• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magibas

Drragon Trainer
Has anyone tried searching Lumiose city for mega stones? The place is huuuge and seems to have so many potential hiding spots. I don't know if the serebii discovery team has gone through it. I've been going on a hunt every day at 8pm all around the major caves of Kalos and places like that, but it just occurred to me today that Lumiose city is practically the size of the rest of Kalos (hyperbole, I know) and well yeah it would be nice to find more stones.

Part of me just thinks that more stones will be released as events like the Blazikenite, or gradually with new Pokemon games because let's face it, while no one knows if we will get a X2/Y2 or Z or Hoenn remake, I think we can all agree that there will be at least a few more Pokemon games.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Heracross has been confirmed to learn Pin Missile by Level up, Bullet Seed and Arm Thrust from the Move Relearner and Rock Blast from breeding. So Mega Heracross has some toys to play with.

crobatman

You guys are awesome for sharing the moves that Ampharos, Heracross, and Blastoise can learn. I am going to check more pokemon with Heart Scales later. I can't wait until we find out more moves that can be bred to pokemon.

Reshian1000

Master of flames
Guys you also need to remember this: if one of your opponents pokemon are holding a mega stone and you don't, they wouldn't be able to go mega. So only if both have mega stones included on their team.

So if you you're a competitive player and don't like the idea of mega evolution then no prob. :) (Not sure if anyone posted anything about this)

Rakurai

I hope Manectric gets something new so that it can have more then Electric and Fire attacks in its arsenal.

It can't learn anything new TM wise, and doesn't have anything new via level-up so far (Level 68), though...

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Guys you also need to remember this: if one of your opponents pokemon are holding a mega stone and you don't, they wouldn't be able to go mega. So only if both have mega stones included on their team.

So if you you're a competitive player and don't like the idea of mega evolution then no prob. :) (Not sure if anyone posted anything about this)

So you can pretty much cripple one of their pokemon by forgoing a mega? Would gamefreak really do this?

Rakurai

That's completely incorrect.

If that was the case, I'm pretty sure it would've been mentioned on Smogon by now...

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
That's completely incorrect.

If that was the case, I'm pretty sure it would've been mentioned on Smogon by now...

This

Gamefreak does some questionable things but they would never do something like that

Senrab

I just did an online Random Matchup battle earlier today where I had no Pokemon that had the option of going mega and my opponent mega-evolved his Gengar. This is not true at all.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Do we know all the mega evolutions now?

All of the Mega Evolutions that can be obtained in the game is known.

Event-only ones are unknown, as we have not managed to datamine the games yet.

BluePingu

All of the Mega Evolutions that can be obtained in the game is known.

Event-only ones are unknown, as we have not managed to datamine the games yet.

Ah, I see! Thanks :)

Rakurai

Mega Gengar seems bad enough that it's going to be practically required to have a Pokemon on your team that can counter it.

This makes me so glad I decided to raise that Haunter I caught and spend endless hours on Pokemon Amie with it. This means my Gengar will destroy everyone.
if it has good IVs

Well, that's weird. I battled a buddy of mine. I had no mega Pokes, yet he used his Mega Lucario. . .
I'm gonna say, that's wrong. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.