• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakashima

Yeah I know the values are set after you release them, which is why I saved on the stairs right before you release them. And you only have to do Entei and Raikou. Suicune's values are set whenever you fight it in Kanto. I might just have to RNG them if this takes that long of time, but I haven't the slightest idea how to RNG. I guess I'll look it up on Smogon on something later...

EDIT: Thanks for the encouragement Rykerr! I hope they shine soon too... then I'll be able to get done with the rest of the main story. The only shiny left to SR after the beasts is Ho-oh, but that's not 'til a long time after the beasts. I really want to enjoy the story! And good luck with your hunts too! Aren't you going after Moltres?

Good luck Flydreigon! I'm SR'ing for the same two annoying targets =] You seem to be burning through the SR's though! Mine sometimes take up to 20 minutes before Im able to check both. Did you just hunt for a long time to reach those 30 SR's, or is your method so much different? It seems were doing it the same way from what youve described =o

NDStilly

It seems like everyone is using the Masuda Method on BW now that the odds are 1/1000andsomething. Is anyone else doing it the old fashioned way?

dan2point5

Guys, I'm having the most rediculous luck lately!

After hatching my shiny Charmander on monday I took a day break from MMing. Yesterday I stocked 150 bulbasaur eggs. Just now it hatched shiny after 144! I cant believe it! Honestly, this is crazy. Why couldnt Spinarak hatch after 2000?!?! haha.

Man I'm happy!

Qwertytroop

Strongest Charmander
I just found my Platinum in my basement! That means I can chain after I beat the game! I am so exited, I can barely contain myself! Just wanted to share

.: Uranus :.

I love steel types!
I must admit.. I have only ever gotten one shiny. It was a shiny Krabby in SS, and I have now EV trained it, and it's now level 100..

Unfortunately, I'm not too great at this shiny business. ;L

Nakashima

Guys, I'm having the most rediculous luck lately!

After hatching my shiny Charmander on monday I took a day break from MMing. Yesterday I stocked 150 bulbasaur eggs. Just now it hatched shiny after 144! I cant believe it! Honestly, this is crazy. Why couldnt Spinarak hatch after 2000?!?! haha.

Man I'm happy!

Darn you! =P Bulba is gnna be my next MM hunt hehe xD
Congrats though! Thats some amazing luck! Maybe you should get back to spinarak and see if it's gnna be affected by the lucky streak =]

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
i was able to get a shiny terrakion last night, adamant nature only.. but hey, it'll do.

im still waiting for some dw female 1st gen starters so i can get some cool dw shinies.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
i was able to get a shiny terrakion last night, adamant nature only.. but hey, it'll do.

im still waiting for some dw female 1st gen starters so i can get some cool dw shinies.
I'm STILL wondering why I didn't get my Muskateers shiny when I RNGed them....
Oh well.

Today I think I'm gonna get me a shiny flawless blissey, and then get my brothers a shiny, since its thier birthday week.

dan2point5

Darn you! =P Bulba is gnna be my next MM hunt hehe xD
Congrats though! Thats some amazing luck! Maybe you should get back to spinarak and see if it's gnna be affected by the lucky streak =]

Haha good idea! I'll start doing it again tonight. Although because I've just had 2 short hunts this will probably take another 2000+ lol.

Good luck on everyones hunts today!

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Still not having any luck SRing fossils. I'll probably get ten more done today, then move on. Good luck to everyone on their shiny hunts!

Arsène

Just use a Rock Polish set, it's so potent and you'll be outspeeding a good portion of the meta after a boost.

I'm still waiting for DW everything just so I can shiny 'em up and keep their competitive prowess. But I'll work on shinies in third generation for now Deoxys & Mew, to name a few.

And I've noticed the incessant arguing has been going on even when I'm not around, so I'll just leave this quote here:

Originally Posted by Pokemon Support Center
Pokemon obtained by manipulating the game's random number generator violate the spirit of the competition. However, as they are obtained in game, and all of the stats, nature, etc. are obtainable through standard game play, and are therefore permitted for use.

Considering the "spirit of the competition" is getting haxed to death at VGCs, I couldn't care less. It's legitimate in their eyes, and that's that.

Hoze

Under the Truck
I've only encountered one shiny in my pokemon career. It's a blue unown (D) that I named Trophi~ I really like it because it's noticably shiny andsort of rare. It can't be MMed and there's 27 other forms. It's too bad it's unusable in battle. After I finish playing through Leaf Green and Emerald, I might try chaining for a shiny shinx.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
It seems like everyone is using the Masuda Method on BW now that the odds are 1/1000andsomething. Is anyone else doing it the old fashioned way?

The masuda method is more reliable since gives you a 1/1366 chance of hatching a shiny pokémon, compared to the 1/8192 of randomly encountering shinies in the wild.
Of course, some people are also using the chaining method in DPPt.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Just recently got me a Shiny Flawless Bold Chansey.
Pretty good RNG there, only took me 30 minutes I think total.

Next RNG will be a Lapras and a Camerupt. My brothers favorite pokemon

After my black Haxorus shone it was such a rush, it was my first shiny hunt and i did it hatching the regular way and it totally paid off since it has great nature and ivs, after it i was left with the feeling of hunting for more shiny "sort of competitive" pokémon -at least the ones i really like- that is why now i'm going after golden Volcarona OMG i've never seen coolest bug pokémon ever and its golden wings makes it look Legend worthy

although i have a doubt, which is a better ability Flame body or is Swarm worth the wait for the DW release?

*IZ*

After my black Haxorus shone it was such a rush, it was my first shiny hunt and i did it hatching the regular way and it totally paid off since it has great nature and ivs, after it i was left with the feeling of hunting for more shiny "sort of competitive" pokémon -at least the ones i really like- that is why now i'm going after golden Volcarona OMG i've never seen coolest bug pokémon ever and its golden wings makes it look Legend worthy

although i have a doubt, which is a better ability Flame body or is Swarm worth the wait for the DW release?
Oh wow I thought I and Poke Cannon were the only ones that liked a Yellow Valcorona lol. Shiny Valcorona is my favorite pokemon. Good luck with your hunt and I like flame body for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.