• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zaide

Would affect like the vast majority of abilities I'd imagine (although a lot of them in quite obscure ways). Would be interesting to play with, although I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to communicate to the players what's actually going on if abilities start to get ignored. Why is my attack suddenly hitting my partner's Telepathy pokémon? Stuff like that.
Should have added that these would be moves executed on the Pokemon with that ability. I understand the confusion and should have specified that, since Mold Breaker indeed affects the whole field. So telepathy would be unaffected. In doubles, Rock Slide would still do 30% more to the ally - albeit the complication might be regarding the life orb recoil...

Abilities that would be affected would be : Adaptability, Aerilate, Analytic, Battery, Blaze, Flare Boost, Flash Fire (if activated), Galvanize, Guts, Huge Power, Hustle, Iron Fist, Liquid Voice, Long Reach, Mega Launcher, Merciless, Neuroforce, Normalize, Overgrow, Parental Bond, Pixilate, Poison Touch, Pure Power, Reckless, Refrigerate, Rivalry, Sand Force, Scrappy, Serene Grace, Sheer Force, Skill Link, Sniper, Stakeout, Steelworker, Strong Jaw, Super Luck, Swarm, Technician, Tinted Lens, Torrent, Tough Claws, Toxic Boost, Unaware, Water Bubble (only for the increased water damage dealt). 44

I'm not sure how it would work for the following abilities because they don't directly affect damage or secondary effects or they affect the field rather that the bearer. I assume most would be unaffected though : Compound Eye, Corrosion, Dark Aura, Fairy Aura, Flower gift, Gale Wings, Heavy Metal, Infiltrator, Light Metal, Magician, No Guard, Prankster, Rock Head, Solar Power, Triage, Victory Star.

That's 44 abilities affected, with 16 "uncertain". For comparison, Mold Breaker affects 64 or so abilities.

I do like the idea of an ability like that, I just think it be too complicated and be to involved to actually program into the game.

What about instead it causes all positive stat changes or buffs to be reversed. It wouldn't affect all abilities just the ones that benefit the other side of the battlefield (or perhaps both for possible balance sake?)
What you propose is a completely different thing.
And honestly, having experience in programming, it wouldn't actually be complicated to program into the game. No idea how they program things obviously, but it could simply be one or two added "if/else" condition(s), or flags.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Wonder armor: super effective hits cannot land on this pokemon
( basically a reverse Shedinja ability )

Shining armor: if the pokemon is at full HP the first attack that this pokemon deals to it's opponent increases in strength by 50%

Elitist: if the pokemon has less HP than it's opponent all this pokemon's moves become priority attacks,but lose 20% of their strength.

Loner: if this pokemon is the last pokemon on your team it's attacks deal 25% more damage
( the rest HAS to be ko'd )

Focus point: doubles speed when inflicted with a status condition ( including paralysis )

Dizzy prancing: immunity to confusion ( including self inflicted )

Unknowing: full immunity to ALL status conditions ( including confusion and infatuation, and such )

Steam engine: increases speed when hit by a fire move ( basically motor drive for fire types )

Double edged: can not be hit by multi-hit attacks.

Camouflage: gains immunity to the strongest attack of the opponent ( if 2 or more moves have the same base power, the move that would deal the most damage due to type effectiveness would be negated, if 2 or more moves would still deal the same amount of damage, than both will be negated )

( i was thinking of just making 1 be negated but that would be to mush of a gamble )

i thought these would be pretty neat.
This list is pretty impressive, I wouldn’t be surprised if similar abilities make it into the new game.

Ultra Beast Lover

Psychic Shield-All psychic attacks are drawn to the Pokemon and negated. Also allows one to have a better time finding Psychic types.

PrimalPalkia

I made a few up when I posted some Zangoose & Seviper branched evo ideas in another forum.

Zangoose can have two evos:
- Level up at max happiness: Seasoned - For attacking purposes, this Pokemon is a Fighting type (so Fighting STAB without the weaknesses) and take 25% less damage from Fighting type moves.
- Level up while poisoned Vs Seviper/its evos: On the Edge - All stats bar HP are raised by 1 stage when health reaches 30%, or when fighting Seviper/its evos. Can trigger twice if Seviper/its evos take health to 30%.

Seviper's two evos:
- Level up at max happiness: Liquid Ooze - Now causes all Water type moves to have a 10% chance of badly poisoning Pokemon; ignored against Steel and Poison types. Also retains its old effect. (This evo turns into a Poison/Water type, water viper kind of thing).
- Defeat Zangoose/its evos with a Dragon Scale equipped: Degradation - When this Pokemon is in play, all other Pokemon in battle take aura damage equal to 8% of their max health every turn, and 10% if they make contact with the holder of this ability.
Cancels passive recovery like Leftovers/Aqua Ring etc
Magic Guard users are not affected by this ability.
The holder of this ability takes 25% more damage from Super Effective moves.

Some others I thought would be cool/need buffs:
Splinters - Super Effective moves against this Pokemon return 1/4 of the damage dealt to the attacker.
Predatory - Super Effective moves deal 20% more damage.
Relentless - Every turn, this Pokemon moves will deal 10% more damage, up to a max of 100%. Non-attacking moves and switching resets this bonus.
Royal Guard - This Pokemon takes no damage from entry hazards or weather and reduces all damage by 25%. Vespiquen exclusive. Pls GF buff this Poke

Water Veil - Now has the effects of Water Bubble.
Aftermath - Now triggers regardless of how the holder was KO'd.
Air Lock - Now actually removes weather.
Shell Armor/Battle Armor - Prevents critical hits and physical damage is reduced by 20%.
Run Away - Cannot be trapped by any means.
Leaf Guard - Now also ignores the boost from sun that Fire moves get.
Color Change - This Pokemon becomes a resisted type of the move it has previously been hit with, at random. It also takes 20% less damage from all direct damage.

that royal guard ability.
i'd like to see that on EVERY pokemon that has either king, queen, or don in the name.
such as Donphan, Bastiodon, Kingdra, Seaking, Nidoqueen, and Vespiquen.

( also Rhydon, and possible other pokemon that are either first, or middle evolution stages will have the royal guard ability since they have king, queen, or don in their name. )

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
An ability that lets the Pokèmon avoid recharge time for moves like Hyper Beam if it KOs the opponent

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
More Hail activated abilities would be nice. It would give Ice types a reason to actually use Hail in battle.

A counter part to Solar Power or Sand Force would be nice in addition to some unique ones.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Just got a new ability confirmed. This ability is called Pastel Veil and it appears to be exclusive to Galarian Ponyta. This ability protects itself and allies from being poisoned and cures any allies of poisoning upon switch in.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
since Inverse Battles are so niche, being restricted to one trainer in XY/ORAS and special battle competitions, it would be cool to see a new ability that inverts the type matchup as long as the Pokémon with that ability is in battle. this could work nicely if given to a Pokémon with a bad typing

edit: I think it would work better as a held item, because an ability that makes a bad typing good is a waste of ability slot since we have Pokémon with great typings and no ability needed for that

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think an ability that ignores Type specific immunities would be cool. Think of Salazzle’s Corrosion but for all Types: paralyzing Electric Types, burning Fire Types etc

Marzbar

Illuminate obviously needs a buff. How about it automatically makes all opponent’s attacks redirect to the Pokémon with the Illuminate ability in double /multi battles, as if the Pokémon had used Follow Me?

Would be great in VGC

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Illuminate obviously needs a buff. How about it automatically makes all opponent’s attacks redirect to the Pokémon with the Illuminate ability in double /multi battles, as if the Pokémon had used Follow Me?

Would be great in VGC
I’d rather see Illuminate work like Flash and drop evasiveness when the user is hit by any Physical contact move. Accuracy is incredibly hard to increase and restore in battle and Illuminate could become a game changer.