• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the rate of which new pokemon are being made are just fine I think - I mean, pokemon already can feel a bit of 'been there, done that', and quite a bit more than other gaming series, and it would feel a LOT worse like that if they stopped making new pokemon but continued to make new games

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
They should keep making more.

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
Honestly I think Pokemon should come to a stop now. I dont know why they keep going.
If you ask me, 3rd gen was enough. Also, you can tell they're running out of ideas.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Also, you can tell they're running out of ideas.

I really don't know why people say this... how are they running out of ideas when they keep introducing so many new ideas every generation? It makes no sense. :586:

BlazingCold

I love all pokes :D. Who doesn't you ask?

Cynder

Yup, 'tis me!
If you ask me, there can't be enough pokemon. They just get more interesting; and in most ways better. I know people hate pokemon like trubbish and garbodor, but they're definitely better than muk and grimer. As is swoobat>golbat, Zoroark>Lucario... The list goes on. Put it this way, I definitely think that the 5th generation is the best so far, followed by the 3rd gen, 2nd gen, 1st gen and the worst one of all; the 4th generation. Seriously, the new pokemon are what keep people coming back for more. ~200 pokemon over 13 years would just be stupid and repetitive; and Nintendo would lose lots of fans.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Honestly I think Pokemon should come to a stop now. I dont know why they keep going.
If you ask me, 3rd gen was enough. Also, you can tell they're running out of ideas.

Money, dear boy.
Plus, there are hundreds of creatures and legends out there just waiting to be turned into pokémon.
Thirdly, they keep hiring new artists with different ideas, so Game Freak will never truly "run out of ideas"

I can already imagine 1000 pokémon in gen IX (Generation 9).
Which is in 16 years, if we go by the current trend of adding a new generation every 4 years.

And yes, I am suggesting that we'll get to 2000 pokémon in 32 years, which will be around gen XVIII (Generation 18).

2000 pokémon every 16 years x 5 = 10,000 pokémon 80 years from now.
Which will be Generation 90.

(If you see something wrong in my calculations, don't hesitate to tell me :))

Last edited:

BCVM22

Putting aside the fact that you "not knowing why they keep going" has a whole bunch of problems as a statement in and of itself, oh yeah, big mystery as to why a moneymaking franchise is still going.

If you ask me, 3rd gen was enough.

You do know the danger inherent to including "if you ask me" in any statement, right?

Also, you can tell they're running out of ideas.

Uh huh.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Oh, I thought it would.....
Gen 7 should be a concluding Gen.

Did you see my previous post about GameFreak hiring more artists with lots of different ideas to design more pokémon as long as the franchise makes more money?
Money, dear boy.
Plus, there are hundreds of creatures and legends out there just waiting to be turned into pokémon.
Thirdly, they keep hiring new artists with different ideas, so Game Freak will never truly "run out of ideas"

TheAwesomeOne

It was a joke LOL.
Making more Pokémon looses money, but then you get payed back by people buying it.
So I guess then minimum profit is $0.

Grassette

Treehugger

For anyone who doesn't know why they should keep going, here is the answer, within the spoiler.

M O N E Y !

And I believe I did post another post a few posts back (xD) that explains this.

Izenhime

I like more pokemon, more moves, more towns, more areas. It just helps keep it fresh.

Don't get me wrong, I love the classics, and I still play my Pokemon Blue/crystal games. But when Black/White came out, I bought it the day of release (in U.S.), and had so much fun playing along side one of my best friends. What I liked the most about Black and White was that there were NO familiar pokemon for you to have a base on. It was all new. Every battle with a trainer/wild pokemon was something new. I don't think I've ever caught as many pokemon in any other game like I did with black and white. The only reason I caught them....to find out what types they were.

I mixed and matched my team so many times on my first play through, it was so much fun.

The classics are great, but the feeling of new is just great in my opinion.

Kalosian

So long
I prefer having more Pokemon than having not that many. Would love to see them top 800 during the next generation. More Pokemon means more choices for teams and strategies, but it also means that there is more to think about regarding opponents. One reason for that I prefer the newer games over the older ones is that there is more Pokemon in the newer games.

Izenhime

I prefer having more Pokemon than having not that many. Would love to see them top 800 during the next generation. More Pokemon means more choices for teams and strategies, but it also means that there is more to think about regarding opponents. One reason for that I prefer the newer games over the older ones is that there is more Pokemon in the newer games.

I agree, there's a lot more potential for teams. And new pokemon also help bring out older ones as well. People don't expect old pokemon in light of the new ones, so they never prepare for them.

It just makes competitive battles more fun to watch, because you never know what will get sent out. Just so many options for battle scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.