• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

armaldo or aggron??

• armaldo

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • aggron

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

Houka

I like Victreebel but since ya can't catch it Exeggutor is a better pick out of the two ya got available. Nothing wrong with Oddish but it kinda lack in offensive attacks out side of draining Grass moves. Well do have Pares too decent but it's mostly physical with some status attack plus not a good Pokemon up again Fire, Flying, Rock, or Ice. Ya me the welcome to pick whom ya want to try out. Grass types are a bit tricky as they tend to be statues conficters with some exceptions, but gen 1 doesn't really have any real good ones.

shillboi

Pokemon Emerald team help

So I have decided to play Emerald again but I havent played this game a whole lot so im wondering what pokemon would complete my team? you can take out pokemon you wouldnt use too.

Current team:

Combusken
Gardevoir
Lombre
Lairon
Swablu

I just entered Fortree City, and was thinking Salamence, Flygon, or even Absol.

Thanks for input!!! ;334;;373;;282;

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So I have decided to play Emerald again but I havent played this game a whole lot so im wondering what pokemon would complete my team? you can take out pokemon you wouldnt use too.

Current team:

Combusken
Gardevoir
Lombre
Lairon
Swablu

I just entered Fortree City, and was thinking Salamence, Flygon, or even Absol.

Thanks for input!!! ;334;;373;;282;

Salamence would be the strongest with 600 BST but takes a while to evolve Bagon especially as you need Waterfall to access the area with Bagon in Meteor Falls. You can get a Trapinch from the desert and evolve it. Absol would be the closest to you. Maybe Absol?

epicgordan

Salamence would probably be preferred for the postgame (since you cannot catch Bagon until after you have obtained all 8 badges anyways), but not in the main campaign. Flygon would make for an excellent choice had you caught Trapinch at the earliest opportune moment. And while he may need some TM help, Absol would probably be the best offensive Pokémon to round up your party as well as cover your weakness (though to be fair, I pretty much always used Linoone as the "sixth Pokémon" due to the ever useful Pickup ability).

Theo-92

So trying to get a Lucky Egg on Fire Red. How long has this taken for anyone else so I can get a rough estimate on how much time it will take?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So trying to get a Lucky Egg on Fire Red. How long has this taken for anyone else so I can get a rough estimate on how much time it will take?

I really can't give you a time, as you're going to be basicly going for a Pokemon with a 1% chance to appear and hope that it has an item that only 5% chance of it being held.. That is of course you can even catch it.

You can "force" the timer to pause by just turning in place. This means you could jsut get to a Chansey area and the "spin" in place until you get a Chansey. You'll need to exit to find out if you've gotten a Lucky egg.

If I had to guess, it could take 10 minutes to several weeks, to try to get it.

Hatching Chansey Eggs won't work as they don't get held items.

I got mine from Pokémon XD which is about 100 in-game hours to do, but if you don't have all the hardware required, it could be longer.

Kalosian

So long
Can you rebattle the Frontier Brains after the Gold Symbol matches?
Yes. You will then get to battle them both on their Silver and Gold matches, with their Silver and Gold teams. For example, after you have beaten Anabel for the Gold Symbol and lose or reset your streak, you will get to rebattle her on the 35th battle where she uses her Silver Team, and on the 70th battle where she uses her Gold Team.

In addition to this, you will also get to rebattle at least some of the Frontier Brains at matches after their Gold battles. I am not completely sure but I do believe it will happen 5 "rounds" after their Gold battle, so you'll get to rebattle Anabel again on the 105th battle, for instance. I tested this myself once and got to face Tucker at the end of the 15th round in the Battle Dome. Though I'm not sure if this applies to all of the Frontier Brains.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
Note: I am posting my question in this thread, but please move it if there is a preferred place for questions like these.

I purchased a copy of LeafGreen from Target when it was released back in 2004, and have played through and enjoyed the game multiple times on both my GBA and GBA SP. Earlier this month I picked the game up again to start a new playthrough in my spare time, and when I booted it up I discovered that my previous save file had been wiped. The game displayed the statement: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed" upon clicking on the start new game button.

Interestingly, the game loaded a new file just as normal, with Oak appearing and asking for both me and my rival's names. However, once the game started and I attempted to save my file, the following message appeared: "Save error. Please exchange backup memory." And the game would not save my file.

I thought maybe the connectors were a bit dirty so I removed the circuit board and cleaned them with some isopropyl alcohol, but the same messages keep appearing when I try to start a new game and save my file. There appears to be a bit of corrosion on a couple of the pins which I could not remove.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue, or know of an easy fix for this problem? I am hoping my cart is not a total loss.

Thanks for your help!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Note: I am posting my question in this thread, but please move it if there is a preferred place for questions like these.

I purchased a copy of LeafGreen from Target when it was released back in 2004, and have played through and enjoyed the game multiple times on both my GBA and GBA SP. Earlier this month I picked the game up again to start a new playthrough in my spare time, and when I booted it up I discovered that my previous save file had been wiped. The game displayed the statement: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed" upon clicking on the start new game button.

Interestingly, the game loaded a new file just as normal, with Oak appearing and asking for both me and my rival's names. However, once the game started and I attempted to save my file, the following message appeared: "Save error. Please exchange backup memory." And the game would not save my file.

I thought maybe the connectors were a bit dirty so I removed the circuit board and cleaned them with some isopropyl alcohol, but the same messages keep appearing when I try to start a new game and save my file. There appears to be a bit of corrosion on a couple of the pins which I could not remove.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue, or know of an easy fix for this problem? I am hoping my cart is not a total loss.

Thanks for your help!

Sounds like the Flash Memory chip has died. GBA games used a Flash Memory chip which is basicly like a USB pen drive, to save the games, while having a second chip with the ROM with the game on it.

It's not good, it could well be terminal. The good news is that it is possible to replace the offending part. However the Availability of parts will be an issue.

EDIT: I've done a little extra research. Most of the games that appear to be making this Message are due to save file settings not being 128k within Emulators. Due to Serebii forum Rules I am not allowed to discuss emulators.

Last edited:

Towterra

Generation 3 Games (FR/LG/R/S/E) Best Electric and Ice Type

Hi guys, can you suggest the best non-legendary Electric or Ice-type Pokemon that can be used in Gen 3 games? Thank you! :D

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Hi guys, can you suggest the best non-legendary Electric or Ice-type Pokemon that can be used in Gen 3 games? Thank you! :D

I'd say Jolteon as an electric type. For Ice types I'd say Lapras or Jynx, depending on what you want it to do.

Houka

So I'm guessing Leaf Green/Fire Red as those poke aren't obtainable in Ruby/Sapphire but those choices would be good. It would depend on your play style. Jolteon is good but lacks diversity Raichu or eletricbuzz just have better uses for me but that's up to ya.

Feline

Why?
My team on Emerald is currently Pelliper, Weezing, Ryhorn, Pikachu, Breloom, and Torkoal.
I'm currently thinking about replacing:
-Weezing with Girafarig
-Pikachu with Manectric.
What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

gold55803

What is the best Electric type pokemon?

what electric pokemon is the best in gen three? I am currently using a raichu, but I'm not sure if it is my best option. Any help would be appreciated.

loumast

Made this account to ask one question. Does anyone have information regarding the Firered and Leafgreen hidden item tomfoolery? If there is a better place to post this let me know.

I am really desperate to get some information here. Basically, and I don't know if this happens anywhere else, but in mt. moon and both underground paths, there are supposed to be hidden items, but they don't actually appear until after something. I think it's supposed to be the vs. seeker for the mt. moon ones and then S.S. Ann for the NS underground tunnel and then Rocket game corner for the EW one. If this happens anywhere else I have no clue. But I'm just ooking for informaion to better pinpoint when this happens and, well, anything else I can find out about this.

genwinner

HM 06: Blast
what electric pokemon is the best in gen three? I am currently using a raichu, but I'm not sure if it is my best option. Any help would be appreciated.

Pikachu with Light Ball is very potent, and Jolteon is notable as being one of the fastest pokemon in the game. Raikou is probably similar to Jolteon, but I haven't looked into it in depth to be able to say. Magneton is incredibly tanky, and a great choice imo. I really want to recommend volt absorb Lanturn, but I don't think I can, since its stats are so low. It's a great pokemon, just not very versatile. I keep trying to fit it into my battle tower team, but can't because it gets wrecked by the earthquake Skarmory that it ought to be able to be a counter for.

Made this account to ask one question. Does anyone have information regarding the Firered and Leafgreen hidden item tomfoolery? If there is a better place to post this let me know.

I am really desperate to get some information here. Basically, and I don't know if this happens anywhere else, but in mt. moon and both underground paths, there are supposed to be hidden items, but they don't actually appear until after something. I think it's supposed to be the vs. seeker for the mt. moon ones and then S.S. Ann for the NS underground tunnel and then Rocket game corner for the EW one. If this happens anywhere else I have no clue. But I'm just ooking for informaion to better pinpoint when this happens and, well, anything else I can find out about this.

That's really interesting, I've never heard of this before! I would have assumed that the triggers would be gaining the itemfinder, unlocking the island trade machine, or getting the island SS Anne ticket. I'll have to look into it.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Is shiny hunting by buying pokemon from the Game Corner a separate method with different odds? Or is it just another method of full odds hunting?