• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

I think the developers intention and the cycle in their origin IRL matter in if they are related or not

L-Knight

The Mega Blastoise
lol then just switch to Arena Trap Dugtrio. Then you can't switch out, and Blissey automatically dies from being hit by any physical move due to having an extremely s#itty base 10 Defense...
summary chansey and blissey can easily be beaten plus good exp

PsychoIncarnate

Your opinion. I've used Plusle, Minun and Emolga online before and have won many times.

Once again, your opinion.

Them being NU is my opinion? LOL right

From Smogon:

"Cute Electric rodents have always been useless in the competitive scene, and Emolga continues that tradition; it is both weak offensively and extremely frail defensively. Its only saving grace is its good Speed, which allows it to pull off a barely decent support set that makes use of Tailwind. Emolga is a bad Pokemon, and you should always consider other options, such as Rotom-S, before using it."

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
With regards to the Mewtwo mega evolving on Smash, if we look at the evidence it becomes pretty clear that we are almost certainly getting a 2nd mega Mewtwo. The mega evolved form was blocked out and the host looked shocked. Fair enough, maybe it failed or something. EXCEPT we have had info from the very reliable PokeBeach leaker which stated that Mewtwo has 2 new forms. One of these was already revealed as the mega evolution we all know. So I feel like it is certain that the second form/mega is what was hidden on Smash. Yes I'm aware of all the other possibilities and normally wouldn't disregard them, but with the PokeBeach leaker and this new footage matching up so perfectly, I would be willing to bet it's the 2nd mega we've been anticipating. Only time will tell for sure.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Is this really something you should be fighting about..?

@Emily101
Yeah, a second Mewtwo Mega is pretty much a given right now. It MegaEvolved, was hidden, and they were shocked. It is obviously not the MegaMewtwo we already know of under there. ^^ I hope they will be Game Specific.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Is this really something you should be fighting about..?

@Emily101
Yeah, a second Mewtwo Mega is pretty much a given right now. It MegaEvolved, was hidden, and they were shocked. It is obviously not the MegaMewtwo we already know of under there. ^^ I hope they will be Game Specific.

I believe that they could be game specific. There could be a different mega stone for X and Y. Definitely a possibility! And in the game's coding, there was a MewtwoX and MewtwoY mentioned. These were likely placeholder names but still hint heavily at there being a mega Mewtwo for both X and Y!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I believe that they could be game specific. There could be a different mega stone for X and Y. Definitely a possibility! And in the game's coding, there was a MewtwoX and MewtwoY mentioned. These were likely placeholder names but still hint heavily at there being a mega Mewtwo for both X and Y!

Exactly. ^^ MegaMewtwoX and MegaMewtwoY. I do wonder which will be in which game, IF this is the case. I hope the smaller, Mew-like one will have a cool design.

Snubbull Lover 777

as for raichu, it's a canidate for an added type, but what? ampharos gained dragon since it always had dragon in its name and looked a little dragonny, but raichu, what second type would make any sense? as for ability, anything to keep it from being wiped out so instantly by earthquake would be nice.

How would you feel about an Electric/Fighting Mega Raichu with the Iron Fist ability? I think it could be very cool imo.

john90

Exactly. ^^ MegaMewtwoX and MegaMewtwoY. I do wonder which will be in which game, IF this is the case. I hope the smaller, Mew-like one will have a cool design.

I remember WPM said that official site referred to Megamewtwo (the one we know) as "M2X" so I assume the one we are going to discover is for pokemon y.

Hilda

You specifically said he didn't suck in battle and used them online

When they kind of do suck in battle. No opinion required

No Pokemon suck in battle if you have the ability to use them right. Smogon just categorizes Pokemon in accordance to their way of playing. You can make better sets than theirs if you open bulbapedia and check all their moves.

Their sets group Pokemon into roles that they want to see. They have made Pokemon battles too mechanic. Just the element of surpise of having your own set demolishes your opponent. I've had many 6-0's against smogon OU teams with a Noctowl.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I'm intrigued to find out what this is all about, hopefully CoroCoro leaks on Wednesday and puts any speculation to rest.

If Mewtwo does indeed have an X and Y evolution, I just hope that it is worthwhile having two mega evolutions. I suppose one advantage would be that it would make it more difficult to plan against as you wouldn't know what the Mewtwo might mega evolve into.

Also - where exactly was it confirmed that you can only have one mega evolved pokemon in your team?

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
I'm intrigued to find out what this is all about, hopefully CoroCoro leaks on Wednesday and puts any speculation to rest.

If Mewtwo does indeed have an X and Y evolution, I just hope that it is worthwhile having two mega evolutions. I suppose one advantage would be that it would make it more difficult to plan against as you wouldn't know what the Mewtwo might mega evolve into.

Also - where exactly was it confirmed that you can only have one mega evolved pokemon in your team?

It's not 1 mega-evolution per team, its a held item you can have access to 6 mega-evolutions if you so wished; its only one mega-evolution in battle. So in a double battle only one can be mega-evolved; we don't know what happens if you switch out a mega either, if they stay in mega or revert back to normal (unless that's been confirmed?); apologies if I misread what you said ><

Last edited:

Mudster

Master of the Legend
It's not 1 mega-evolution per team, its a held item you can have access to 6 mega-evolutions if you so wished; its only one mega-evolution in battle. So in a double battle only one can be mega-evolved; we don't know what happens if you switch out a mega either, if they stay in mega or revert back to normal (unless that's been confirmed?); apologies if I misread what you said ><

Still doesn't answer my question. Where was it said?

Status
Not open for further replies.