• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slickest Controller

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't play many PC games but when I do I use this.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Keyboard and mouse. Or is that cheating?

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
The "slickest" (XD) Controller for me is probably the Xbox 360 Controller, I like how some versions of the control can have various different "skins" on it, like one could be scaly like dragon scales, and it makes your hands more "attached" to the controller considering how larger it is than other controllers. It's also useful for long session games like Gears of War 2 @_@ Your hands may sweat, but the controller will never fall. XD

Aurath8

Definitely 360. For the few times I got the chance to play one, it's been perfect. It just fills the hand, spreading out the weight of the controller across the palm rather than resting mostly on the fingers like most other controllers. Gamecube controller is also pretty good, but more irregular. That and the C-stick should've been a full analogue stick really.

Wiimote and nunchuk, for most games, sucks. Some did it very well: Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl and Skyward Sword for example, but it desperately needs more buttons and the classic controller wasn't very good because of the horrid postion of ZR/ZL. I've not tried the pro controller but hopefully they made it better to hold and use.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
For controllers, an Xbox 360's is my choice, and it's even been called the most comfortable controller by vote.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
I used to like the PS2 and 360 controllers best, but lately I've been loving the Wii U Pro controller. It's almost like it just feels more natural in my hands, and the buttons and control sticks feel fantastic and quite sturdy as well.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The PS2 is still my favorite. Little things about the veritable carbon copy PS3 controller just rub me the wrong way... and it's not just the Sixaxis controls, which made certain parts of the Ratchet and Clank Future games annoying as all heck.

PsychicPsycho

Something I was wondering about- do you guys prefer wired or wireless controllers? I like wired actually because 1) you don't have to change the batteries on it and 2) it says attached to your game so it won't get lost.
I think this would feel oh so comfy under the palm of your hand. I'm left handed, so I wouldn't be able to enjoy this.
Pretty interesting. However, it appears to be made by Madcatz, so I distrust it.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Well I guess I have to go with wireless since there are literally no consoles that come with wired controllers these days.

I actually preferred the wired controllers of old since there was none of that hassle of changing batteries all the time.

It's the Dualshock 3 for me. the shape just feels right to me, possibly because sony hasn't really changed the controller design much over the years, the Xbox360 controller feels too big and clunky to me.

Last edited:

Aurath8

The PS2 is still my favorite. Little things about the veritable carbon copy PS3 controller just rub me the wrong way... and it's not just the Sixaxis controls, which made certain parts of the Ratchet and Clank Future games annoying as all heck.

You know you could turn the sixaxis controls off in those games. It was only ever required to steer the tornado launcher or that shock ball launcher thing from Crack in Time whose name I always forget and while it's still clunky it is the only way to steer a tornado independently from the player.