• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your 'native' difficulty?

What is your 'native' difficulty?

• Easy

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Normal

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Hard

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Hardest

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Rakurai

Normal, unless it's a series I'm very familiar with. Then I stick to hard or higher.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
RPGs - most difficult setting if the game offers it
everything else that I can think of - easy

PsychicPsycho

It's hard for me to say- the difficulty path I choose flies around sometimes, depending on how comfortable I'm feeling with the game. Probably the most frequent path starts with normal, then I increase difficulty one level in each subsequent playthrough until all difficulties are beaten.

Sometimes I'll start with hard, though, and other times I'll start with normal and jump right to very hard.

For playthroughs of games I've already beaten on the hardest difficulty...it's hard to say because I don't usually replay stuff. Probably a toss up between normal and hard.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Halo: Heroic
Kingdom Hearts: Proud
Skyrim/Oblivion: Master

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I always start in normal, but I some time I change if the game is easy or viticulture in normal

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
normal, if i feel confident enough i will replay a game on hard difficulty.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
For me, my "native" difficulty, is always Normal. Because it seems if I do easy, it's too easy XD If I do hard or the hardest difficulty, it's too hard! However in some cases, I may play a game that has a Hard mode that's somehow easier than Easy. x)

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I play just about every game I own on hard...if it has a hard difficulty. If it does not have a hard difficulty, I make it HARD.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
if its a game I'm really good at then I will go for a harder difficulty. (like pokemon. I like to make that crap as hard as I possibly can. XDD)

otherwise, I just stick to normal.

I'm TRYING critical mode on Kingdom hearts 3D. I'm not getting no where with that ****. Its irritating how quickly I die. I can't take ANYTHING. @.@

I'm stuck on the 3-4th bosses right now.

Its definatly possible, but I just don't think I'll ever get through it.

****, how the hell do I expect to be Xemnas who I had trouble with on NORMAL? ;___________;

Aurath8

I usually go on normal as I like to see it as the intended difficulty. Only very few games I play actually have difficulty modes anyway: only Ratchet and Clank, Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus Uprising and Minecraft come to mind. I normally play Ratchet and Clank on Easy and then hard on subsequent playthroughs. I'll probably won't ever replay through Hero Mode in Skyward Sword except for the nostalgia as the main game had near-perfect difficulty for me in terms of puzzles(combat is easy). KI:U technically has 91 different diffculty levels but I average 4.5 out of 9, so normal I guess. I play Peaceful on Minecraft because exploring caverns is hell with every hostile mob in the game only several steps away.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
I've taken to always doing the hardest difficulty possible right at the start of the game, even if I have no clue what I'm doing.

...This has come back to bite me rather severely in the cases of both Kid Icarus: Uprising and Batman: Arkham City.

Good thing I'm so stubborn, or I may not have wasted numerous attempts fighting Mr. Stupid Hammer.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Mostly normal. I rarely play on hard and higher. Only when a game is just too easy. I don't want to frustrate myself too much.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I usually play the game on easy a few times to get the feel for it, then. Go progressively higher in difficulty.

Aegon

I always choose Normal if it's my first playthrough of a game, and usually increase the difficulty if I play it a second time.

Serebii!

Normal, even though it can still be quite easy it is always the difficulty I choose the first time I play through any game

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
First time round I ALWAYS go for the easiest difficulty.

I see absolutely no reason to make things harder for myself. I'm not one of those guys who thinks games have to be challenging to be engaging. I can enjoy them a lot more if I can breeze through them no problem.