• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
The reason they aren't evolutions is because they aren't evolutions, plain and simple. Unlike a standard evolution (which usually represents growth), these new ones don't really change the pokemon's size, or body. Simply powers them up and gives them new capabilities. That's why a normal evolution wouldn't work for these design. These are less child Goku vs. adult Goku and more normal Goku vs. SS Goku.

Ok, so while I agree with your particular arguement on this subject, there is a little something inaccurate about it that i noticed..
Some of the mega formes do cause a change in thier body.. For example
Mawhile > MegaMawhile
Height 2' 00" > Height 3' 03"
Weight 25.4 lbs.> Weight 51.8 lbs.

Mewtwo> MegaMewtwo
Height 6' 07" >Height 4' 11"
Weight 269.0 lbs.>Weight 72.8 lbs. (apparently he goes on some crazy crash diet)

The megaLucario also increases in body height and mass but I felt my example was complete..

anywho, just wanted to point that out... however i still support your support of the change being great!! :)

EonDragonFTW

FennekinBlazes

Gay Mess
Yeah Mega Absol,Absol really deserved this! :D

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Given that the player wears some Mega Stone bracelet thing, I really hope Mega Evolution is done at the leisure of the user of the Mega Pokemon, and not some random event.

Would make it more challenging if it was at the discretion of the player and not the CPU.
the player wears a mega stone bracelet?
where does it say that?

Regality

Digital King
the player wears a mega stone bracelet?
where does it say that?

[IMG300]http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/downloads/Boy-Girl-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1920x1200.jpg[/IMG300]

87084d1368651300-generation-vi-gadget-discussion-dna-device.png

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
so is it safe to assume you wont be able to use the mega evolutions until you beat that gym leader which then will give you the bracelets?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
how do you guys think battle animations will start? we already saw "lass" sugimori art featured but we also saw team flare's 3D models when sending out a pokemon. do you guys think we're going to see sugi art turn into a 3D model before sending out their pokemon? or just some inconsistencies such as team flare using 3D models and random trainer battles using 2D sugi art?

Kingudora

My favourite
[IMG300]http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/downloads/Boy-Girl-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1920x1200.jpg[/IMG300]

87084d1368651300-generation-vi-gadget-discussion-dna-device.png

The question is what kind of function the bracelet has. My guess would be a link between the pokemon and the trainer, which must be strong enough for the pokemon to Mega Evolve. Following on that, I believe that link or bond can be strengthened with Pokemon Amie.

Regality

Digital King
The question is what kind of function the bracelet has. My guess would be a link between the pokemon and the trainer, which must be strong enough for the pokemon to Mega Evolve. Following on that, I believe that link or bond can be strengthened with Pokemon Amie.

That sounds good to me!
I wonder if they are important to the story..

Then at the end, the evil boss destroys your bracelet and thinks he/she has won as you can no longer bond and use Megas, but then your Pokemon evolve into Megas anyway because it turns out the bond you shared was in your heart all along.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Then at the end, the evil boss destroys your bracelet and thinks he/she has won as you can no longer bond and use Megas, but then your Pokemon evolve into Megas anyway because it turns out the bond you shared was in your heart all along.
Ugh, that's so cheesy. It's perfect! :p

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
According to a user over at Bulbapedia, Hiro says that list is correct but it's very incomplete.

So depending on how much stock you put in Hiro's word, we may be getting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.