• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspie3000

Well I think the only problem is that introduceing pokemon to the wild would throw the ecosystem out of whack, but I can't see any other problem, yes bad people would get pokemon but for every criminal there would be five more everyday good sumaritans to counter them. And plus you can kill most pokemon by just shooting them. The question of what if pokemon existed has always fascinated me, I like to think about where certain ones will live like Magmar in the volcanos in Hawaii Mew in south America, Gyrados in the Atlantic, assuming pokeballs exist I am sure they would have a Pokemon league of some sort.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I don't know about a Pokemon League. In real life, dog fighting is considered animal abuse, and it's illegal.
And in real life, if a fire Pokemon were to attack a plant with Flamethrower, it would burn up!
So, no. That wouldn't happen unless the whole world also followed the laws of the anime in that nobody actually gets seriously injured...

aspie3000

I don't know about a Pokemon League. In real life, dog fighting is considered animal abuse, and it's illegal.
And in real life, if a fire Pokemon were to attack a plant with Flamethrower, it would burn up!
So, no. That wouldn't happen unless the whole world also followed the laws of the anime in that nobody actually gets seriously injured...

These are pokemon we're talking about, I'm assuming this post is talking about if pokemon just appeared out of no where and just began existing, the world would know from the cartoons and video games that pokemon are meant for battling and it would be legal and no where in any form of pokemon does a grass pokemon just die from one flamethrower attack remember these are pokemon they are meant to take flamethrower attacks and not die.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
We've been talking about it in this thread in a realistic sense the whole time. Have you not read the previous posts? This is why we were talking about how bad the world would be, and how they would be used for weapons.
How could they be used for weapons if they weren't dangerous?
If Pokemon appeared in our world, it would be impossible for them to 'take a flamethrower and not die'
Pokemon exist in a fictional world.
This is NOT a fictional world.

Anyway, I believe we were addressing both; if Pokemon just appeared, or if they were always here.

aspie3000

Yeah I've read the previous posts and I stand by what I said and we are talking about if pokemon where real, and even though we are talking about it in a realistic fashion we are still talking about pokemon which battle and faint. If you can show me one place where a grass pokemon dies from one flamethrower I would like to know. If we were going by a purely realistic stance it would be impossible for a rattata to use bubble beam, for pokemon to evolve, for a pokemon like grimer to be made completely of sludge with no water or organs or any life giving properties.

Humanity would be pushed to the brink of extinction, if not completely wiped out. Its obvious things like Charizard or Rhydon could rip a man apart, but even the smaller Pokemon would be deadly monsters, the likes of which we haven't seen for millions of years.

Imagine a little Weedle. Not nearly as weak as you'd like to think. A solid foot of chitinous armor plates paired with two several inch long razor tipped poison stingers, each bloated with enough toxins to kill a fully grown adult. Even worse is its terrifying String Shot. A quick burst of it will leave you pinned to a tree, helpless as it liquefies your muscles with its poisons then proceeds to slowly eat you alive. If you try and run, it can track you down with its hyper-sensitive nose.

Pretty much any Pokemon besides Magikarp can kill you in 20 different ways. I like knowing in our world that rats die in traps. In the Pokemon world they're 40 pounds and as big as a child. I don't think Humans could evolve in a Pokemon world, unless early on they partnered with them.

Dark Eevee

Pretty much any Pokemon besides Magikarp can kill you in 20 different ways. I like knowing in our world that rats die in traps. In the Pokemon world they're 40 pounds and as big as a child. I don't think Humans could evolve in a Pokemon world, unless early on they partnered with them.
Magikarp jumps out of the water using Splash and breaks your neck.

aspie3000

Humanity would be pushed to the brink of extinction, if not completely wiped out. Its obvious things like Charizard or Rhydon could rip a man apart, but even the smaller Pokemon would be deadly monsters, the likes of which we haven't seen for millions of years.

Imagine a little Weedle. Not nearly as weak as you'd like to think. A solid foot of chitinous armor plates paired with two several inch long razor tipped poison stingers, each bloated with enough toxins to kill a fully grown adult. Even worse is its terrifying String Shot. A quick burst of it will leave you pinned to a tree, helpless as it liquefies your muscles with its poisons then proceeds to slowly eat you alive. If you try and run, it can track you down with its hyper-sensitive nose.

Assuming everything else that goes along with pokemon existing also exists people would capture pokemon of their own to defend themselves.

pokomum

I am fairly new to the forum thing and have read most of the posts here. I am thinking in the simplest of terms.
In the pokemon world, any argument is resolved with one pokemon pitted against the other who ever wins, wins the argument, with no loss of life. Surely this would make the world a much better place to be.
Looking at it strictly as to how things happen 'in game', wild pokemon are caught, run from or battled against with 'pet' pokemon kept safely in their balls. There is never really any human contact, as in battle.
So for me, if pokemon were real and we lived our lives with the pokemon world mind set, I think we would be in a much, much better place.

the-eagle

Breader
If pokemon existed, there would be less people on this planet. because the pokemon need space to.

I would love it, but I think the world would be complet different with pokemon. I don`t know how to explain it.

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
well, very many douchebags would use their pokemon like guns and knives, and the government would probably exploit the poor critters.
i would love if it would be like in the anime: the love between a pokemon and a human would be the most sacred thing in the world.
but that would probably never happen, since most douchebags would pretty much kill them just to make some god damn money.;396;

pokomum

well, very many douchebags would use their pokemon like guns and knives, and the government would probably exploit the poor critters.
i would love if it would be like in the anime: the love between a pokemon and a human would be the most sacred thing in the world.
but that would probably never happen, since most douchebags would pretty much kill them just to make some god damn money.;396;

Agreed. With the current human psyche you are right.

But if the human mindset was as it is in the game, and pokemon had existed since the dawn of time, then things would most likely be very different.

Nyarth

That's right!
If Pokemon were real...I'd quit school and try to become a Pokemon Master. xD

Giblepower

I'd either: Have a GARDEVOIR and have some action.......
Go on a pokemon journey. F%$# school.

Assuming everything else that goes along with pokemon existing also exists people would capture pokemon of their own to defend themselves.

If you want to look at it that way it took Ash just 4 episodes to get assaulted by a horrible swarm of razor bees. If it wasn't for cartoon logic and kid friendly animation him and his friends would have been gored to death on the spot.

Scary when you realize Beedrill is one of the weaker Pokemon.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
If pokemon existed in real life, in this world, they would likely be used as weapons. No one would listen to Ash and Brock's bleating about how pokemon should be loved and not used for fights (<- pokemon are never used for fights, ever /sarcasm).

The pokemon world only works the way it does (the majority of the pokemon respects pokemon and uses them only in regulated battles) because true evil is rare in it. Even Giovanni has been shown to have some good in him (ok, very little, but still). Most of the bad guys are actually good guys at heart, actual murder is unheard of, an entire city can be policed by a single officer on a motor cycle. Without a gun.

aspie3000

If pokemon existed in real life, in this world, they would likely be used as weapons. No one would listen to Ash and Brock's bleating about how pokemon should be loved and not used for fights (<- pokemon are never used for fights, ever /sarcasm).

The pokemon world only works the way it does (the majority of the pokemon respects pokemon and uses them only in regulated battles) because true evil is rare in it. Even Giovanni has been shown to have some good in him (ok, very little, but still). Most of the bad guys are actually good guys at heart, actual murder is unheard of, an entire city can be policed by a single officer on a motor cycle. Without a gun.
Yeah they would be used as weapons but then again it's like guns, just as many good citizens and military would have them as bad guys, plus your forgetting pokemon would not be as reliable as conventional weapons, a gun or a bomb beats a pokemon any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.