• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Again, it may be rehashing of the fact you couldn't get Unova Pokémon with its DW Ability until 2, with the exception of Darumaka/Darmanitan and Munna/Musharna. It could add a ton of advertisement for Z or W or W/Z or X2/Y2 or Cat/Pop Tart.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Again, it may be rehashing of the fact you couldn't get Unova Pokémon with its DW Ability until 2, with the exception of Darumaka/Darmanitan and Munna/Musharna. It could add a ton of advertisement for Z or W or W/Z or X2/Y2 or Cat/Pop Tart.

One of the headcanons I had is that the past 5 generations of Pokemon were researched to death, so the potential for ME can exist because of the large research material. Whereas, in XY Kalos is unexplored and we have no idea what to expect in terms of Pokemon, so the research material is non-existent. It may not be until Z (or whatever the hell they name it), where we have great knowledge about Kalos Pokemon and we'll eventually figure out which can ME, and which cannot.

Rakurai

I'm curious about what kind of excuse they'll use for why certain non-Kalos Pokemon can't use mega evolution.

Though I suppose it's just as likely that they won't even have an excuse and they'll just say they can't do it.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Knowing pokemon, the Kalos Mega Evolutions will be present in the data of the game. However you cannot access the mega stones needed to initiate said mega evolution until Nintendo releases it. My guess is they will save these mega stones for Z/X2/Y2 or the possible Gen 3 remakes.

Also given how the 3Ds works more like a modern day console than the DS did, I'd assume they could provide a software patch to let you access the Kalos Megas in the future. Then there are always events for megas, which they obviously will be doing as one is already announced.
So I wouldn't worry too much about the Kalos Pokemon not getting mega evos right away.

Grey Wind

So I wouldn't worry too much about the Kalos Pokemon not getting mega evos right away.
I think it makes sense, anyway. Mega Evolution seems to be a way to make certain older Pokemon more relevant and give them something new to work with. Kalos Pokemon are brand new, so there's not really that much of a need to give them one.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Mega stunkfish do it now gamefreak

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
This but eventually they will get one but it doesn't make sense to give them one now.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Eventually though, I think the majority, if not all, Pokemon will have Mega-Evolutions. Kalos will be included in that, and whatever gen introduces that will be in on the action as well. That's just a thought though. What I'm interested to see is how we're going to get all the Mega-Stones, even if all 649+ don't get Megas. They can't be like normal items, they'd be overflowing. A shop maybe?

bushie

i don't think all pokemon are going to get a mega evo now. however with torchic getting a mega evo i hope all the starters get mega-evos it'd seem fair.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Still hoping for my Mega Masquerain. It'll top off any news that we have had so far if this were to happen.. Game Freak I am counting on it! Make it happen please!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I feel it is a bit dodgy that the Pokemon that live in the region Mega Evolutions are discovered cannot actually Mega Evolve..

Well I would say that that all depends on what the reason for mega evolution actually is.

Ephemeral Shadows

Fantasy Author
I love the Mega Evolution concept, but Gamefreak did not need to make one for Garchomp, and Mega Mewtwo X looks ludicrous.
We need a Mega Arbok with hard jaw and something near base 100 stats across the board, and Gunk Shot/Coil/Ice Fang/Fire Fang. I want it <3

Rakurai

I'd be glad if they at least had Mega Evolutions for every single Pokemon line from a past game that's returning in this one's regional dex.

Mostly since that would likely mean my top two favorite Pokemon would get one.

mankarp

I'm curious about what kind of excuse they'll use for why certain non-Kalos Pokemon can't use mega evolution.

Though I suppose it's just as likely that they won't even have an excuse and they'll just say they can't do it.
It's simple. The mega stones required for kalos pokemon to mega evole are not found in kalos but in another far away region :) Problem solved.
That's why old pokemon can mega evolve now and not before, because their particular mega stones are found in kalos and not in kanto/johto/hoenn/sinnoh/unova.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
I was wondering... Does the fact that we find Caterpie and Pidgey early ingame increase the chances of their evos getting Mega Formes?

Daimona

Hero of Truth
I was wondering... Does the fact that we find Caterpie and Pidgey early ingame increase the chances of their evos getting Mega Formes?

Likely not, they are typical early route pokemon. But I wouldn't say no to Mega Pidgeot.

Rakurai

It's simple. The mega stones required for kalos pokemon to mega evole are not found in kalos but in another far away region :) Problem solved.
That's why old pokemon can mega evolve now and not before, because their particular mega stones are found in kalos and not in kanto/johto/hoenn/sinnoh/unova.

Someone didn't read my post properly.

WNDR

With the mega stones being countable hinting at usable items, do you guys think we'll get an abundance of them later in game maybe even available in the pokemart? I'd hope so otherwise I'd be too worried to ever use me stones incase if should of saved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.