• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bye.........

dark rift

inb4noonecareslololol

No, I'm not leaving yet. I've got too much free time to waste.

So.
How often have you moved, and how do you cope with it? This also applies to friends moving.

I'm growing bored of making new friends after moving 10 times in my life, but it gives you the experience of making friends. Also, I find it rather annoying to get to know an area all over again after moving after you get used to somewhere. Plus it goes the reverse way sometimes, because you get to know someone well and make a good friend out of them before they move. Facebook (even though it's about as addictive and boring as this place) is to keep in touch with the friends that aren't near/have moved I guess. Too bad you have to remember last names.

So, have any of you lot had any of these experiences, or something similar?

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I only moved once and inside the same side of the city. Yes, I've had friends that moved it is saddening. No point in dwelling on the past.

Zazie

So 1991
I moved quite a bit when I was a child. When I was younger it was no problem but after elementary school I never coped very well. Rather than attempting to make new friends I would stay cold and aloof and even if I managed to warm up to the people around me I would end up having to move again. Fortunatley I only moved 3 times after elementary school and the first time I wasn't even there for a year, so I didn't have to deal with it too often but moving halfway through high school sucks.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
When my one of my friends moved, it was saddening because he was moving like 5 hours away.

when i moved as a kid, i cried because i though i would lose my dog.

hehehehehe

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I've moved.... 4 times (5 if you count going to College). Twice was before I was 2 though, and after that it was all in the same 3 mile radius, so I'm not completely up with having to cope with the reality of moving far away. College was really nice about learning how to deal with it, though I will have these friends for the next 4 years. As a kid once said to me though at a party, "You make new friends every day!". Sure, Fight Club's philosophy of Single Serving friends might ring true, but you never know who's going to become your best bro or someone who you'll never see again.

Moved back and forth from Florida to California about 5 times, then from California to North Carolina after 8 years, then after two years in NC I moved back to Florida. I tend to take a longer time making friends now, because my mom is always wanting to move.

I've moved five times in my life. Every time to a completely different place.

It's not a really big problem since I hate almost every place where I've lived. But I'm happy at the place where I live now (less sucky people here).

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i life in the very home i was born on the dutch countryside, the good thing here is that i'm not in the middle of nowhere but not in the middle of a city aswell. the only thing that bugs me lately is that a few A-social people illigaly dump trash in our neighbourhood, plastic bags with filth, wheeltires, benches, we even had a complete caravan dumped once._.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
I only moved once when i was 2.I dont remember what was my felt about it because i was too young to even understand what does move mean.If fact,the only thing i really cared about at the time was watching TV (this was when pokemon first debuted).

SmartD

I've moved two times (from Florida to Georgia the first time, and from one neighborhood to another one the second time). I was very young at the time, so it didn't matter to me much.

I've moved around 10 times, I can't be bothered making an exact count. During my last major move I didn't really bother much with friends since I knew I was only there for a year. =/

Riversong

Buggy down.
I've only moved twice; the first time was within my first week of being born, so I don't remember it (and we only moved to the next town over). The second, and so far last time was around November, and I was in first grade. We stayed within the county again. So i've been at this house for...just over ten years now. Lived in Michigan all my life.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I've never moved.

FU for destroying my dreams of this being a serebiicide thread.

Mars Girl

OOH WATERMELON BRB!!
I moved like 4 times so far. I was born in Phoenix, lived there for 5 years. Then I moved to New Mexico for all of elementary school. I moved to NC and stayed there until Christmas vacation of my 9th grade year... went to Virginia after that for a year and a half, and now I'm in Texas! I've been here for a year and a half so far.

I was supposed to move to Virginia over Christmas break, but my dad's military orders changed so we ended up staying after all. :] I dunno if I'll ever have to move again due to military stuff since I'll be going to college so yeah. But after college, I plan on moving away from Texas, hopefully.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
I've moved more than ten times during my life, though always somewhere within the boundaries of the state of New York.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I've lived in the same town my whole life, but when I first went away to boarding school it was a move, then when I first went to college, then when I lived with my boyfriend at the time for the summer, then when I transferred to another university. So it's a mixed answer