• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 2013 Spring Friendly (Official Singles Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread)

Are you participating in this tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

old man

On Guard!!!
Dude you know that this tourny is Gen 5 pokes only!!!!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Dude you know that this tourny is Gen 5 pokes only!!!!
Actually it's Pokemon in the Black 2 and White 2 Pokedex. Things like Aron, Ditto, Metagross, Tyranitar, etc can enter because they are in it

old man

On Guard!!!
Actually it's Pokemon in the Black 2 and White 2 Pokedex. Things like Aron, Ditto, Metagross, Tyranitar, etc can enter because they are in it

Means I was looking at this ALL wrong..... Man 2 days to redo a team

Arande

Speaking of aron, I've been using a headsmash/automotize set for my aggron.The fear of metal burst to give me time to set up quite a bit often (thing was beautiful int he rotations toureny to set up on outrages and ice moves, 4-0'd a couple alone) not sure how it'll fare in singles. Question is should I actually pull the metal burst/custap set out w endaevour? Course then one could ask why not just troll with an aron.

2 days.

edit: bleh, fighting starts tomorrow and I realize I ahve a glaring weakness to landorus. Bleh.

Last edited:

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Okay, I'm about ready to go.

OT: Nate
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Master Division
Friend Code: 1249 6879 5631
Team: Whimsicott/Ditto/Accelgor/Jellicent/Weavile/Cobalion
Nicknames: None. I don't name my Pokémon.

Bleh...my next planned team was originally going to be a Ground-type team to reference Earth Day (due to my forgetting about it in the previous tourney), but since that's not really going to work here, I'll have to save it for the June International Challenge.

I have no idea how singles work competitively, so let's just see how this team does.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
This is a team that I patched up real quickly with only one day to spare. Even worse considering most of my standard Pokemon are not even in the New Unova Dex, requiring me to set up a new team very quickly. I have not yet understood the characteristics of my team yet.

OT: Drake
Trainer Sprite: Scientist
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: 2838 9377 2007
Team: Darmanitan, Vaporeon, Excadrill, Mamoswine, Hydreigon, Ferrothorn
Nicknames (in order): This time, I have no nicknames for any of them. I was intending to name Mamoswine after Dawn's Mamoswine, but stopped after realizing she didn't nickname her Mamoswine either.

I am still deciding between which is the last Pokemon to use. The idea is to have every base covered, with specific interest to Thunderus (specifically why I broke my routine of not using Ice-types in favor of Mamo). However, this would leave my team open to Water-types, especially bulky Water-types (Half the team, in fact). I could use Serperior/Ferrothorn, but both have a glaring Fire-type weakness that is not helped by the presence of Excadrill, which is also weak to fire (Thank Arceus for Thick Fat Mamoswines). If I decide to use Jolteon instead, I will end up with half the team with a cripping weakness to Ground-types. I just can't win here.

EDIT: I chose Ferrothorn as a counterbalance against Trick-Roomers and as an entry-hazard setter. Also to annoy the hell out of Water-type users.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Got my team prepared, but I'm actually thinking I should figure out a way to stop Aron (who may or may not actually be used due to Single battles) :p

Last edited:

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
Alright, here is mine before I forget.

OT: Axel
Trainer Sprite: PKMN Ranger
Age Division: Master Division
Friend Code: 1163 9089 5196
Team: Gliscor/Lucario/Whimsicott/Arcanine/Tyranitar/Haxorus (All shiny)
Nicknames: None.

MSK

Brilliant I can't register at the moment. Because I lost power during a random match up after the last tournament its still coming up with the Hour Ban message!!
I've saved and am leaving it for an hour then trying again, I really hope it is just a glitch because if I can't get in then I'm worried it's not going to let me participate in the UK VGC in June if it does the same thing!!! :(
Anybody else had this before? Could it be because I've changed the DS I'm using as well?

Joltik-Kid

Brilliant I can't register at the moment. Because I lost power during a random match up after the last tournament its still coming up with the Hour Ban message!!
I've saved and am leaving it for an hour then trying again, I really hope it is just a glitch because if I can't get in then I'm worried it's not going to let me participate in the UK VGC in June if it does the same thing!!! :(
Anybody else had this before? Could it be because I've changed the DS I'm using as well?
I've had that type of trouble switching the DS... it shouldn't be permanent and I'm almost certain it can't effect your VGC registration.

MSK

Managed to register but had to go back to the old DS. Once the hour had passed it let me in but said if I registered with this DS it would erase my Pal Pad, all Rating Match data for the current season and cancel my participation in this tournament!!! :(
Oh well just do this tournament then swap DS's ready for the VGC and the June International Challenge :)

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
Yes, won my first battle against a guy named RAFAEL from Guatamala. Luckily their Tyranitar and Lucario are weaker than my Tyranitar and Lucario. :)

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
So far I'm having a good run winning my first two battles. I nearly forgot I could start battling tonight, thinking I actually had to wait for the 17th to start participating.
Both Scrafty and Volcarona have sealed my victories I'm gonna keep on battling throughout the night.

Good Lucky everybody, an have fun :)

Stuart444

Hey all. I might fill out the form tomorrow if I get time but if anyone sees a 'David' or 'Hikari' from Scotland, UK and have Servine/Glaceon/Liepard/etc. That's probably us (me and my fiancee who I might get to post tomorrow lol).

Just incase anyone here sees us. :) hope everyone has fun with the spring friendly.

SeiyruKazohu

I can haz poffin?
OT: Michele
Trainer Sprite: Lass
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 3354-1906-8476
Team: Haxorus, Metagross, Terrakion, Gliscor, Lucario, Keldeo
Nicknames: Skaal, Steven, Mikail, Gliscer, Trounce, and Keldeo

Edit: Gah! My stupid internet derped and now I have to wait an hour before even registering my Pokemon!

Last edited:

Arande

Curious, how many people have seen endaevour aron/aggrons so far? or landorus for tha tmatter. Figrued if I change something to deal with the latter, i'd never see it. work tomorrow, but off saturday, so that'll be my main day to play. Jus finalizing my team tonight and probably play a bit tomorrow morning.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
Wow... was not allowed to register my Virizion :p Had to switch to Skill Link Cinccino. That actually pisses me off

... why? that makes no sense at all ._.
anyway i am ripping through with volcarona. its overheat is so op, and with psychic, bug buzz and substitute to finish the moves it just gets amazing coverage, and lives some draco meteors :D

kyurem-w is good as i expected, and so is terrakion. that is the 3 i almost always bring in xD

EDIT: 6 wins, 0 losses, 0 DCs
1570 ranking, hoping to hit 1620 by the time i go to bed.
oh and i understand why they call it stone miss now D:

Status
Not open for further replies.