• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AP Classes

I'm smart, but I'd hate to be placed in an AP class. Just more work. -___-

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I am currently in an A-B AP World Class (meaning I go to AP World one day and advanced Lit the next) and I'll be taking AP Computer Science next semester. World isn't all that difficult, granted I'm at a low "A" without even trying in pretty much everything, but it depends on the teacher. My school's AP world teacher is fantastic largely because almost all he teaches is AP. Computer Science is probably going to be a pain seeing how I currently have that teacher for math and quite frankly she sucks at it.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Keep in mind that an AP class is supposed to be at the difficulty of a college-level class. College classes in theory focus on processing information instead of regurgitating it on a test.

I'll post more on my AP experience later

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
AP English is pretty tough :< Im very much afraid of the teacher, so I do my best to not cross her wrath, but usually shes very nice. We have alot of essays though.

AP Us History is fairly manageable, not a horrible amount of workload, is a bit challenging.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Keep in mind that an AP class is supposed to be at the difficulty of a college-level class. College classes in theory focus on processing information instead of regurgitating it on a test.

This. In World, we have multiple choice tests, but the biggest parts of the class are the essays. Probably in preparation for the AP test, although I can't be sure about this since I haven't taken one yet.

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
The only AP class Im attending is Geography. The class is pretty easy, but the map tests are just annoyingly hard. You have to remember the names of EVERY country of the class continent of the month and label the names. You also have to remember the little cites and capitals of the country and label them too.

Ioneos

old geezer
My middle school only offers from 7th grade math to 10th grade geometry in terms of AP. But our High School has pretty much every AP class you could think of. AP classes are basically free tuition you don't have to pay in College, or the ability to take only 1 class per semester and still get more than the standard classes.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
kaiser soze said:

I'll post more on my AP experience later

In theory. In actuality, college courses typically are based primarily, if not exclusively, on tests. Or sizable papers. It makes sense, considering that each professor will usually have well over a hundred students every semester, and can't be bothered to assign and grade menial daily/weekly homework assignments that only serve to grade-pad. Not to mention, if you can recall everything from a year's worth of class on a single test at the end, chances are that you understand the material, and didn't get by just memorizing answers.

Oh, and I just answered my own question from earlier, about why anyone would take AP classes, but not tests: that weighted GPA grade-padding. I feel silly for forgetting that.

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
AP Government is a joke. I usually spend half the class on Angry Birds before having to *learn* during a lecture.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I'm taking AP English the semester after the next, but I think I'm going to regret it.

There are so many inside jokes in regular English and the teacher their (my Yearbook teacher) is awesome... plus the writing assignment on your life/summer thing sounds totall fun.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I'm in AP US History. It's so interesting and informative, the teacher's fun, but the class gets boring. Huge test in there tomorrow. Studied the entire list of things to study off a 2-page guide for a couple of hours. Hopefully I'll ace it. Wish me luck! :D

??????

That guy.
I love AP.

I took AP classes my Junior and Senior year in High School. Thanks to them, I am now entering college as a Sophomore instead of a Freshman. Anyone who doesn't see the potential in AP classes need to simply look at the money they're saving. Sadly, most high school kids don't think about this until Senior year. Challenge yourself, AP classes offer college credit, and you get smarter. Regular classes make you inferior and unprepared for college.

Thing is, I passes 6/8 of my tests. I took Comp Sci, Music Theory, AP US Hist, and English my Junior year and passes all of them. I took Calculus, English II, US Govt., and AP Environmental Sci Senior year, and failed Calculus and English.

In addition to that, I have Dual Credit, a program offered through a local community college where I earned both High School and College credit at the same time, without any tests. Easier than AP classes.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I'm in an AP class and its not so different from a regular class just more work and less people. Half the class time is spent on us calling each other nerds ._.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I'm going to try and take as many AP classes as possible because I know a lot of people who have saved years and money in college by getting college credit from these classes.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
So far, my first AP class has been pretty much just the same thing I do every year. I still hardly do any studying for tests and I almost have an A. Then again, I actually do my homework unlike most other people in class...

Peter Quill

star-lord
My school only offers two AP courses,AP Calculus and AP Literature. It might be called AP English, unforunately I can't remember right now. You can only really take both in your grade 12 year.

I'm still debating AP Calculus. I really want to take AP English because I love the teacher, my marks are high enough in English and it's a full year course of analyzing books and stuff. English is probably my favorite class so it sounds like a lot of fun. As long as I don't screw things up this year I should be able to grab a seat.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Stop bragging and tell those people AP classes really aren't that difficult.

When you reflect on your freshmen year of college and find that there was almost no transition in difficulty because of the workload and depth of AP classes?

...Schools, teachers, and resources, vary, sure, but...

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Stop bragging and tell those people AP classes really aren't that difficult.

And I'm going to guess most kids at your school wear their pants hanging to the floor and txlk lyk dizzz, because your school's AP classes are most likely the equivalent to a normal school's regular courses.

In case you can't take a hint, what I'm trying to get across is you're an uneducated twit with shitty narrow views on the world. 'AMERIKA FUKK YEH WE DONT NEED NO EDUCASHUN WE DA B3ST'

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
And I'm going to guess most kids at your school wear their pants hanging to the floor and txlk lyk dizzz, because your school's AP classes are most likely the equivalent to a normal school's regular courses.

In case you can't take a hint, what I'm trying to get across is you're an uneducated twit with shitty narrow views on the world. 'AMERIKA FUKK YEH WE DONT NEED NO EDUCASHUN WE DA B3ST'

Why would you think that? Also, people at my school don't wear baggy clothes, we have a dress code.