• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

It belonged to a trainer, so they couldn't check.

It does seem like a lot of the Mega Stones are going to be available only in the postgame, though, considering the fact that every Elite 4 member plus the champion has one that isn't accessible at that point.

The question is just where. I'd be surprised if Aerodactylite is the only one that's found in breakable rocks, though.

greninjamaster

Hi everyone I'm new and I'm really excited for Y/X.

Not bummed about the 70 pokemon especially when you take into account the time that mega evolutions probably took on the team.

Well so far compiling the leak pages back these are the mega evos still need to be presented and accounted at least from the archive page. Which has so far been very accurate.

Pinsir
Jynx
Scizor
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Heracross
Medicham
Banette
Latias
Aggron
Latios
Swampert
Mew
Sableye
Kyogre
Groudon
Kecleon
Aggron
Minum
Plusle
Sceptile
Rayquaza

I am 100% certain none of the leakers will find the stones for the legendaries, I think Nintendo will wait to release those via events ala Torchic Mega Evo, same with Sceptile and Swampert perhaps.

These are from that list a couple pages back, these 22 have yet to be accounted for but since they're from the same list from all the already confirmed megas. With all the megas already confirmed that brings the total of "new" pokemon to well over 100.

This is why I'm getting the strategy guide the mega evos have made me want to find every one of them and that's probably something the strategy guide will offer.

The leakers are great but I'm very sure that they've definitely missed mega stones on the way to completing the game.

Rakurai

Scizor was stated to have a mega evolution that's used by one of the Elite Four.

Yet another mega for the "Totally didn't need it" list, and another that's from the trademark list.

greninjamaster

I'm new so I can't post links yet.

Scizors is found on that list, as is Gardevoir as well which was confirmed. Plus the E4 trainers based on the pokemon each of them had apparently a mega on their team.

I heard that Druddigon was rumored as a mega and that's a pokemon used by the E4.

I'm not sure if the Raichu and Arcanine rumor is true though, those are still speculation.

Idk if this has been covered, but MegaAmpharos has some RIDICULOUS Sp Atk. . .
At minimum, it is base 145. And his defenses about 95 each. . .

Destruction!

Gampi

ガンピ
Hi everyone I'm new and I'm really excited for Y/X.

Not bummed about the 70 pokemon especially when you take into account the time that mega evolutions probably took on the team.

Well so far compiling the leak pages back these are the mega evos still need to be presented and accounted at least from the archive page. Which has so far been very accurate.

[list removed because it makes this post unnecessarily long]

I am 100% certain none of the leakers will find the stones for the legendaries, I think Nintendo will wait to release those via events ala Torchic Mega Evo, same with Sceptile and Swampert perhaps.

These are from that list a couple pages back, these 22 have yet to be accounted for but since they're from the same list from all the already confirmed megas. With all the megas already confirmed that brings the total of "new" pokemon to well over 100.

This is why I'm getting the strategy guide the mega evos have made me want to find every one of them and that's probably something the strategy guide will offer.

The leakers are great but I'm very sure that they've definitely missed mega stones on the way to completing the game.
I doubt Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Plusle, and Minun will get Megas. Please be aware that the list of trademarks is a list of names trademarked for promotions, and it is plausible that most legendaries on that list are on there for reasons other than them receiving Megas, and that some Pokémon which weren't trademarked (like Garchomp) have recieved Megas. Although it is a useful list for determining which Pokémon are likely to recieve Megas, it shouldn't be taken as list of all Pokémon that will get Megas.

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
this all makes me wonder what gardevoirs stats will be in its mega form. i expect it to have an even better specialA and a bit special defense

Twisted Fantasy

Based on a Ign review of pokemon x and y on youtube with a picture of mega charizard x stats in it, I have deduced that its stats will be roughly 78 135 125 125 85 100 giving it a bst of 640s

I love it. Aura Breaker makes it a natural opposite to Xerneas/Yveltal. Looks to be drawing from an undead inspiration. Thinking maybe Ground/Dark for its type?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I love it. Aura Breaker makes it a natural opposite to Xerneas/Yveltal. Looks to be drawing from an undead inspiration. Thinking maybe Ground/Dark for its type?

Dragon/Ground, actually. ^^

And I bet the sequels, Pokémon ZX and ZY (or something like that) will have X and Y Megas for it for the cover, haha.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Oh wow, cool to see the Megas only get a symbol next to their names, and not the ridiculous Mewtwo Y naming or ******** like that.

After seeing a lot of the game, like the gym leaders, E4, Champion, and around 30 new pokemon that have yet to be officially revealed, I've decided my time to go offline is now. I don't want to plan any of my team, apart from Froakie, Bulbasaur, and Torchic, and as much as I love seeing the leaks and hearing a lot about the game (and Skrelp..), I just don't want to ruin the game, like know where everything is. I only know about (location-wise): Vaniville Town, Aquacorde (or something along those lines), Santalune Forest, Santalune City, Lumiouse and Shalour. Once I have the game in-hand I have a 30 minute journey home by bus, so that will be my only time to view anything else, and check these forums as well. So next Saturday, or if I get bored of waiting I'll be back.

6 days to go. It's been great talking and discussing with you guys. Thanks for the journey, I'm sure I'll battle some of you!

I remain hopeful for MegaSceptile, MegaMew, MegaGallade, MegaBisharp, MegaDeoxys, MegaScizor, and MegaGenesect!

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed with Mega Gardevoir's looks. I guess I was expecting something angelic; but apparently Takaru hit its basis right on the nose. Well played. XD

But it's not the fact that she's "girly" that doesn't resonate with me though--in fact, that why I like it so much...I just feel as if they could have done more than just slap a ballroom/wedding gown with some gloves on her (not to mention those awkward-looking chest spikes).

Definitely not a dealbreaker though; since I've been lobbying for Megavoir forever and I sure as hell got it. I'm sure her new stats are going to be something to behold...as long as they don't remove her Fairy typing like they did Gengar's Poison (an obvious tactic to pamper up Fairys this Gen).

Blaziken77

So a couple of quick questions.
1) How many mega stones have been found but not the Pokemon??
2) How many mega's will there be altogether???

Grey Wind

So a couple of quick questions.
1) How many mega stones have been found but not the Pokemon??
2) How many mega's will there be altogether???
Druddigon, Galvantula and Arcanine stones have supposedly been found, but there isn't any solid proof as far as I know. It's also likely that Chandelure and Scizor have megas.

We don't know the number yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.