• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Common Misconceptions.

A common misconception is that popular girls are mean. I'm popular and I'm not mean...I think a lot of people can just get mad at me and make things up because they might be jealous or something.

Not all popular kids are mean but the majority are. They tend to be judgemental and pick on the other students for not partaking in sex, drugs,etc.
I know this from personal experience. I once turned down a "popular" girl who inevitably wanted to have underage sex and she told all of her low IQ popular friends both female and male and they started saying I was gay. I was like "lolwut?"

Last edited:

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

CuriousHeartless

Hmm, then it seems that the word itself is the misconception. Maybe it should be called "red-blind" or something.
It's actually Red-Green Colorblindness. Yes, it has a name past just colorblindness, that would mean you have either no rods or cones (I can't remember which) nad can only register the light on something and no colors at all.

Just look at the way some humans act and tell me we're not animals. lol
Animalism is not based on personality! Seriously, even as a joke that is a failure because it's been so overdone it isn't funny. Humans are animals because we are motile, heterozygous, sexual, and multicellular. Those are the criteria for being an animal and humans fit all of them.

What!

Of course Pigs sweat or how else is it going to control their body temperature?

All Mammal sweat.

They wallow in something to reduce heat,, traditionally mud because that is easier to find on farms and in forests but they will wallow in water too. In fact, if you have a pet pig you're supposed to get it a small wading pool for it to wallow in because it can't sweat. And no, all mammals have hair at some point in their life-span, are warm-blooded, have mammary glands they use to feed their young, and are chordates. Tell me which of those means all of them sweat, please, because I can't see it.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
It's actually Red-Green Colorblindness. Yes, it has a name past just colorblindness, that would mean you have either no rods or cones (I can't remember which) nad can only register the light on something and no colors at all.

Remember, cones register color. Can't see color if you don't have cones.

And there are other types of colorblindness, too.

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
The people that lived in the US before immigrants came were not called Indians, but Native Americans. The origin of this misconception probably was because when Columbus came here unintededly, he thought he was in India, therefore called the people Indians.

Flame Mistress

Goldfish don't have memory spans of three seconds. They can remember stuff up to a whopping six months (which... still isn't that much).

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
The people that lived in the US before immigrants came were not called Indians, but Native Americans. The origin of this misconception probably was because when Columbus came here unintededly, he thought he was in India, therefore called the people Indians.

It's true that Columbus thought he was in India, but he didn't land on the North American continent proper - he ended up in the Bahamas. And the Native Americans didn't refer to themselves as such, since the name "America" didn't come into being until long after those people had settled there. Most of them called themselves "Our People" or something similar.

Mr.FusRoDah

Here's one: People think Humans are not animals.

But we are not, and the misconception of thinking we are leads to wars over "Which breed is better" and genocide, which Hitler did in fact do. We are not animals, there is no better race of human, no race of human that worse than the rest. We are human regardless. Besides, if humans were in fact animals, how come they have cloned chimpanzees, sheep, and even people's pets, but not humans?

Anyway, another misconception many have is thinking autistic people are retarded.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
But we are not, and the misconception of thinking we are leads to wars over "Which breed is better" and genocide, which Hitler did in fact do. We are not animals, there is no better race of human, no race of human that worse than the rest. We are human regardless. Besides, if humans were in fact animals, how come they have cloned chimpanzees, sheep, and even people's pets, but not humans?

Humans are animals. This has already been pointed out.

Humans are animals because we are motile, heterozygous, sexual, and multicellular. Those are the criteria for being an animal and humans fit all of them.

Look at any biological classification for humans and it'll tell you the same thing. But you are correct in that no race of people is inherently better or worse than any other. We are all the same species.

And humans haven't been cloned not because we aren't animals, but because doing so would create serious ethical, moral, and legal issues.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens

The reason humans haven't been cloned is because it raises severe ethical issues and science is obligated to follow a code of ethics.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Sharks can actually suffer from cancer. The misconception that sharks do not get cancer was spread by william lane's book (forgot the title) and used to sell extracts of shark cartilage as cancer prevention treatments.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
The first things that come to mind are....

Carrots don't make you see in the dark. Your eyesight will get poorer if you have a lack of carotene but if your eyesight is average then eating carrots won't really improve it much and it certainly won't allow you to see in the dark. (Is this a worldwide thing or just a UK thing?)

Our tongues don't have different parts that taste different tastes. IIRC, some parts sense different tastes like a fraction of a second earlier than other parts but still, all tongue parts taste all the tastes.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
It's okay to feed cats milk....but I think I heard it really make's them sick.

ebevan91

Not going through 8 pages, if it's been said already, I apologize.

"Wherefore art thou Romeo?" does NOT mean "Where are you Romeo?"

It means "WHY are you Romeo?", why is he a Montague basically.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
[SUP][/SUP]
It's okay to feed cats milk....but I think I heard it really make's them sick.

They can have a little every now and then and it won't kill them but if they have too much then they'll get the squits because they're stomachs can't digest it that well....

On a similar note, you shouldn't feed ducks white bread. It is unlikely to actually kill them as some people say but it fills thems up without giving them proper nutrients and can make them bloated as it swells up in their stomachs. Giving them brown bread is better.