confirmed read the main page....

okay people seriously give me the link that says mega pokemon are in battle only i dont want to hear how you think thats how it works i want cold hard confirmation because unless you have such info you cannot say with any conviction thats how it works

PokeJungle

Well, in a way this is a clever way of not filling up the PokéDex with anything related to old generations. If these MegaMonsters indeed are basically forms which activate in battle, they probably won't take space in the PokéDex, thus giving more space for completely new ones.

...then again, I really would prefer actual evolutions for certain Pokémon (Mawile and Absol). And I mean, we have Sylveon. It's going to be an odd jumble of actual evolutions and then these mega-forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.