• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dp143 & 144

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I'm really looking forward to those two episodes, especially that Kotone character.

However, in the previews, what's with the old man?!?

JD

Yes Its comfirmed I Hope Kotone is a breeder Instead of a cordinator it would be a nice change of pace ya know

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm really looking forward to those two episodes, especially that Kotone character.

However, in the previews, what's with the old man?!?

The old man has Kazunari clothes so it must be him having a image of him as a old man, when hes depressed about something like that.

As for Kotone i hope she his a pokethlon competitor.

Last edited:

HarukaShuuFan986

Ish stunned...
^What do you mean by replace?

Anyways Dawn will probably get Cyndaquil(At least that is what I hope)

dman_dustin

But htey did it in Kanot BF, didn't they? They still gave May a Squirtle. So maybe this time also we will see more from the starters.

I think they did that for convenience since they were at Professor Oak's lab with the starters.

And they don't need to advertise the starters constantly, Cyndaquil is more than enough.

I wonder if Cyndaquil will reveal any attacks during these two episodes. I think Extrasensory would be a neat attack for it to know (egg move in HGSS). Besides, have we even seen Extrasensory (or lately if we have)?

FlameRose

Did they replace May with Leaf? No. Why would they do it with Dawn, especially since it'll be way to short to truly give Kotone development, rivals, etc...? Just be glad she's appearing in more then a cameo, like Lucas and Brendan got, or not appearing at all, like Leaf has done...

BTW, Kotone and her Marill looked so cute in that one scene in the preview. <3 And I wonder..is Piplup jealous of Cyndaquil? Maybe we'll get some pseudo sibling rivalry with those two. :p

J-boogie200

After seeing Piplup pushing Cyndaquil in the preview, it is really hard to see it leaving the show, I mean it acts like a straight up human. Seriously.

Anyway, I really hope this Cyndaquil is Dawn's, it would be a let down if it isn't.

If Dawn gets a Cyndaquil, then unless it or Buneary evolves, Dawn really will have an unbalanced team.

A proud Penguin, an IceBeaming Bunny, an Electic Squirrel, a Fire Mouse, and last but not least, a Stubborn, yet caring Mammoth, seriously.

4 cuties and a huge beast. I love Dawn's team, but Dawn's best strategy, IMO, to use a team that she has, is to use Mamoswine as a secrete weapon. Seriously, both Kenny and Ursula saw it but didn't say anything about it.

So, it must not be a huge shocker for a girl like Dawn to have a Mamoswine.

With that said, if Zoey ever gets a Tyranitar, I won't be upset.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
So the starters are all showing up? I'll say Totodile for Kazunari, Chikorita for Kotone, and Cyndaquil for Dawn. Final thoughts. Also, with luck, Ash will catch Gible, but I highly doubt it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The summarys say that no need to predict Gallade :D, i still have many doubts about Ash getting Gible i just dont know how it would fit in the story right now and i fear like many others that it would be threated like Glalie(though i think they wont since Gible line has much more potential in my opinion) lets just wait for the next preview and hope it shows something interesting, or a new title with a new summary.

Waterpokes

Well, they must have learned from there mistakes and have it get Oak'd after it is captured. It's not like this:

"Yes, I captured Gible, let's drop Gliscor at Oak's!"

Now that I have cleared my mind about him getting one or not, I must say I'm against Ash catching it. I don't see why he should catch one right now. He has a team, they have gone through most of the region and gym leaders, and now he just wants a new one?

If it was more of Ash getting it because of Volkner, since he has two that is weak, I'm thinking sort of Paul-syndrome here. He captured that Azumarill against Roark. That is something Paul would do, not Ash would do.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Hey guys sorry if i'm just being stupid by asking this but isn't Dawn meant to be battling for an egg in one of these eps which we believe is cyndaquil??

And if so if we've seen a cyndaquil in the preview then either
a) something beside cyndaquil is in the egg.....very unlikely or
b) Dawn gets it and the egg hatches within one episode of it being gotten which i think is kind of strange

Waterpokes

But most people here says that it's Cyndaquil since it's in the picture and watching Dawn doing contests. Also because Totodille and Chikorita is in it.
Basically, because it's watching Dawn doing a contest.
Which makes me think of when Squirtle saw Espeon in the contest back in Saffron city.

shac

All things considered, what does the scene 'Ash throwing a pokeball' from the preview signifiy? Now that we have almost established that it's Dawn's cyndaquil, and probably the pokemon hatched from the egg, there is no chance for any of Ash's old roster to return, is there? Then why show that scene in the preview?

unless....(don't kick me, please?)

The egg was won by Kotone, and it was actually the Marill that hatched from it.
Ash indeed called upon his cyndaquill so as to advertise Johto starters, and to foreshadow that he will raise it up during the possible Johto battle frontier.
The cyndaquill remained to watch Dawn do contest....

..., and I am putting my sanity under gallows with this...

Cynda loves contest, and Mamo does not. SO.....another trade!!

Last edited:

Waterpokes

The last sentence should be vanished forever, Shac!
Not that I mean you should, because I think that what you said was good.
I could totally see that happen, except Ash switching Cyndaquil with Mamoswine.
They made a mistake with Ash trading Ambipom, like Dawn trained Buizel to use in the contests. Please, never let that happen, you know better then that.

JD

I dont think dawn will give ash mamoswine no she,s already really bonded with the biig thing but I cant wait to see how this cyndaquil will act. Hopefully like brave and jolly not like ash,s lazy one I wonder what moves cynda will use swift flamewheel?

Prof.Arete

chaos paradigm
Ok i'm just going to say what I said earlier, Within these two episodes I wouldn't be suprised to see Dawn catch both Cyndaquil and Chicorita. And just so he isn't left out although i find this unlikely, Brock may catch a totodile or magnemite. The magnemite the way he caught Zubat.

Waterpokes

Brock getting Totodille? That would be the same stupid mistake as him getting Mudkip.
Brock was treated bad in Hoenn and when he goes down, his Pokemon goes down.
This region has been better, but not flawless. If they want to showcast a Starter Pokemon, main protagonists, Ash and Dawn for the moment, would be the best.

And I'm 100% agree that Dawn should be able to get Chikorita.
And was Ash's Cyndaquil really that lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.