• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
So far I love Mega Aerodactyl. This buddy has helped me a lot in my online battles and I didn't expect it to be so useful even though I have no idea if I'm using it properly.

The tradition was every even number these things happened. . .
5 is not exactly an even number.

Gen V did broke a lot of traditions and if you meant something else then you should have written explicitly what you were referring to. . .

Gen V did broke a lot of traditions and if you meant something else then you should have written explicitly what you were referring to. . .

Well, I did.
Well, I thought we'd get another Eeveelution since they have always released them in pairs since 2nd Gen.
That didn't happen.
I thought they'd evolve Pokemon that needed evolutions to be more viable.
That didn't happen.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This game broke damn near all "tradition" they previously made us think they had.

It is funny for you to say that, because most of the franchise traditions are exactly the things against Hoenn remakes.

GDK

You just proved the point I was trying to make.
This game broke damn near all "tradition" they previously made us think they had.
You're speaking about it as if it will inevitably happen, like GF owes us a R/S/E remake.
They don't.

Then IF they don't make one, you'll be complaining about it later because you had hoped they would.
Well, I thought we'd get another Eeveelution since they have always released them in pairs since 2nd Gen.
That didn't happen.
I thought they'd evolve Pokemon that needed evolutions to be more viable.
That didn't happen.

Two "traditions" we thought they would continue to follow until the end of Pokemon.
Neither of them happened this generation.
And to expect them to follow this tradition, to be blatant, is outright dumb.

EDIT: Wrong place to discuss this.

Read my secodn sentence and don't stop to the first.
A remake enable for a longer lifespan of a generation.
IT's not a tradition matter, it's a marketing matter (giving us something to wait for the next big thing).
Of course they are working on 7th gen since they started working on 6th gen when BW were done.

YuthaDragon

I have a question:
I have get froakie as starter and charmander as second starter

in stone emperium (lumios city) you can get the other megastones (blastoisite and venusaurite)

Only megastone that was offert was blastoisite

but when do the rest: venusaurite or charizardite Y (i play Y)
come
thanks already

Grey Wind

I have a question:
I have get froakie as starter and charmander as second starter

in stone emperium (lumios city) you can get the other megastones (blastoisite and venusaurite)

Only megastone that was offert was blastoisite

but when do the rest: venusaurite or charizardite Y (i play Y)
come
thanks already
You can only get one of each Mega Stone (i.e. you can't buy another Charizardite). And I'm pretty sure that once you buy the first stone the second one becomes available.

coolerdynastic

You can only get one of each Mega Stone (i.e. you can't buy another Charizardite). And I'm pretty sure that once you buy the first stone the second one becomes available.

Yeap correct, you need to buy the Blastonite then the Venusaurite will be available

aswertyuiol

Cold turkey.

Are you sure? Even post-e4 I can't find the megastones in the stone emporium.

No, you didn't. You didn't talk about even generations.

I shouldn't need to. The two things I mentioned only happened in even generations. . .
It was sort of implied.

Thanh76

Question for you all XD

If i was going to breed a charizard for both x and y mega stone would naive be a good option? I don't really want to have two charizards because I am going for that shiny :)

Redmudkip

Battle Engineer
I have a question on mega latios/latias:
Because they look the same, do they have the same stats? Or is it going to be like a fixed version of soul dew?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Question for you all XD

If i was going to breed a charizard for both x and y mega stone would naive be a good option? I don't really want to have two charizards because I am going for that shiny :)

Naive isn't a good option for X.

I have a question on mega latios/latias:
Because they look the same, do they have the same stats? Or is it going to be like a fixed version of soul dew?
It is not known if they have the same stats and the latter is extremely unlikely as Soul Dew's boost is larger than Mega Evolutions' boost.

It is not known if they have the same stats and the latter is extremely unlikely as Soul Dew's boost is larger than Mega Evolutions' boost.

You say that like you know that for sure.

Redmudkip

Battle Engineer

I meant a nerfed version of soul dew.

Also, do we know about the ability? I personally like levitate, but something new could be cool.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
You say that like you know that for sure.

Mega Evolutions only give an additional +100 BST, unless it is for a Pokémon with altered stats, in which case its +90 BST. Though it is possible that Lati twins might have more boost, it clearly won't pass Arceus' 720 BST, which Soul Dew allows them to do.

I meant a nerfed version of soul dew.

Also, do we know about the ability? I personally like levitate, but something new could be cool.
We know absolutely nothing about them, so we can't say anything for sure.

BUT Duskull got a new Hidden Ability and Gengar got a completely different ability so I would say it is possible(and would distance themselves from Soul Dew using variants).

Status
Not open for further replies.