• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I have a feeling that Mega Sabeleye, Mega Zoroark, Mega Machamp, Mega Hydreigon and Mega Gallade etc will debut in Pokemon Z with their exclusive 'nites. It's natural for Gamefreak to do this kind of thing to make a profit.

Rakurai

I'd like to hope they aren't planning on holding out until gen 7 to introduce gen 5 megas.

Since we're practically guaranteed to get a Z version and possibly a Ruby/Sapphire remake, those are perfect opportunities to introduce more megas. Plus, since the games can be patched now, they could easily be made to be compatible with X/Y, unlike the past new forms that were introduced.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Managed to snag Gyradosite, Scizorite, and Houndoominite today. I don't think I intend on messing with the clock. Others can and I can understand why but for me it would take away from the experience of finding the mega stones at a specific time

crobatman

Tyranitar does have a usable Sp.Atk stat so it's definitely not bad. Ice Beam and Fire Blast are common on Mixitar.
But a mix Tyranitar is usually Naive or Naughty I think..
See. If you can't get a Naive Pupitar, if not then just stick with what you have.

I knew they have mixitars, but what about the Mega Form? Does the mega stone boost Attack higher?

I kept looking, and finally caught an Adamant one though. I found the extras are good to use for GTS though!

shadowF

Do you guys think there will be a charizard Z?

Nickdaflick

How do you get the different evolution stones?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wow, I'm kinda looking foreward to Mega Evolve my Gardevoir after I trade something for a Ralts after I've beaten the game. Wow.. I don't really need it then...
Though, I still have Charizardnite Y, so I think I'll manage

jake279

Ice Master
With this game, then can reveal new megaevolutions as they go along as all the game data can't be hacked like past games. So there could be tonnes more megaevolutions installed into the game but they haven't revealed them or given access to their stones yet.

If the Torchic event hadn't been distributed and MegaBlaziken offically revealed, there'd be no way to know that it existed since the stone isn't available in game. I feel like they've done that with more pokemon too.

Personally I would like Mega... Kabutops, Zoroark, Fearow and Cacturne.

Kabutops - gains Sap Sipper to make it immune to grass type moves. looks taller and spikier on it's back.
Zoroark - gains a different ability than illusion, which is too gimmiky for my taste. Maybe huge power. Looks more werewolf like.
Fearow - changes to flying/dark type. Huge attack increase. New ability. Wingspan is way broader with spiky feathers, colour is now darker with black markings, beak is black and sharper, big black claws. Bring it up to parr with other flyers (pidgeot, staraptor etc.).
Cacturne - Huge speed and attack increase. New ability that raises speed. Looks taller and slimmer and spikier.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Are there any good counters for mega blaziken?

Ashrynn

I'm still hoping that they Mega-Evolve Pidgeot - About time the first Bird Pokemon got some love :)

Ashrynn

Azumarill is the only one that springs to mind, as it resists both of its STABs and can two hit KO it with Aqua Jet.
From the looks of things I imagine it'll be tossed into the Uber tier. Delphox resists it's STAB and Delphox can hit it with STAB Psychic/Psyshock as well. Not sure it'd be an optimal counter really.

Rakurai

Problem is that the thing is going to be running rampant in rated matches due to tiers being unofficial and all, so having a counter is going to be a necessity there.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
From the looks of things I imagine it'll be tossed into the Uber tier. Delphox resists it's STAB and Delphox can hit it with STAB Psychic/Psyshock as well. Not sure it'd be an optimal counter really.

Delphox and Azumarill do seem to be the safest bet, but then you can't safely switch them in, I imagine. Those defenses won't save them from taking heavy damage from a High Jump Kick at all. A Thick Fat Azumarill switching into a Flare Blitz would be the only truly reliable counter, out of those two. Revenge killing is always an option, though.

Rio!

Composer
I was hoping Mega Evolutions would be banned over Wi-Fi.

Pssht why would you want that? Makes it more interesting really, and all the more satisfying when you take one down. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.