• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

just mew

swingswingswing! *shiny voice plays

wild CATERPIE appeared!
oh no.. shiny, and it is caterpie.. yes it is in awesome gold color.. but still a caterpie
oh wait and it evolves to a pink butterfree..
but it is male, male SHOULD NOT be pinky.. :eek:
catch it anyway

check stats..
ADAMANT NATURE
i literally facepalm'd

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
I think I will join in on this and start SRing for that totodile. I started a few months ago, but gave up.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Judgment Bidoof!
--------------------
Flareon @ Charcoal/Life Orb
Adamant
Reckless
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-???
-???

It's a shiny Flareon ;)

Zibdas

not bad
Talking to my friend on the phone, the line was REALLY distorted, and I heard he's dtrade me a pass for my Dialga.
I agreed.
In the trade, I just kept clicking A....
It was Probopass. o_O

Black Inc.

No pasa nada.
I got lucky and found a wild Whimsicott in Pinwheel Forest in a grass shaking spot. I tried to catch it since there's only a 5% chance of finding one. I almost lost to it since it kept spamming Leech Seed and Mega Drain. Once I used my only Revive, I accidently fainted it, so I shut my game off in order to get my items back.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Teaching my level 100 Swampert Dive, Waterfall, Surf, and Strength. I knew nothing about moves when I was younger. As you can imagine, my swampert got swept by any grass type.

Firebrand

Indomitable
It's happened to me twice, both times because I was training low level pokemon in a high level area, and I had status conditions. Note to self... a level 34 does not belong in Giant Chasm, type advantage or not.

BlackZero707

Make it rain. Av^Av^
I was running around with only a level 1 Litwick for Flame Body and had 5 eggs. Long story short, I looked away for a bit and went in the grass. Litwick was destroyed by a Blitzle.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
I was running around with only a level 1 Litwick for Flame Body and had 5 eggs. Long story short, I looked away for a bit and went in the grass. Litwick was destroyed by a Blitzle.

Epic fail. Same thing happened to me except with a level 1 larvesta and an audino.

kadabra spoon

Silver Emerald...
Catching a feebas in pearl.
Not knowing how to evolve it and gave it away...
Friend told me how to do it and wouldn't trade back *facepalm*

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Now that I am awake, back to Axew.
I just want to let everyone know please refrain from one sentence posts because one its anoying, two its a waste of a post and the thread will close do to no one in the thread is listening to the rules....

Anway back on topic, I have least hatched 100 eggs last night and no shiny feebas yet. I think it may be awhile until it hatches but Im not gunna give up. This little guy should hatch soon enough though. I hatched at least 1400 eggs now. Good luck everyone on the shiny hunts, and congrats on the new shinies. I hope to see shiny feebas shine soon so I can start on my next target shiny litwick...

Last edited:

Jeshika

:eek:

This must be like the only shiny thread i've not posted in yet, so I guess I should. I've still not caught a shiny in any game, am working on kangaskhan using MM in Black (Kangaskhan is the only foreign pokemon I have, I don't really want one) and am at roughly 4 boxes full so far. ):

I have a whole list of shinies I really want from diamond/platinum, but not sure i'll have the patience to try for them as i'm rubbish at radaring and usually break my chain at around 15-20.

Just wondering, would people prefer to hatch eggs (non-Masuda Method) or hope for a random encounter shiny on black and white? I can't really decide which I want to do for Litwick, Cubchoo and Dieno. Breeding seems the simpler option, but random encounter seems less boring.

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
:eek:

This must be like the only shiny thread i've not posted in yet, so I guess I should. I've still not caught a shiny in any game, am working on kangaskhan using MM in Black (Kangaskhan is the only foreign pokemon I have, I don't really want one) and am at roughly 4 boxes full so far. ):

I have a whole list of shinies I really want from diamond/platinum, but not sure i'll have the patience to try for them as i'm rubbish at radaring and usually break my chain at around 15-20.

Just wondering, would people prefer to hatch eggs (non-Masuda Method) or hope for a random encounter shiny on black and white? I can't really decide which I want to do for Litwick, Cubchoo and Dieno. Breeding seems the simpler option, but random encounter seems less boring.

Hope something shows up for you soon. I am also kinda bad at chaining have obtained five Shinx and one Oddish through this method. Oddish came at a chain of seventeen so maybe you will get lucky as I did. I prefer random encounter on my White version, having a really bad run with MM up to 2,300 eggs with nothing. My last file had nine shiny with 45,000 RE so thought that was a decent number.

Electric

I really hope I get a shiny Cobalion for my birthday! Today is my birthday so that would be a nice present.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It would be mess up the story and would pull a Stars Wars déjà un vu effect with the story. There would have been people that said Lucario is a ripoff of Zoroark instead of the other way around and Pikachu would have been fan dubbed Marichu just like how Marill got that fan name when it appeared in the anime. There are more mess up facts that I could go on with more than two to three pages,but I decided to cut it short for now.My final verdict on this would be that I`m more fine with the way GameFreak made the games instead of having current Pokemon with Gameboy graphic sprites.

auryn

Eevee Breeder
If all you're wanting is a shiny, RE's work best if you're going for double grass Pokemon. That way it's almost double the chance. But MM'ing isn't hard to do. Foreign Pokemon are really common on the Global Trade Terminal.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
I don't think so. Why? Because real animals don't really have that either. I mean, if we're going to do a realistic phylogeny here, I think it's best to keep with the mix we have now. It seems more natural and it also means that the members who didn't do this at first don't have to go back and alter them as well. Overall, it's just time saving and more realistic to stay with what we already have.

That is a good point...coming up with different species names is part of the fun. And you're right, it is a bit more realistic.

nice tread sir

Scyther
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Insecta
Subclass: Pterygota
Infraclass: Neoptera
Superorder: Dictyoptera
Order: Mantodea
Family: Mantidae
Genus: Mantis
Species: lamina