• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Xerneas's totally pointless "inactive" form, I think.

EDIT:

Also, lol, "I caught it on my first try!"

...in a master ball. XD

Crimson_Blazer

View attachment 11153 hi there people, i just wanted to upload an image of something that... must be like a Mega-Xerneas or something. i just caugth it.... on my freaking FIRST TRY!!!, its modest, and if someone hasnt calculated it, it has 5 of 6 IVs on 31. it has 4 EP on attack because i used it to kill lysandre's mienshao and honckrow, then mega gyarados killed me and i respawned on the pokecenter. i checked on various iv calculators because i couldnt believe it when i first saw the results on the serebii calculator....
i still have my 3ds turned on, i feel like if i turn it off, it will someway disappear or something.
that's its neutral mode...

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
Reason

View attachment 11153 hi there people, i just wanted to upload an image of something that... must be like a Mega-Xerneas or something. i just caugth it.... on my freaking FIRST TRY!!!, its modest, and if someone hasnt calculated it, it has 5 of 6 IVs on 31. it has 4 EP on attack because i used it to kill lysandre's mienshao and honckrow, then mega gyarados killed me and i respawned on the pokecenter. i checked on various iv calculators because i couldnt believe it when i first saw the results on the serebii calculator....
i still have my 3ds turned on, i feel like if i turn it off, it will someway disappear or something.

Just so you know, here are reasons why it isn't a mega-evolution:

1. That's its neutral form. It is in that form when it's not in battle.

2. You would probably need a mega-stone for it to be a mega-evolution.

3. Pokemon can't be a mega-evolution outside of battle. You were probably viewing it outside of battle seeing that it's in its neutral form.

laceromuvo

That's Xerneas's totally pointless "inactive" form, I think.

EDIT:

Also, lol, "I caught it on my first try!"

...in a master ball. XD

lol, what i was trying to focus on with first try was not the catching, was the fact that normaly to get a legendary with high iv you have to save before, catch it and then catch it again till you get some good ivs, not almost every perfect iv.

laceromuvo

Just so you know, here are reasons why it isn't a mega-evolution:

1. That's its neutral form. It is in that form when it's not in battle.

2. You would probably need a mega-stone for it to be a mega-evolution.

3. Pokemon can't be a mega-evolution outside of battle. You were obviously viewing that outside of battle.

people, are you being stupid on purpose? i know its not a mega evolution, as i explained, god, you just dont get word play rigth?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
people, are you being stupid on purpose? i know its not a mega evolution, as i explained, god, you just dont get word play rigth?

See, you're posting in the Mega Evolutions Thread, which is meant for talk about Mega Evolutions, not legendaries (unless it's Mega Mewtwo/Lati@s of course). Trying to use the word Mega for the sake of "word play" is obviously a bad idea in this thread of all places, so it's only natural that people would misunderstand you given how you presented it. Since you hoped to show off the IV's of that Xerneas, you're better off posting either in the Legendaries Thread or Super Training/EV/IV Thread for this sort of thing.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
See, you're posting in the Mega Evolutions Thread, which is meant for talk about Mega Evolutions, not legendaries (unless it's Mega Mewtwo/Lati@s of course). Trying to use the word Mega for the sake of "word play" is obviously a bad idea in this thread of all places, so it's only natural that people would misunderstand you given how you presented it. Since you hoped to show off the IV's of that Xerneas, you're better off posting either in the Legendaries Thread or Super Training/EV/IV Thread for this sort of thing.

Exactly was I was about to post.

Shraeder

It's Lit

Um you post in the Mega Evolution thread and say you caught a "Mega" Xerneas, what do you think people are gonna assume? That belongs in the Legendary Thread...

magentaman

I wish the 10 extra points in Mega Gyara's Special attack had gone into speed. Just seems kind of wasted right now/

A lot of Pokemon got additions to stats they didn't need them in. Gyara is good as is. He didn't NEED the speed boost.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
A lot of Pokemon got additions to stats they didn't need them in. Gyara is good as is. He didn't NEED the speed boost.
Yeah, I wish they had given some Pokemon HP boosts instead of putting points into stats that the Pokemon doesn't use, or at least put them into something else. Ampharos would probably appreciate 20 more HP a lot more than 20 more Attack.

Yeah, I wish they had given some Pokemon HP boosts instead of putting points into stats that the Pokemon doesn't use, or at least put them into something else. Ampharos would probably appreciate 20 more HP a lot more than 20 more Attack.

Honestly, those 20 points could have gone anywhere but Attk.
If they felt the need to add to attack, why did they have to subtract from his speed to do so. . ?
He was slow as it was, why make him slower. . ?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Honestly, those 20 points could have gone anywhere but Attk.
If they felt the need to add to attack, why did they have to subtract from his speed to do so. . ?
He was slow as it was, why make him slower. . ?

Because Trick Room is cool Honestly, all those points should have just gone into speed instead. It's not like it would have broken with a small speed boost, seeing as it's so slow already.

Rio!

Composer
I wish the 10 extra points in Mega Gyara's Special attack had gone into speed. Just seems kind of wasted right now/

Yeah, it's not even as though Special Attacks were THAT great on him in the first place.
Dark Pulse is still terrible to use. Even the extra stats going into Defenses would have been better imo.

Why the heck did Gyarados NOT get the same treatment as Ampharos with Dragon Pulse; being able to level-up learn Crunch or have it bred into him.

Crimson_Blazer Crimson_Blazer

Give mega arceus its own unique ability akin to protean and that's a way it can change types without plates, though I think judgement would always be normal type. Hmm

Honestly...Arceus just getting the Ability Protean would be pretty cool in itself, as either a specialized Special or Physical attacker.
It would be difficult for your opponent to even defend properly against the constant switching.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Unfortunately, they can't give any transformations additional HP due to the mechanics of how HP works; giving the Mega Evolution higher base HP would only raise the maximum HP upon Mega Evolution, leaving the Pokemon with the same amount health it had before it Mega-Evolved.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Unfortunately, they can't give any transformations additional HP due to the mechanics of how HP works; giving the Mega Evolution higher base HP would only raise the maximum HP upon Mega Evolution, leaving the Pokemon with the same amount health it had before it Mega-Evolved.
Hmmm, that never occurred to me . Oh well, just wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully if/when they release more MegaEvolutions, they don't waste points in unused stats.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I think they should keep less Pokemon with mega evolutions. To my understanding only 26 pokemon can mega evolve. If they add anymore I think they would be pushing it but I wouldn't mind at least 50 ME's. I say do these mega evolutions with these abilities and types:

Kelceon - Forecast
Mightyena - Fur Coat (Dark/Ghost)
Meganium/Sceptile - Harvest (Grass/Dragon)
Heatran - Magnet Pull
Snorlax - Marvel Scale (Normal/Fairy)
Milotic - Multi Scale (Water/Dragon)
Mew - Wonder Guard (Changes to Dark/Ghost)
Raichu - Swift Swim (Electric/Water)

Status
Not open for further replies.