• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Mega Absol is as lame as the time Twilight Sparkle became an alicorn.

Kidding, but anyway, I surprised that I've just seen positive comments so far. This idea is very interesting, and I would like to know the story behind it.

One other thing, here comes a new idea for a 6 member team.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
OH MY GOD, THESE ARE EPIC!!!!!!!!

I looooooooooove them all so much. I wonder what makes this happen to the pokemon?

It defiantly breaths new live into the already great franchise!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
New Topic!

What's your favorite Mega Form?

Mine's is Absol, it looks so majestic, and so cool.

I would saw MegaMawile just because of DOSE MOUTHS, but MegaAmpharos earned a lot of my respect for pulling the wool over my eyes and becoming a Dragon-type.

(Seriously, if you had told someone back in 2002 that eleven years from then, Ampahros would become part Dragon-type, they would have had you institutionalized.)

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
New Topic!

What's your favorite Mega Form?

Mine's is Absol, it looks so majestic, and so cool.

MegaLucario > MegaBlaziken > MegaMawille (we can't see it totally though) > MegaAmpharos (DEM TYPING!!) = MegaAbsol (those pseudo-wings rock)

Than we have MegaMewtwo. Meh...

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I'm liking the design of Absol it looks so legendary.. Ampharos looks good with hair, but that Dual type dragon made it soo interesting..

I hope we get a bunch more Mega Pokemon not just these 6..

AceTrainer8

There is a lot that bothers me about these "Mega" evolutions - and not just the Digimon like idea. It takes away a lot of the previous status quos regarding evolution lines, such as there being only three in a line. Also, having one just for Blaziken and not the other starters seems unbalanced.

Also, the names (unofficial maybe) are weird. Mega{Pokemon}? That sounds cheap, like an easy marketing ploy.
Previous status quo - 17 types. No one said there wouldn't be more for the starters. It's a teaser. Likewise, we haven't seen all the old fairy types yet.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I don't know how I feel about Mega evolutions. Do they only apply to a specific set of pokemon or will they give it to all pokemon? It seems likely to it will only be given to certain pokemon, but I don't want GF to focus on giving it to the pokemon who are already commonly used in game play like Garchomp or Charizard. Those guys already have so much attention even before this. Give it to pokemon people hardly use so that it will encourage players to use other pokemon to see if they would like it like Dunsparce or Grunbull. There are certainly other pokemon that can use that boost so they have a better chance in gameplay.

Ditto24

Seriously how is this like Digimon? do we need to be in mortal peril for Blaziken to evolve? Do we all have Digivices in the game? Has there been any mention of the Digital world?

Digimon do not own the rights to the word 'Mega' JFC.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Mega Absol is as lame as the time Twilight Sparkle became an alicorn.

Kidding, but anyway, I surprised that I've just seen positive comments so far. This idea is very interesting, and I would like to know the story behind it.

One other thing, here comes a new idea for a 6 member team.

Whoa, where have you been? Negative comments are everywhere. They're hiding in the bushes, they're in your closet, and worst of all, under your bed.

As for favorite Mega Pokemon? Blaziken for sure, followed by Mawile and then Lucario. To be fair, I think they're all fantastic.

Last edited:

Garbodor.

GIVE ME MEGA CHARIZARD!!!!!

I can just imagine Ash's charizard going to it's mega mode.

Guys, for those of you who say you hate this Idea, it's not like they will force you to use this concept. It's up to you. As long as we are not forced to do anything then new ideas are welcomed by me.

orochi

MEGAAA SAMUROTTTTT DAT EPICNESSSS

Okay, you think ALL the starters will get Megalutions?(my new word xD)
They better. Mega Samurott! Finally! A samurai pokemon! I like samurott but its stat are terrible

PokemonOwn

I'm liking the design of Absol it looks so legendary.. Ampharos looks good with hair, but that Dual type dragon made it soo interesting..

I hope we get a bunch more Mega Pokemon not just these 6..

Agreed. Although I like the idea, I don't want to be overdosed on them.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For those of you who think this is too similar to Digivolving I think the mega forms are actually more like the Ultimate forms from Ben 10 Ultimate alien

Seaweed4

Champion
Am I the only one mourning over the fact that Ampharos is now half dragon? *Play's Chopin's Funeral March* It's my absolute favorite, and the single-type electric was a big part of that. Besides, the wig looks silly. It's like my Ampharos used Rogaine, and it's like losing my BFF. :'(

Does anyone know if regular Ampharos is still plain old electric?

Last edited:

Garbodor.

GIVE ME MEGA CHARIZARD!!!!!

I can just imagine Ash's charizard going to it's mega mode.

Guys, for those of you who say you hate this Idea, it's not like they will force you to use this concept. It's up to you. As long as we are not forced to do anything then new ideas are welcomed by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.