• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about what changes they could make..

Charizard - Turn him into Fire/Dragon. Speed becomes 120, Special Attack becomes 120, Special Defense Becomes 100, HP Becomes 90. Gains the ability Levitate

Blastoise - Turns him into Water/Steel, Special Defense becomes 120, Defense become 120, Special Attack become 90.Gains the Ability Drizzle

Gengar. Keeps Poison/Ghost. Special Attack becomes 145, Speedy becomes 125. None of his other stats change. Gains the Ability Shadow Tag..

Kangaskan - Already Know

Pinsir - Turns him into Bug/Fighting. Attack Becomes 140, Defense becomes 120. None of his other stats change. Gains the Ability Intimidate.

Jynx - Turns him into Ice/Fairy. Special attack becomes 125, Speedy Becomes 115, Special Defense Becomes 125. Gains the ability Forecast,

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Thinking about what changes they could make..

Charizard - Turn him into Fire/Dragon. Speed becomes 120, Special Attack becomes 120, Special Defense Becomes 100, HP Becomes 90. Gains the ability Levitate

Blastoise - Turns him into Water/Steel, Special Defense becomes 120, Defense become 120, Special Attack become 90.Gains the Ability Drizzle

Gengar. Keeps Poison/Ghost. Special Attack becomes 145, Speedy becomes 125. None of his other stats change. Gains the Ability Shadow Tag..

Kangaskan - Already Know

Pinsir - Turns him into Bug/Fighting. Attack Becomes 140, Defense becomes 120. None of his other stats change. Gains the Ability Intimidate.

Pinsir definitely needs that mega evolution. I know Pinsir is supposed to be Heracross' counterpart, but I always imagined him as Scyther's since Pinsir and Scyther existed before Heracross. I also notice that people don't really use Pinsir for competitive battling, at least from my experience.

Naito

Has anybody posted this? That is a list of Pokémon whose trademarks' merchandise scope are expanded, some being recently trademarked for this purpose. It is obviously not a complete list of Mega Evolutions, but it should already make it obvious that the scope of Mega Evolutions will be large and showcase which Mega Pokémon will likely be the poster childs.

This is rather interesting. There is almost every pokemon people prefer or they want another evo or pre-evo. But on the other hand, there are two pokemon notably missing - Sableye and Dunsparce. Though it would be cool to see mega-evos of Scizor, Latias, Charizard, Houndoom, Heracross and Aggron.

Thinking about it..

Blaziken: Red Ranger

Lucario: Blue Ranger

Mawile: Pink Ranger

Mewtwo: White Ranger

Absol: Silver Ranger

Go go Poke Rangers

This is rather interesting. There is almost every pokemon people prefer or they want another evo or pre-evo. But on the other hand, there are two pokemon notably missing - Sableye and Dunsparce. Though it would be cool to see mega-evos of Scizor, Latias, Charizard, Houndoom, Heracross and Aggron.

Maybe they will get evoultions instead of Mega Evoultions..

Part 2

Gyarados - Keeps Water/Flying. Attack becomes 135, Speed Becomes 90,Special Defense becomes 120. Gains the Ability Swift Swim

Aerodactyl - Keeps Rock/Flying. Speed become 140, Attack become 120. Gains the ability Thick Fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if I understood correctly, some of those trademarks were newly registered, and some could just be for pre-caution. Meaning, some of those Pokemon might not end up getting mega evolutions, and some Pokemon NOT on the list might get them, just registered later.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
My Thoughts:
I wrote this to one of my friends whom was freaking out (negatively) about the whole Mega form thing. Saying it was the end, and he might quit here on Pokemon. He was just reacting how I was when I initially learned about it. But, with some thought I sent this message to him to calm him down, and explain how it works (to our current knowledge anyway). Just thought I'd put this here too, and if it helps, cool. :p

"After a lot of thinking, I realize this isnt as big a deal as we are taking it. It was just a lot of shock. You can make the argument that this is similar to digimon, but it really isn't. (especially since Digimon was created after Pokemon in the first place). Besides, Digimon transform digitally, not with held items. It just reminds us of it because the pokemon so far revealed with mega forms, are mostly humanoid in body shape. Which is something Digimon is known to do a lot. But there have been humanoid shaped pokemon since Gen 1; nothing new. These "Evolutions" have occurred in Pokemon before, they have just been glamorized. Like how Giratina changes shape when holding certain items. Not all Pokemon will have a mega form. And the form is not permanent. It only occurs in battle, with the item held. So, in reality, this form is optional. All it does, is create some kind of stat or type boost in battle. That's it. It's not a 4th evolution, not really. Its a temporary boost. Pokemon X & Y's theme, is Genetics (X chromosome/ Y chromosome). There is still more we don't know about how the mega forms and how the theme ties together, but in the new trailer, you can see DNA strands above their heads when they turn into a mega form. The same dna strands you see in the Japanese Pokemon X & Y logo. Game Freak and Nintendo are not stupid enough to ruin their franchise. This is just a new form changing mechanism. Something that shows the advancement in the world of pokemon itself. Last generation, it was the Dream World. And now, pokemon scientists have discovered a way to temporarily release a new power in the pokemon using these stones. Let us learn more before jumping to conclusions. It'll be ok in the end. Pokemon has a way of doing that!"

Truth. This here is more Truth than the somewhat sadistic godlike being from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Truth tea. Unoriginality is a big problem. I mean I get that Gamefreak is a big company that thrives on getting ideas from other sources but they've bitten off more than they can chew with this mega evolution mechanic imo. I'm just glad the mega Pokemon are more like forms than actual evolutions. And I agree about Mega-Ampharos; I personally think it looks silly. That hair is over the top and not even in a good way in my humble and unbiased opinion. It looks like wacky fan art to me. It feels like I'm on DeviantART again. :x

... If I was a character designer for GameFreak and somebody told me that my characters looked like they came from DeviantArt, I'd take that as a compliment. There's some really good stuff there.

EonDragonFTW

... If I was a character designer for GameFreak and somebody told me that my characters looked like they came from DeviantArt, I'd take that as a compliment. There's some really good stuff there.

I dunno, that seems like a good and bad thing...

Naito

True. I don't know why people keep saying that there is only a bad stuff there (talkking about pokemon). I've seen tons of amazing looking fakemon there that really should have been in-game and they look just like Sugimori drew them. If we took all of the decent designs from DA and add them to the official dex, we would have thousands of pokemon by now.

Last edited:

EonDragonFTW

Aw man finally found someone with the same avatar...

Anyway, does Ampharos get a boost in Special Attack? Absol gets a boost in attack and speed, which is cool.

So far, Amphy doesn't get a boost, only a type change

EonDragonFTW

Just a suggestion, how about one of the mods put a poll on this page to find out which Mega Evolution is the favourite among Serebii forums?

Well, we all know which ones are gonna become Mega broken
(Mawile will be the bane of all Dragons, and HOW CAN YOU MAKE MEWTWO'S SPECIAL ATTACK HIGHER?)

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
PokéRetypes(Mega)

Charizard-Fire/Dragon
Blastoise-Water/Steel
Butterfree-Bug/Poison or Fairy
Clefable-Fairy/Psychic
Jynx-Ice/Fairy
Feralygatr-Water/Dark
Dunsparce-Dragon/Normal
Farfetch'd-Fighting/Flying
Sceptile-Grass/Fighting
Linoone-Normal/Electric
Mighteyna-Dark/Fairy(Werewolf)
Delcatty-Normal/Fairy
Volbeat-Bug/Fire
Illumise-Bug/Electric
Torkoal-Fire/Rock or Poison
Rampardos-Rock/Fighting(Dont know why they didn't do this originally)
Loppunny-Normal/Fighting
Mismagius-Ghost/Fairy
Carnivine-Grass/Bug
Lumineon-Water/Fairy
Yanmega-Bug/Dragon
Serperior-Grass/Dragon
Emboar-Fire/Poison
Samurott-Water/Rock
Basculin-Water/Fighting

shinykyurem0

charizard trainer
i like that absol and mawile get mega evolutions and all but won't that mean they won't get normal evolutions, because i think its only going to be be the final evolution in a evolution chain that will get a mega evolution so now they can't get real evolutions.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
i like that absol and mawile get mega evolutions and all but won't that mean they won't get normal evolutions, because i think its only going to be be the final evolution in a evolution chain that will get a mega evolution so now they can't get real evolutions.

Well this seems to be the case for this 6th gen (though there is no official proof for that until now). But it doesn't mean that this case won't change in the future gens.

Regality

Digital King
...do we even know if Megas will be usable for competitive battling?
I know they probably will, but hmm.

RioluEeveeZorua fan

Whilst I like Mega's, I am disappointed as I think that from now on there wont be any more older Pokémon just getting run of the mill evolutions, which sucks really badly. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.