1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Goreky, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. No...

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eternal_Blaze

Eternal_Blaze <- FTW !

As I can read here, some of you just don't want a Light type because they still don't know which of the actual Pkmn would get the new type..? C'mon.. What have the creators done with the new typing in G/S ?? Yup, they invented some new Pkmn ! Of course they added some evolutions to some older Pokémon (Scyther, Onix) and they also added Steel to Magnemite/ton but they also created new Pokémon to fill Dark n' Steel's lineup. Why can't they do the same thing for 5th Gen?

That idea of Solrock having Light type is crap, I admit it. It doesn't need it. But what about adding Light to the Ampharos family? What about creating some new Pkmn for Light's lineup?.. Gotta be open-minded. If you stick to the idea of that straight-forwarded game that Pokémon is, it will never change! As for me, I want something new to these games! Perhaps the new type isn't the best solution, but still it would "spice" things up a bit and all of us would have to re-think strategies and develop new teams..

2. Tokens

Tokens Member

Normally, when there is a established order, from the beginning the creators will keep within those bounderies that they established in the beginning. Can we agree with that? Well if you do, pokemon started off magical. And though based off of real world concepts continued to get more magical. Now, working this logic you established, with the real world counterparts and stuff. Could you explain to me Ninetails? Not only obviously based off of myth, but specifically stated to be based off of myth, magic if you will.

Now, please also consider, do mystics, in several different religions and continents not exist? Do you think they might want to consider basing pokemon off of these ideas and ideologies? We don't need to be specific, there are hundreds of examples of mystical ideas they could use comparible to the real world.

I know you mentioned the ghosts, but don't you think that it is interesting the very blunt use of magic in Mismagius? Or how about the dragon type pokemon, also clearly based off of myth? I mean, their are just so many examples!

Look, if you don't want Light types, that all fine. But could we not justify that with silly examples of poorly thought through ideas? This is pokemon we are talking about here! Does that register with some of you?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

I don't see the point of "Light" type Pokemon. It would be weird if they were to introduce "Light" type, and it would also cause unnecessary problems.

There are Normal and Psychic types which you can consider as good (I'm assuming that was the whole point of yours to introduce Light type in the first place) as opposed to Dark/Evil

4. ZachAttackk

ZachAttackk curselax pwn

now that is a good idea for poor volbeat and illumise

5. dragoniteKnight

dragoniteKnight Pose as a team

you cant see lasers unless its path is interferred by something such as a wall, water droplets, etc.

6. Rentorra

Rentorra Active Member

There would just be a lot more other issues in balancing if Light-type was introduced. Plus, if they WERE to add a Light-type, they'd have to add some more Types to balance out Light. It's really just complicated and very unnecessary.

7. jjag20

jjag20 Well-Known Member

it creates more problems than people realize they would have to COMPLETELY revamp the type effectiveness system which would take forever and rewrite evs i mean theres a list of the negatives the far outnumber the positive effects of light type so in the long run NO

8. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

I like those Volbeat Illumise things (thought of them independently too).

I never said there was anything wrong with their typing, either. I'm just saying that anglerfish don't actually use electricity and eels do.
    Same goes for flashlights. Do you even know what laser stands for?

9. Tokens

Tokens Member

Ummm... dark...? Its not like they need twenty weaknesses...
    Besides, don't you think if the game comes out and thier is a light type, they might have already solved that problem instead of releasing an uncompleted game to the West?

You act like those TWO reasons that you decided to use instead of the this "list" that you mentioned are good enough reasons. Now, for the TWO reasons that you mentioned, TYPE EFFECTIVENESS- Do you really think that would be that complicated for the professional Pokemon team to come up with a list of strengths and weaknesses? Really? Would it be difficult for YOU to come up with a list of strengths and weaknesses?
    And EVs, really? Don't you think if they have created this "light" type for the games that are coming out as of RELATIVELY SOON that would have already gone through that process? Do you think that these people don't know how to do their jobs. What about NEW GENERATION do you people not understand? Do you think they just went to the drawing board and scribbled some ideas down and tried to sell it as a valid generation to the ignorant us? Are we that stupid? Really people!?!
    Ooooh let me stop typing before I say something overly ridiculous. Either I'm stupid or some of you guys are. What am I not understanding!

I think I am letting this get to me too much...

10. TehGr81

TehGr81 College graduate

A light type? That sounds weird.

11. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

I cant speak for everyone but I think most of us just think that adding a Light type is unnecessary. If you look at it, there are types that could be considered to be similar to Light. Yeah, they did add 2 new types in gen 2 but it is (coming on) 3 gens later and through gen 4 there hasnt been any new types. I know they could add a new type at any time they want but it makes you wonder why they would wait this long to add a new type.

I, personally, wouldnt care if they added a Light type because that wouldnt stop me from playing Pokemon, but I would believe that it was never necessary.

12. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret Don't look here.

Oh ffs the Light type is psychic obviously. Dark destroys psychic. Bugs have an advantage against psychic. ehat the previous poster who quoted me said describes it all :)

13. Sonic527

Sonic527 Speed fanatic

If you want to get technical fighting is seen as the light type for they fight fair, or for good, thus why they can beat dark and thus why we don't need a light type. If they make a new type it has to be like normal and not be super effective against anything.

14. Tokens

Tokens Member

I think this is the last time I will post here. It is making me a bit sick...

It seems kind of simple to me. And this is simply wrong. Psychic is obviously Psychic. Psychic is weak against dark, I think that light would not be. Psychic is weak against bugs too! Amazing right? Yay! were smart on this forum! lawl...

Again, people... if you want to get technical fighting type is seen as the fighting type. But on second thought, that would be silly wouldn't it. I see it now fighting type is not like fighting type, fighting type is actually poop type, because they **** on all the competition, right? Am I right? Let me stop being an ******* now and be productive.

Now, let me address your second silly statement. Light would not in fact be like normal type. It would be like light type. It would be powerful against dark type, obviously. Now lets brainstorm, what else could "light" type possibly be strong against? Maybe water? Doesn't prolonged exposure to the uv's in light help evaporate water? Maybe not. Maybe my science is a bit silly. But it could be at least supereffective against one type right? Dark?

15. WarriorX

WarriorX Active Member

I hope there will be a Light type because it would be epic, and screw backward trading problems! I see no reason not to implement one..

16. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

Give me a logical reason why we would need a light type? all 17 types are quite evenly balanced among themselves, the only reason we have a DARK type is to lessen the impact te Psychic type had on the game, they were immune to ghosts, only weak to bug, and twineedle/pin missle? was your only option back then for a SE hit.

besides fans thinking 'Derp there must be a light type becuase there's a dark type', there is no solid ground for adding a light type.

I swear every generation since the dark type was introduced, there's been butthurt fans bawing about a light type, obviously gamefreak doesn't care (especially becuase the dark type is referring to the unethic style of fighting, rabbit punches and the lot), noble fighters always prevail over those who try to cheat, but cheaters often get around those who let logic dictate (Dark pwnz Psychic)

If any person supporting a light type can give me 10 Legitamate reasons for a Light type I will give them a full body Chuck Norris Sprite. (Reasons such as 'becuase 'insert thing' can work as one' and 'becuase it's awsme', and 'to counter the Dar type' will be disregarded.

17. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

Because you touch yourself at night.

But seriously, people hate the notion of a light type because it's unnessicary. The only reason Steel and Dark were brought about in the second generation was to balance things out and take rule from the psychics, which, as we all know, were waaaaay too overpowered in the first gen. Like, unfairly so.

I am so damned tired of this whole Light type speculatation that I could scream. People with notions like "D3RP! Solrock looks liek t3h sun, so it shood b a light type!!!one!" And "Deres gotta b a light type bcuas ther iz a dark type! Gl33p!!!!21!!two!" Really, it's getting annoying.

Any way, that's my two cents.

~Nemmeh ;107; *hopes she won't get infracted over the first statement, but I just couldn't resist*

18. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

nah, you pretty much summed up my post, and I received no infractions.

19. Tokens

Tokens Member

Whoo... I must be crazy. I keep on responding in this thread, I guess that I cant help myself. Sad really...

K my simple poke-peers! Allow me to entertain silliness.

So
    1) Having Light type will show growth in plot
    2) Will show expansion and discovery within gameplay. (They add something new in each new gen. right? I know I am.)
    3) Will open new avenues for pokemon creation.
    4) Will help expand fandom with the more simple minded players
    5) Will make the game more interesting for vetern players. I think you would be lying if you said it wouldn't
    6) It may help alot of the lazy poke-fans be a little less lazy. Goodness! press buttons on a game! dont be so barbaric!
    7) Will open more room for revenue and sales in pokemon merchandise. duh.
    8) Will open more places for the television show to go (We have already established pokemon come from different realms and outer space and travel in time. How about a realm of light pokemon. A weak example, but this is all off the top of my head.)
    9) Becuase it would simply be refreshing to have something totally new. It was really great when they added dark type. Really fun and exciting.
    10) Because maybe thier is some aspect of the proposed "light" type that could be really revolutionary. People keep on saying **** like "it would be wierd" and " I dont want to do extra work when I trade" and whining like they would be doing the work or something. What if their is something that we are not thinking about and it would be totally the ****?

anyways, thier was not much thought put into this, I just did. It does not matter if they are satisfactory. I dont want a silly Chuck Norris sprite. Thanks. You guys are depressing. No fun. Very closed minded. Blah.

And let me leave you guys this morning with this. Thier is so so so much solid ground for installing light type. Simplest reason being that it would add another beautiful facet to the rough diamond that is Pokemon. Poetic right? It is probably not happening anyway, but if they did it (which they could, considering they are creating the new game, the new pokemon, and everything else new. And you may be shocked, but you're not) what would you do? Cry. Good luck. imma be interested, excited even. A new type! Wow what could they have possibly came up with to pull this off! bla bla bla.

20. thomas477

thomas477 Johto Trainer

Responses in bold. Oh and for those supporting "light" answer me three questions:

1) What do you mean by light? As in the waves emitted by objects such as stars, which we see as colours in the visual specrum i.e. Solrock? Or as in Holy, such as Arceus (normal) and Ho-Oh (Fire/Flying)? Or something else intirely

2) How would it fit in? I mean in the type chart? Who would it be strong/weak/neutral vs?

2) Wouldn't they have added a "light type" when they introduced Dark, over 11 years ago?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.