• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never try to get every Pokemon in whatever Pokemon game I play, so if they want to keep adding more new Pokemon, they're welcome to do so. The more we have, the more possibilities for teams we'll have.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
saddest thing in pokemon? drifloons number of weaknesses

BCVM22

However, I can't honestly say a Pokemon like Shaymin whose Sky and Land Formes are more different than 'seperate' spectes such as Plusle/Minun, Latios/Latias, etc are not different Pokemon.

"Honestly say" whatever you like. As the Pokédex goes - the final arbiter on the matter, I would think - different formes are not distinctly seperate Pokémon.

For me, it's already pretty difficult to obtain ALL of the Pokemon. Having 1000 like the OP said would either be easier or harder.

PkMn Trainer Xavier

I don't know anyone who will collect all Pokemon legitly and these new numbers aren't going to entice anyone to start.

BUT, I love that they're a lot of Pokemon. It increases the universe around them. The more Pokemon, the more vast the world seems. I'd like them to keep going, especially if they do it correctly like in B/W where the region ONLY had those new Pokemon Pre-National Dex

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
I just ran some (curious but possibly bogus) calculations, and at the rate that new Pokémon are being made, by the time most of us were 100 years old, there would be over 4,000 of them.

(Assuming that "you-know-what" didn't happen, obviously.)

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
The song "Emotion." It brings back memories of my first pokemon...

I cried.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Mewtwo's back story, there isn't much sad stuff in pokemon. It's pretty happy.

McNugget

The Bassist
It's even sadder because the only reason it's there is because they tore down the actual cemetary.
To build a radio tower.
Thank God I'm not the only one who noticed that!!!
ByeBye Butterfree made me tear up because I like Butterfree so to not see it as a main pokemon made me sad.
Pikachu says goodbye was sad but you know....Pikachu was probably chilling w/ it's peeps so I didn't feel that sorry, And in Movie3 The pichu Bros. saying goodbye made me sad for whatever reason.

yeminied

I don't think the number of Pokémon is too large. If you complete the PokéDex once every gen then you only have to catch all the new Pokémon.

For example I could transfer all the unobtainable Pokémon in Black from my Platinum with a complete PokéDex. Sure it would take some time, it took me a couple of months in Platinum with some dedication but it is by no means unachievable.

The way I see it, the more Pokémon there are the harder the PokéDex is to complete and therefore the greater the reward of completing it.

But I sometimes think to myself, when do they stop. There has to be a point where they just can't continue Pokémon. I can't imagine this happening any time in the near future but still eventually they're going to have to call it quits.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I actually like the number. A large variety of Pokemon to choose from, you know?

And I wouldn't mind if they kept making more. They're not really doing so bad in the new Pokemon department. I can see why people say 150, 251 or even 3rd gen should have been the last, but really, these new Pokemon are pretty good. They just have to give it a chance, and just go with it.

fhqwhgads

As for the topic, the number's fine. It has to increase with each new game, and you can't ask for just a few new ones, because that's boring. You know what happens when we have too few new ones?

YOU GET NO FIRE TYPES BEYOND PONYTA AND CHIMCHAR.

What they need to do is update old base stats. Fifth gen especially, with its near-standard 108 Speed, completely drops things before it due to nothing other than the generation in which they were made.

I'd just wish they'd lower the number of legendary creatures that come out each gen. 10 is too many hell we only had 5 the first gen the birds mew, mewtwo. There are just so many legends it doesn't feel very legend.

BCVM22

"Too many" is subjective, as is "doesn't feel very legend", which means nothing. There are as many as there are.

"Too many" is subjective, as is "doesn't feel very legend", which means nothing. There are as many as there are.

Fine its a subjective statement as some people may want more legendary pokemon. But still acting like any opinion has no bearing doesn't make your thought process to subject my thinking any less subjective and hear there is a loop hole in arguing biased thinking regardless of how pacifist you may take your statement to be.

Edit: I'm only attacking you slightly cause you seem to like to jump on any subjective thinking process of others and honestly that's not how debated and discussion should work. Two ideas should be present regardless of flaws and spoken out with facts, the fact is there have been many more legendary pokemon spawning immediately since the start. That is fact enough for my statement.

Last edited:

Brave Bird

Chatot Fan
They shouldn't stop making pokemons. No limits in my opinion, as long as they are creative, fit with the environment, they can make them out of anything just not stop at a specific number, the more pokemons the better.

deathCANNON

GETSUGA.....TENSHO!!
Hi everyone~! :3 I actually have no complaints about the number of pokemon.
The more the better i always say!
But seriously I do, however, have a complaint with the awful new pokemon in black/white. I swear to Arceus, only 9 pokemon were deemed worthy to me in that whole entire pokedex.
What is up with the designers???? what happened to the good ol dex? such as red/blue/green/yellow and gold/silver??? ruby/emerald/diamond/pearl were so so as well. anything after that is sooooooo.....well....rubbish to me!
Thanks but no thanks,,,ill skip black/white entirely until you ppl plz go back to the roots and stop making ugly zigzaggy pokemon k? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.