• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

I really doubt they'd be consumable considering that some of them are going to be from events only (The Blazikenite presumably being the first of many).

In any case, I'm guessing they'll be obtainable in all the places you'd find typical hold items; on the ground in random places, as gifts from NPCs, and possibly as rewards to be bought with points obtained from the inevitable battle attraction.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
With the mega stones being countable hinting at usable items, do you guys think we'll get an abundance of them later in game maybe even available in the pokemart? I'd hope so otherwise I'd be too worried to ever use me stones incase if should of saved it.

I don't think they are items that used up. Because what would we do with Blazikennite which was said in one of the trailers to be only available through the Wifi Event with the Torchic. How would having to get a new Mega Stone each time work with that?

Luthor

I feel it is a bit dodgy that the Pokemon that live in the region Mega Evolutions are discovered cannot actually Mega Evolve..

they can't megaevolve YET and thats the important thing. If I'm correct during pokemon Z or whatevr the third game version is called they'll be added there. That game would probably also be based in kalos. It makes snese not to have them megaevolve yet otherwise people would never grow to use the normal state. Plus from a marketing POV it makes sense. In game until we know more about where megastones come from it's too early to say it's dodgy.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
they can't megaevolve YET and thats the important thing. If I'm correct during pokemon Z or whatevr the third game version is called they'll be added there. That game would probably also be based in kalos. It makes snese not to have them megaevolve yet otherwise people would never grow to use the normal state. Plus from a marketing POV it makes sense. In game until we know more about where megastones come from it's too early to say it's dodgy.

Yes I also feel that Kalos mega evolutions could be added in the third version or sequels of X and Y. It gives the community time to get used to the new sixth generation pokemon first in X and Y and it also gives them new stuff to add for the third version or sequels. Seems like a win/win.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
considering the professor is studying Mega evolutions could he not hand out the stones if you have a suitable pokemon in your party and then battle you each time?

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Where is it said that he studies them?

in the polygon interview

Masuda added that Professor Sycamore is also a deviation from the more "traditional" Pokemon professor. Sycamore is studying Pokemon's Mega Evolutions, one of the new combat elements in X and Y. Sycamore, Masuda said, will often ask favors of people rather than do things himself, like having the friends deliver the Pokemon to players. Later in the game, he will even challenge players to a Pokemon battle

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Think I shall do one more wishlist before the games comeout. So here's my mega wishlist, I am not including starters as I feel they will all get one eventually....

Gen 1:
- Arbok (Egyptian theme with Sand Rush)
- Primeape (with Anger Point or Hustle)
- Seaking (with lightning rod)
- Tauros (with a new ability that prevents recharge times)
- Hypno (With Bad Dreams or a new ability that causes 100% accuracy on sleep inducing moves)

Gen 2:
- Ursaring (with Anger Point or Hustle)
- Ledian (with Iron Fists)
- Ariados (with Speed Boost)
- Houndoom (Cerberus theme, keeps Flash Fire)
- Xatu (with Magic Bounce)

Gen 3;
- Sharpedo (with Speed Boost)
- Altaria (with Cloud Nine or Airlock)
- Masquerain (with Drizzle)
- Manectric (Keeps lighting rob)
- Medicham (with Wonder Guard)

Gen 4:
- Staraptor (with Rock Head)
- Vespiquen (new Ability that summons substitutes (aka Combee) without the HP drop).
- Bronzong (with super defences and an ability to summon a Trick Room effect for as long as its on the field)
- Drapion (Keeps Sniper)
- Toxicroak (With Adaptability)

Gen 5:
- Throh (with Mold Breaker)
- Sawk (with Mold Breaker)
- Darmanitan (Switches to its Zen Mode form, with Zen mode reteconed as an ability that boosts SP. Attack when under half health)
- Cofagrigus (keeps Mummy)
- Zoroark (with Wonder Guard)

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Think I shall do one more wishlist before the games comeout. So here's my mega wishlist, I am not including starters as I feel they will all get one eventually....

Gen 1:
- Arbok (Egyptian theme with Sand Rush)
- Primeape (with Anger Point or Hustle)
- Seaking (with lightning rod)
- Tauros (with a new ability that prevents recharge times)
- Hypno (With Bad Dreams or a new ability that causes 100% accuracy on sleep inducing moves)

Gen 2:
- Ursaring (with Anger Point or Hustle)
- Ledian (with Iron Fists)
- Ariados (with Speed Boost)
- Houndoom (Cerberus theme, keeps Flash Fire)
- Xatu (with Magic Bounce)

Gen 3;
- Sharpedo (with Speed Boost)
- Altaria (with Cloud Nine or Airlock)
- Masquerain (with Drizzle)
- Manectric (Keeps lighting rob)
- Medicham (with Wonder Guard)

Gen 4:
- Staraptor (with Rock Head)
- Vespiquen (new Ability that summons substitutes (aka Combee) without the HP drop).
- Bronzong (with super defences and an ability to summon a Trick Room effect for as long as its on the field)
- Drapion (Keeps Sniper)
- Toxicroak (With Adaptability)

Gen 5:
- Throh (with Mold Breaker)
- Sawk (with Mold Breaker)
- Darmanitan (Switches to its Zen Mode form, with Zen mode reteconed as an ability that boosts SP. Attack when under half health)
- Cofagrigus (keeps Mummy)
- Zoroark (with Wonder Guard)

Like your list. But I would add Arcanine with Speed Boost, Golurk, and Gengar

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
I was wondering... Does the fact that we find Caterpie and Pidgey early ingame increase the chances of their evos getting Mega Formes?

If they do then hopefully we can see them appearing in the anime finally.

I doubt they will get megas though, pidgey is a maybe but i can't see a reason for it

Don't think the regional bird or butterfly will get one. I just want a mega evolution done right for Gengar, Dragonite, Lapras, Gliscor, Raichu and Snorlax. Can you imagine how awesome snorlax would be

So I just read an interview with Masuada, and in it he said that because the Pokemon needs to hold a Megastone in order to Mega Evolve, that it can't hold any other items. This got me thinking, what would happen if you used Thief on a Mega Pokemon, or what would happen if a Mega Pokemon used Fling?

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
So I just read an interview with Masuada, and in it he said that because the Pokemon needs to hold a Megastone in order to Mega Evolve, that it can't hold any other items. This got me thinking, what would happen if you used Thief on a Mega Pokemon, or what would happen if a Mega Pokemon used Fling?

Thief might revert the Pokemon back to it's original form and Fling might do decent damage but it won't do as much as if it was a iron ball or something sides if you have to hold it you'd probably revert back if you fling it

psyrose3

All the pokemon Megaevolving in the trailers were level 100. Could this be a requirement to megaevolve.
Not looking forward to battle Cynthia with a megagarchomp level 100

I hadn't noticed this, and I certainly don't look forward to that possibility either. Honestly, I don't like the idea of NPCs having level 100 Pokemon to begin with.

mankarp

Mega stones are one of a kind and Fling will fail like when Arceus or Giratina use it (with it's signature items). I expect mega pokemon to be inmune to trick, thief and all those attacks that nullify items otherwise it would be too easy to counter mega evos.Only having 1 per battle and not holding a regular item (leftovers, choice items, life orb) are enough, i don't think they add another weakness to mega evolution.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

Thief would do the same thing as against giatina-origin form, nothing. Mega-evolution is a form so, like the other item based forms, it's not possible to remove the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.