• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I actually liked the Exp. Share in X/Y, so I hope it works the same way in OR/AS.

SO, since we've seen the boxart, it's safe to assume that this will be the first remake without a bundled gimmick right?

FRLG: Wireless Adaptor
HGSS: Pokéwalker (R.I.P.)

Maybe they'll come bundled with a trumpet.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
IIRC you can use Briney to backtrack until you can/open up Rusturf Tunnel

so yeah, pre-req for Exp. Share is Granite Cave cleared, unless they change it

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can use Mr. Briney until you get Surf (which makes more sense, because by then you don't even need him anymore).

SO, since we've seen the boxart, it's safe to assume that this will be the first remake without a bundled gimmick right?

But why, then, suggest restrictions on the new mechanics if you admit those complaining about exp. share (which I love the way it is now) and mega evos basically didn't think to not use them? It would affect those of us who do enjoy those features.

I don't like exp share so I don't use it.... same with any other features I don't like.
also im not entirely sure why you say based on the box art it's safe to assume there wont be something extra.... I may just be too sleepy right now to understand your point, but who's to say they wont?

shadowF

if swampert and sceptile do get mega evolutions when do you guys expect them to be revealed?

Akashin

I don't like exp share so I don't use it.... same with any other features I don't like.
also im not entirely sure why you say based on the box art it's safe to assume there wont be something extra.... I may just be too sleepy right now to understand your point, but who's to say they wont?

The box doesn't show anything pertaining to add-ons, whereas both FRLG and HGSS' did; I don't know if initial box art reveals for them did, though, so I can't comment on whether or not the box art we've seen is definitive proof that there will be nothing.

Arcanineblitz

But why, then, suggest restrictions on the new mechanics if you admit those complaining about exp. share (which I love the way it is now) and mega evos basically didn't think to not use them? It would affect those of us who do enjoy those features.

Though i would love an add on with these games what else can they add that isnt already on the 3ds?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The Wireless adapter, while it was initially introduced, released, and bundled with Pokemon FRLG, is not exclusive for those games alone. You could say that the accessory was best promoted with FRLG because Pokemon is a popular franchise.

Pokewalker may be technically considered a remake of the pedometer/virtual pet toy, Pokemon Pikachu GS, which was released back in Gen 2, and can communicate with GSC through Mystery Gift. With the Global Link offering countless possibilities and methods of obtaining Poikemon, and 3DS having a pedometer function, I don't think we'll get another similar gimmick.

Back in Gen 3, the Japanese got the e-Reader. It's a GBA peripheral that lets you scan special cards that let's you unlock stuff in games. Various e-cards were released, one of which is the Eon Ticket for RS. The closest thing we have for the 3DS are the AR Cards. So, you can go ahead and speculate if physical copies of the game would come bundled with an AR Card that could unlock tickets to the event islands.

That could also work.
But considering that they plan on releasing it next year, obviously it can't be bundled with ORAS.

The Mustache

Do you think Steve will be the champion? Or will it be Wallace? I think of it as a big question since emrald came after (I was really expecting this to be a sequel but... oh well...)

R_N

Steven offers more variety and its a RS Remake, not an Emerald one.

Wallace never really added anything as a champion, honestly. Well, maybe if they made him, like involved. Steven still had all his RS moments even in Emerald which was weird.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I'm not sure that would work very well with Pokemon (or any kind of RPG whatsoever). Depends on what kind of data is transferred between games.

I agree, but pokemon does have a lot of potential for the figurines, what with all the licensed characters. I could definitely see Nintendo pushing pokemon as a frontrunner for that product. I could see the data transfer working well with taking pokemon and player data from a main series game and putting it onto a console game similar to Battle Revolution, perhaps unlocking more perks and features than a simple wireless transfer. But that's neither here nor there.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Steven offers more variety and its a RS Remake, not an Emerald one.

Wallace never really added anything as a champion, honestly. Well, maybe if they made him, like involved. Steven still had all his RS moments even in Emerald which was weird.

To be fair, Iris and Diantha weren't very involved either.

R_N

To be fair, Iris and Diantha weren't very involved either.

yeah but BW2 didn't have, say, Alder still going through all his motions despite being replaced.
That's what I'm talking about. You could have hotswapped Steven's moments for Wallace

Zbger

Fiery Blaze Lucario
yeah but BW2 didn't have, say, Alder still going through all his motions despite being replaced.
That's what I'm talking about. You could have hotswapped Steven's moments for Wallace

It would be nice if we had specific gym leaders for each version and/or specific champions

AND PLEASE NO MORE VERSION SPECIFIC POKEMON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R_N

It would be nice if we had specific gym leaders for each version and/or specific champions

AND PLEASE NO MORE VERSION SPECIFIC POKEMON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Version specific pokemon is literally the entire point of having versions

Snivy18

I actually like version specific Pokemon--they should add Pokemon from 4th and 5th that can be obtainable also, but mostly I hope they add Pokemon Swarms so that these Pokemon CAN be obtainable.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Not to mention that it's easier than ever to get the non-version pokemon with GTS and online forums. Even with GTS being as screwed up as it is, if you're to put a Clauncher up and ask for a Skrelp, odds are you'll get it within 24 hours or so.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
The thing with X/Y is that it was you who has the decision to make the game easier or harder for you. The Exp Share is a key item to all this by being a key item in the games and affecting all Pokemon in the team if turned on. This makes the game easier. If you decide to keep it off, then it's harder. I really like this change and want to see it again in OR/AS.

It wasn't just exp share but the gym leaders were easy to beat, and the people in the elite four had four pokemon.

Last edited:

shadowF

when will we receive more news from pokemon oras? like is there a convention coming up? or will it be from the next corocoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.