1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your 'native' difficulty?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Night_Walker, Jan 9, 2013.

?

What is your 'native' difficulty?

1. Easy

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Normal

32 vote(s)
    59.3%
  3. Hard

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Hardest

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Night_Walker

Night_Walker Well-Known Member

As I'm doing a Halo series playthrough and restarted due to realising I wasn't playing at the difficulty level I normally do I just thought I'd ask what is your 'native' setting?

By which I mean what level do you set your games to when you're not going for a difficulty related achievement or tying to challenge yourself.

I tend to go to Normal, as while I can do Hard/Heroic it does lead to bad rage moments for me once in a while. That said once I've gone through a game on Hard/Heroic and go back to Normal I often find myself wishing there was something in between.

Anyhow over to you.

2. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

It varies by game. Sometimes easy is just too easy. I'm an unbelievably reckless player, though, too.

3. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

Easy. I want to be able to see the entire game without getting stuck in particularly difficult sections.

Once I beat I can start again on progressively higher difficulties for both a challenge and a little more replay value.

4. [SwiftRage]

[SwiftRage] Member

Usually go for the hardest difficulty, I like a challenge.

5. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

I start out easy and turn up the difficulty once I know what I'm facing.

6. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

It varies but usually Hard. Sometimes the hardest difficulty is downright brutal.

7. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I play on Normal since I figure that's how the game was intended to be played and then Hard after if I feel like a replay.

8. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

Hardest since playing on anything else makes you a filthy casual.

9. GravityStorm

GravityStorm Got it memorized?

I usually go normal for games/series/genres I've never played before and go with the hardest or second hardest (to save the hardest for a replay) on games I'm more familiar with.

10. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I usually play on Normal, but it can vary. I played on the hardest difficulty in Deus Ex because I felt it fit the game more.

11. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

It depends what game im plaing but I usually play on easy and keep going on gradually.

12. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Normal difficulty is my standard. Boring, I know. :/

13. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

Easy to expirence the story, then Legendary, then I'll lower it to Heroic.

14. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

Can you rephrase that in good game terms?

15. Pyroli

Pyroli Banned

I start on Normal, beat the game; then try Hard (usually only if there's an Achievement for beating the game on hard).

16. BritishLanguage

BritishLanguage I enjoy earth day

Usually, I play every game (barring Fallout: New Vegas, which I change throughout my 17 playthroughs) on Easy, as I'm not a great video gmae player.

17. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

Sorry OP said Halo but start on Easy, then after I beat campaign to hardest, then I go to Hard for subsequent playthroughs.

18. ForgottenPearl

ForgottenPearl Well-Known Member

It depends. If you get something special for beating each difficulty, I start with Easy. If not, then I usually do Normal.

19. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Halo is a good game.

Oh wait I like a popular FPS looks like I've got **** tastes.

20. Pikasaur

Pikasaur The Original

Besides playing WWE games on hard, most times i play on normal