• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
WOW. I just got the Garchomp mega stone for my Shiny Garchomp... and its mega turns PINK?! wtf.

Wait a minute, shiny Mega Garchomp is pink? I thought shiny mega evolutions only keep their natural colors with a few differences. I saw a video for both Shiny Mega Charizards, and they both kept the same color scheme as the regular one

Firewolf7

I think they should make a mega swampert and Sceptile, what do you guys think
what about a mega mew
images

Rakurai

Wait a minute, shiny Mega Garchomp is pink? I thought shiny mega evolutions only keep their natural colors with a few differences. I saw a video for both Shiny Mega Charizards, and they both kept the same color scheme as the regular one

No. There's quite a few with radical color changes, like Mega Gengar being white, and Mega Gardevoir gaining a black dress.

Pokemon Power

Who else thinks that there will be more events similar to the Torchic distribution? You know, with Pokemon holding Mega Stones that can not be accessible in normal gameplay.

gabric

man mega evolutions are stronger than I though. my mega charizard, a previously horrible pokemon is now able to sweep entire teams on his own. I was random matchups and was put up against someone using what I though was an op tea. he used Xerenas, Zygarde and mega blaziken. my mega charizard Y ripped through all 3. it did end up at 4hpby the end but I one shot the blaziken so

Mega Typhlosion

For me all starters should gain a Mega Evolution. If the Kanto starters got one, if Blaziken got one, then all should get one. Mega Typhlosion w/Flash Fire/Drought and increased speed *-* Awesomeee!

I don't like the idea of mega evolving Tyranitar and Scizor just because they were popular for example. They're already used by every single player in PO and stuff like that, why would they make them even more threatening? (maybe not so much on Scizor)

I hope the metagame changes a bit, I'm tired of seeing the exact same teams all over. It's easy, just picking 6 out of the 10 most overused and call it a team. Then win.

Maybe megas can help change that. Houndoom, Charizard, Absol, now have a chance to shine ;)

CJ0114

The Electric Trainer
I disagree, if anyone of the pika line should get a Mega Evolution, it should be Raichu. Raichu has been overshadowed by his pre evo and it wont make sense to give a pre evo a mega evolution instead of giving it to his final evo

I agree, when Mega Pokemon was first announced I was hoping to see a Mega Raichu. It seems it was not meant to be. At least it got a speed increase to its base Speed.

Hoikas

I am having trouble finding the banette mega stone... I go to the cave of emptiness at around 8PM-9PM my real time, what is set in my game. But it is never there. I have beaten e4 and still can't find it. Tried it in my bfs Y game, I play X. Why can I not find it ? :(

Akashin

I am having trouble finding the banette mega stone... I go to the cave of emptiness at around 8PM-9PM my real time, what is set in my game. But it is never there. I have beaten e4 and still can't find it. Tried it in my bfs Y game, I play X. Why can I not find it ? :(

Have you gone through the process of getting your rival to show up in Kiloude, beating them, and going to Anistar and having Sycamore upgrade your Mega Ring? Beating the E4 isn't the only prerequisite.

Hoikas

Ahh thanks. I will try that. All of the guides I read only said it was post game and left it at that :(

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I'm totally blown away by Mega Scizor. Both its design and its competitive value is something that really appeals to me.

I like that it has got more steel parts on its body, most notable on its shoulders, legs and head. Also its spear-like legs and bigger claws is awesome.

A little detail is that it now has blue eyes as well as blue eye-like marks on its claws which makes it a bit more human-like.

It has also got some really nice boost to its stats and has thanks fully kept both its typing and ability.
Although that the attack increase can't beat choice band or life orb scizor, it isn't really a big deal, since it won't be dealing with the side effects of those items and its defense stat has got some very impressive boosts with a base 140 defense and base 100 s.def.

It's defensive capabilities is impressive.

jonnyc

Right now I'm using MegaHeracross because he's underrated. He completely blows through Pokemon 20 levels higher than him in Mega form during training.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I really disliked Mega Heracross the first time I saw it, mainly because of its Ability. But then it got Pin Missile which also has gained a boost to 25 base power. With Skill Link, Heracross now has a move with 125 base power, and suddenly, it became an awesome, devastating Pokémon :)

For me all starters should gain a Mega Evolution. If the Kanto starters got one, if Blaziken got one, then all should get one. Mega Typhlosion w/Flash Fire/Drought and increased speed *-* Awesomeee!
Can't agree with this enough, seems bizarre that all three of the gen one starters should receive mega evolutions, none of the gen two, one of the gen three - but it does cause me to speculate that with the release of bank (allowing for the porting of other generations that are currently unavailable in X and Y) a patch will be released allowing for further mega evolutions - and if not in that patch then possibly in 'z' if/when it's released?

Akashin

Can't agree with this enough, seems bizarre that all three of the gen one starters should receive mega evolutions, none of the gen two, one of the gen three - but it does cause me to speculate that with the release of bank (allowing for the porting of other generations that are currently unavailable in X and Y) a patch will be released allowing for further mega evolutions - and if not in that patch then possibly in 'z' if/when it's released?

May not even need a patch. Who's to say there aren't just more Mega Stones hidden in the game's coding the same way the three other Legendaries are, waiting to be given away via event later? There's no guarantee, but I'm hopeful that that's the case.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
May not even need a patch. Who's to say there aren't just more Mega Stones hidden in the game's coding the same way the three other Legendaries are, waiting to be given away via event later? There's no guarantee, but I'm hopeful that that's the case.

I also have that thought.
I actually think, that there is more Mega Evolutions which have already been programmed into the games. They just simply aren't revealed yet.

I would very much like to see, that more Mega Evolutions would be gradually revealed over time, both in X and Y, but also in future titles, so we won't have to wait years to get a new set of Mega Evolution.

Also the case with Mega Blaziken, which can only be obtained via. Wi-Fi event. That could very likely be happening later with Treecko and Mudkip too.

I definitely think, that there already are Mega Evolutions programmed in the game, but they simply aren't revealed or available yet.

Lugar

I don't like the idea of mega evolving Tyranitar and Scizor just because they were popular for example. They're already used by every single player in PO and stuff like that, why would they make them even more threatening? (maybe not so much on Scizor)

I hope the metagame changes a bit, I'm tired of seeing the exact same teams all over. It's easy, just picking 6 out of the 10 most overused and call it a team. Then win.

Maybe megas can help change that. Houndoom, Charizard, Absol, now have a chance to shine ;)

I've seen a lot of MegaMawile and MegaKanghaskan in rating battles and i don't suppose they were OU already,even a couple of azumarill thanks to the water/fairy retyping so i do hope things will change.

No. There's quite a few with radical color changes, like Mega Gengar being white, and Mega Gardevoir gaining a black dress.

Could anyone post pics or a link for the kalos dex/Mega evolutions shinies?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Status
Not open for further replies.