• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
How do you get shinies? I don't have any and I wish I could get one!

The easiest way is chaining with the Pokeradar on Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, because with a chain of 40 you have a very high chance of getting a shiny.

The most obvious way of getting a shiny is just running around in grass until you get one, which can take a very long time.

You can also use the Masuda Method, where you breed Pokemon from 2 different language games together (like Japanese with English or French with German or something). This raises the odds of getting a shiny from 1/8192 to 6/8192, so it should be very fast theoretically but it can take a very very long time lol....

Or for legendaries you can soft reset, where you save in front of the legendary, battle it, then soft reset (Press L, R, Start, and Select on a DS game) and encounter again. You do this until it's shiny.

You can also RNG, although I don't know how to do that so I can't explain it well.

Mevejuma

i like all 649 pokemon and i hope they keep adding but there to me is a problem.

if they make a new generation there will be a pokemon number 666 and christianity which is my religion is the devils sign. so i cant wait to see if the makers of pokemon do something special in that numbers meaning. i hope they dont

I doubt they would do that, they would have some idea what controversy and anger it would cause, so they wouldn't try and do something special for it. Besides, there is some debate over the number of the beast. It is widely accepted and recognised that '666' is the number of the beast, though some people claim it could be '616'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

In May 2005, it was reported that scholars at Oxford University using advanced imaging techniques had been able to read previously illegible portions of a manuscript which stated 616 instead of the majority of texts which state 666.[11] The existence of manuscripts attesting to 616 had also been noted before this finding. Another early witness Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C) (a palimpsest) has it written in full: ἑξακόσιοι δέκα ἕξ, hexakosioi deka hex (lit. "six hundred and sixteen").[12] This, along with the translation of P115, has led some scholars to conclude that 616 is the original number of the beast.[13]
The NRSV translation for Rev 13:18 includes this translation note: "Other ancient authorities read six hundred and sixteen".

If that is in any way true, then we already have our 'devil Pokemon', and I present him to you now:

[IMG139]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/shelmet.jpg[/IMG139]

dan2point5

Good afternoon fellow shiny hunters!

Boxed up another 150 eggs this morning whilst at work so that's my night planned for later! Tried chaining cubone last night but it broke at 24 and I was too tired to try again.

Good luck to everyone today!

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Hey guys, hope everyone's hunts are going well today!

An update on my hunt I finally got up to 100 SRs last night for latias on HG. I was happy to get to that point seeing as the process takes so long... Hopefully I can get a least another 20 or so in today, I would like to do at least that many every day just to make sure I make some progress. Heres hoping this doesn't go on for too long! :)

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So it is possible to SR eevee in hG? Im going to look it up online but i need confirmation before i spend a 20 hour ride on it.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Eh, it's okay. More would be nice, but I'd be okay if they stopped at 649 too (Though, to be honest, I'd rather they removed one Pokemon for an even number at 648. I'm looking at you, overpowered glowy deer/horse thing. I know it probably won't happen since it was in a movie and all, but at least I can hope for the eventual removal of the most obnoxious Pokemon ever made).

Sure some Pokemon designs are admittedly garbage (though Trubbish and Garbodor are literally so...); there have been bad ones since the early days of Pokemon. Each gen has its share of bad designs and Pokemon with uncreative names (Seel, Deerling, Ducklett, etc). For some reason people have become more picky, and I'll admit that I probably have too.

Though, to be honest, I personally hope they move the style of Pokemon a little more toward how they were in Gens I-III, which they actually seem to have done a little in the most recent Gen. Certain Pokemon like Munna or Shelmet look right at home next to Gen III Pokemon IMO, with their relatively simplistic, compact designs. Others like the aforementioned Garbodor or the ice cream monsters look like they belong on the ugly side of Gen IV next to Magmortar. I, for one, think it would be an interesting experiment to find someone who knows next to nothing about Pokemon, give them pictures of all 649, and tell them to try to fit all of them into 4-5 groups based on art style. I think we'd all be kind of surprised at the results.

Am I the only one that hopes Gamefreak trolls us with a Magicarp clone at number 666? I would laugh almost as much as when I saw Elgyem's evolution level.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Today's my 23rd birthday (Ack, getting so old! ;_; ) so hopefully I can do a bit of lazing around and MM for a while when I wake up in the AM... and hope for a nice birthday shiny! Maybe? *pokes white version*

Happy birthday, Ryn! Hope you get a shiny Pokemon today!

I finally touched White version again. I decided to catch the other two Musketeers (Terrakon and Virizion). I found Terrakon rather easily, but I spent close to half-an-hour searching Pinwheel Forest before I finally found Virizion. Neither of them shined, and I was not about to SR for either of them.

Today, I'll be training my team up to Elite-Four levels (Probably 75 or so). If one of the wild Pokemon shine, I'm catching it.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
WOOO! These past few days the DW has been very lucky for me!

2 days ago I got my shiny Deino while on the DW (about to leave).

Today, shiny Zapdos appeared while I was watering my berries!

It took *70* ultra balls to catch it, but after a month of SRing, shiny Zapdos is mine!

Unfortunately my sister took my camera to a party last night and has yet to return -.- So pictures will have to wait until later =/

And it has a TIMID nature! I can't believe it! First I get Bold Suicune, then Calm Articuno, now Timid Zapdos! I've gotten very very lucky with natures for SRing recently, after horrible natures on Sudowoodo, Lugia, and Snorlax lol (Quiet, Lonely, and Quiet =/ ). And it's somewhat vain. Once I transfer all of my shinies to White I will figure out its IV's.

On to Moltres next =) But first I think I need to get some money and buy like 100 dusk balls so no accidents happen lol.

Nakashima

So it is possible to SR eevee in hG? Im going to look it up online but i need confirmation before i spend a 20 hour ride on it.

I do believe it's possible, I've seen some yt vids that have done it that way, and they dont seem like they'd cheat on it.

Got a day off tomorrow, so may get some shiny hunting in depending on what else the day has planned for me ^^ Feeling rather happy about being able to get some Sr's in, I even did 1 before I went to bad last night. Its just 1, but hey, better than none right?

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
WOOO! These past few days the DW has been very lucky for me!

2 days ago I got my shiny Deino while on the DW (about to leave).

Today, shiny Zapdos appeared while I was watering my berries!

It took *70* ultra balls to catch it, but after a month of SRing, shiny Zapdos is mine!

Unfortunately my sister took my camera to a party last night and has yet to return -.- So pictures will have to wait until later =/

And it has a TIMID nature! I can't believe it! First I get Bold Suicune, then Calm Articuno, now Timid Zapdos! I've gotten very very lucky with natures for SRing recently, after horrible natures on Sudowoodo, Lugia, and Snorlax lol (Quiet, Lonely, and Quiet =/ ). And it's somewhat vain. Once I transfer all of my shinies to White I will figure out its IV's.

On to Moltres next =) But first I think I need to get some money and buy like 100 dusk balls so no accidents happen lol.

WHAT LUCK! Congratulations! :)

...that reminds me, I should go do dream world before I forget. Bah.

Also, I have a question. I'm not very savvy on natures and what nature is good for which Pokemon. But both shinies I have so far (Charmeleon and Growlithe) are both Docile... is that good or not so much?

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan

Also, I have a question. I'm not very savvy on natures and what nature is good for which Pokemon. But both shinies I have so far (Charmeleon and Growlithe) are both Docile... is that good or not so much?

Docile is a netural nature, it doesn't raise or lower anything.

This will give you a good list of your natures.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet

Thanks =)

As far as natures go, I only use offensive Pokemon, so here are the most desireable natures (for me):

Modest: + Sp. Attack, - Attack
Timid: + Speed, - Attack
Adamant: + Attack, - Sp. Attack
Jolly: + Speed, - Sp. Attack

The first two are good for offensive, special attackers. The second two are good for offensive, physical attackers.

Docile isn't a bad nature (since it doesn't adversely affect anything) but it's not great either since it doesn't help you in any way. I know that Serious is also a neutral nature (my Feraligatr is serious).

I think somebody already posted a link to a list of natures, so I won't bother.

If you are MMing, it helps to find Japanese dittos with the natures I listed above (if you go for offensive Pokemon), because you will end up using them a lot with everstones. I have a Modest and an Adamant Japanese ditto, both from people on these forums, but I'm sure you can also find them on the GTS if you try hard enough.

deviantShiny

Shiny Data Collector
Hey Ryu I see your two rows are almost full congrats :)

Stil MM-ing for a Venipede, but I have gotten a few Shiny via trade so my Unova Pokemon Shiny Dex is getting more full:)

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
Thanks =)

As far as natures go, I only use offensive Pokemon, so here are the most desireable natures (for me):

Modest: + Sp. Attack, - Attack
Timid: + Speed, - Attack
Adamant: + Attack, - Sp. Attack
Jolly: + Speed, - Sp. Attack

The first two are good for offensive, special attackers. The second two are good for offensive, physical attackers.

Docile isn't a bad nature (since it doesn't adversely affect anything) but it's not great either since it doesn't help you in any way. I know that Serious is also a neutral nature (my Feraligatr is serious).

I think somebody already posted a link to a list of natures, so I won't bother.

If you are MMing, it helps to find Japanese dittos with the natures I listed above (if you go for offensive Pokemon), because you will end up using them a lot with everstones. I have a Modest and an Adamant Japanese ditto, both from people on these forums, but I'm sure you can also find them on the GTS if you try hard enough.

I know Docile was a neutral nature, but thanks for the tip on natures good for offensive types, as I tend to raise Pokemon that are heavy attackers. And thank you, Dragonite, for the link.

My Japanese Ditto I've been using is Gentle. But I'll keep my eye open. I tend to collect Japanese Dittos, so. xD

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I've only ever seen two shinies in the wild and caught caught them. One was my first shiny, a Torkoal. And the other was a Ponyta I found in Diamond. I'm not counting Red Garydos because everyone can get it. The rest of my shinies come from trades or events.

Torkoal= HE'S GOLD!!!!!! He looks sooo cool. I heard someone call it a Torgold one day, and I've used that ever since.

Ponyta= Has BLUE fire! Much better than gray fire with Rapidash.

dfirepk

best pokemon breeder
hey its dfirepk
i was wondering if its a hack to get both zekrom and reshiram shiny
please pm me in reply

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
I've only ever seen two shinies in the wild and caught caught them. One was my first shiny, a Torkoal. And the other was a Ponyta I found in Diamond. I'm not counting Red Garydos because everyone can get it. The rest of my shinies come from trades or events.

Torkoal= HE'S GOLD!!!!!! He looks sooo cool. I heard someone call it a Torgold one day, and I've used that ever since.

Congrats! I've always loved Shiny Ponyta. :) Did you give them any nicknames?

I've never had a RE with a shiny pokemon... I was on the phone with a friend of mine yesterday and told him I was MMing for shinies and he told me he ran into a shiny Sandile on his game. I was like lol you're so lucky and he's like I just liked it cause it sparkled.

deviantShiny

Shiny Data Collector

I'm so jelly! Torkal?! That's my favorite Pokemon ever! GRAAAHHHH >.< LOL but great job nonetheless, haha

I found an Unown one time, I just turned off the cheat from the Action Replay, I think it was E? I don't know what I did with it LOL and then I found a Litwick when my Repel ran out, haha. I seem to find them when I'm not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.