• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

armaldo or aggron??

• armaldo

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • aggron

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

BlackHorseGamer

The Dodgers Guy
FRLG: Erik and Sarah

One thing I can't help but notice about Fire Red and Leaf Green is the guy in Fuscia City named Erik looking for his girlfriend Sarah, who's looking for him in one of the Safari Zone's houses. And between going back and forth between them, the player doesn't tell either one where the other is.

Is it possible to reunite them, or is it just something that has no bearing on the course of the game that no one ever speaks of?

Aquarelle

Staff member
One thing I can't help but notice about Fire Red and Leaf Green is the guy in Fuscia City named Erik looking for his girlfriend Sarah, who's looking for him in one of the Safari Zone's houses. And between going back and forth between them, the player doesn't tell either one where the other is.

Is it possible to reunite them, or is it just something that has no bearing on the course of the game that no one ever speaks of?
There’s no way to reunite them. They’re just two NPCs who don’t affect anything about the story, and are just there to offer you a laugh.

BlackHorseGamer

The Dodgers Guy
There’s no way to reunite them. They’re just two NPCs who don’t affect anything about the story, and are just there to offer you a laugh.
Oh well that seems intentionally misleading.

Could've been the Origin of a Kafei/Anju sidequest if they had given them any backstory at all.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Dry Battery RNG Help

Hi all! I am after some help regarding dry battery games(Ruby in this case) and shiny hunting. I know that you can't find SR shinies unless you have an early frame, so after about ~100 resets you make a new file until the shiny starter or shiny poocyhena confirms you do. My question is, is it possible to hunt for random encounter shinies on dry battery games? In addition, could I do this on a file where I was able to get the shiny starter? I've searched the internet but found conflicting information regarding this.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hi all! I am after some help regarding dry battery games(Ruby in this case) and shiny hunting. I know that you can't find SR shinies unless you have an early frame, so after about ~100 resets you make a new file until the shiny starter or shiny poocyhena confirms you do. My question is, is it possible to hunt for random encounter shinies on dry battery games? In addition, could I do this on a file where I was able to get the shiny starter? I've searched the internet but found conflicting information regarding this.

It is still possible to find random encounter shinies in dry Ruby/Sapphire, even on the save where you found your early frame shiny starter. It will be better to do so on the save where you found your early frame starter so that you could soon find a shiny after you've just booted or SR'd your game.

ArcanineRaichu77

It is still possible to find random encounter shinies in dry Ruby/Sapphire, even on the save where you found your early frame shiny starter. It will be better to do so on the save where you found your early frame starter so that you could soon find a shiny after you've just booted or SR'd your game.

Thanks so much! I really want to BQ this game :) So it's only SR shinies that are affected?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks so much! I really want to BQ this game :) So it's only SR shinies that are affected?

It should apply to both SR and RE shinies in dry Ruby and Sapphire.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Thanks for the help! I have another question, can I catch Pokerus on my dry Emerald?
I think so, I'm 99% sure I got my current Pokerus on Emerald after its battery died*.

*Looking through the old recent happenings thread, I noticed I had gotten the Pokerus on my main Emerald in 2015, over a year after my battery died. I assume I got Pokerus after the battery died, since I fought a bunch of wild Pokemon after the battery died and while I didn't notice that I had the Pokerus right away, I don't think I went a whole year+ without noticing.

ArcanineRaichu77

Awesome! Thanks guys :) I'm working on completing the frontier in Emerald so Pokerus would help!
EDIT: I've been doing SR's for Treecko on my dry Sapphire, I'm up to 3300 SR's. Does it matter how fast or slow I do the SR's? I'm worried about hitting the same frames on each file and never getting my shiny.

Last edited:

Schwif

Yo, help me choose a fighting type pokemon for my team in emerald , Hariyama, Breloom or Machoke, I think breloom right?

ArcanineRaichu77

Yo, help me choose a fighting type pokemon for my team in emerald , Hariyama, Breloom or Machoke, I think breloom right?
If you want the extra grass type STAB, go with Breloom. However, it has quite a few weakeness compared to Hairyama, who has good HP. So if you like the extra grass typing, pick Breloom. If ya just want a good fighting type go with Hariyama :)

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
Competitive team

Okay so I've been fairly new to the competitive side of pokemon and I thought I'd start with my favorite gen. I'm not married to anything here, but I've done some research. This will mainly be for battles with friends and orre colloseum in XD. The team I have so far (meaning what I've researched haven't actually bred them yet.) Double battles mainly btw.

Slaking - Adamant ATK/SPD EV spread item not sure yet attacks also not sure

Blissey - mainly for tank/ skill swap for truant with slaking.

Breloom -spore / focus punch combo

Weezing - will-o-wisp, pain split, explosion, and rest

Metagross - special attack coverage

Crobat - mean look, whirlwind, confuse ray, toxic.

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions/etc. As I said I'm not married to any of them, but have put in a good amount of effort researching. Please go easy as this is my first competitive team build.

ArcanineShrine014029

If there's a Battle Frontier help thread already, can someone direct me to it ?
In Emerald, I've obtained all of the Gold Symbols save for the Battle Factory. I feel as though the Gold Knowledge Symbol will be too time-consuming to obtain because of how unpredictable the Factory is, given the randomness of the Pokemon you are offered to build a team with at first and the fact that you can really encounter anything.

My dilemma though is that I've gotten 41 wins in a row, but on that run I lost to the Factory Head. I think I lucked out and got good enough Pokemon to keep a win streak, but did not predict that Noland would have a Slaking with flamethrower on it. Goodbye Scizor.

Should I keep going and try to get to a 42 win streak? If there's anyone who's gotten 42 wins, how long did it take you?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Emerald, I've obtained all of the Gold Symbols save for the Battle Factory. I feel as though the Gold Knowledge Symbol will be too time-consuming to obtain because of how unpredictable the Factory is, given the randomness of the Pokemon you are offered to build a team with at first and the fact that you can really encounter anything.

My dilemma though is that I've gotten 41 wins in a row, but on that run I lost to the Factory Head. I think I lucked out and got good enough Pokemon to keep a win streak, but did not predict that Noland would have a Slaking with flamethrower on it. Goodbye Scizor.

Should I keep going and try to get to a 42 win streak?
Definitely try to aim for a 42 win streak if you really want that Gold Knowledge Symbol. Eventually and hopefully you should be able to beat Noland for the Gold Knowledge Symbol. Also remember to swap often to get powerful Pokémon for later matches, especially Legendaries.

ArcanineShrine014029

Thank you for the encouragement, Mega Altaria! On the upside, the Factory has taught me to see the value of unconventional and unorthodox movesets, like Feraligatr with Rain Dance, Nidoqueen with special attack moves, etc. I'll post on the Recent Happenings thread if I finally get that Gold Symbol, which will get me to a gold trainer card.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I'm currently playing emerald and I am trying to do every rematch possible with Match call for all the trainers. For the most part getting the rematchs arent that hard just leave and reenter the route until the Pokeball symbol appears but i noticed when it comes to non route areas such as Petalburg woods, Mt.Chimney, Jagged Pass, and Abandoned Ship etc. that the rematches seem to take MUCH longer to appear upon leaving and re entering the area it literally took me HOURS just to get one rematch while a trainer on a route takes me about 5-10 minutes of reentering a route. So my question is there a way to speed this process up? Is there a guranteed way to trigger a rematch?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So my question is there a way to speed this process up? Is there a guranteed way to trigger a rematch?
There aren't really any guaranteed ways to speed it up or guarantee a rematch however there are alternate ways to trigger rematches by having Trainers call you, especially having a Lightning Rod Pokémon in the first slot to increase the frequency of calls, and Trainers may like to rematch you by calling or to call your desired Trainers, which may or may not trigger a rematch.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
There aren't really any guaranteed ways to speed it up or guarantee a rematch however there are alternate ways to trigger rematches by having Trainers call you, especially having a Lightning Rod Pokémon in the first slot to increase the frequency of calls, and Trainers may like to rematch you by calling or to call your desired Trainers, which may or may not trigger a rematch.
Thank you but no luck. Ive been trying forever to get the people in the Abandoned ship to rebattle me but nothing :/