• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy1453

I am looking forward to this. We wanted a change in the game and it looks like they are giving it to us. I for one am excited and willing to give this a shot.
Stop hating it until you try it.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
As for their numbers I don't see many Pokemon getting Mega forms it would take a lot of resources to give them to most Pokemon so I'd say these will be given to more fan favorite Pokemon...

The thing is, if they simply pick and choose to give the form only to certain Pokémon, then it starts to look as if the games are favoring certain Pokémon over others. It just doesn't make sense to only give it to a few Pokémon, when part of the concept revolves around the idea that no Pokémon is really superior to others. So I foresee this being usable by most or all Pokémon.

Now a few things that do interest me are how the Mega Stones work. Are they one-time use items, or can you reuse ones you've already used? And how will it impact the Anime, having access to that kind of a power boost?

Last edited:

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
The thing is, if they simply pick and choose to give the form only to certain Pokémon, then it starts to look as if the games are favoring certain Pokémon over others. It just doesn't make sense to only give it to a few Pokémon, when part of the concept revolves around the idea that no Pokémon is really superior to others. So I foresee this being usable by most or all Pokémon.

And that's why all Pokemon have the same base stat tota--wait.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
And that's why all Pokemon have the same base stat tota--wait.

I'm well aware of the balancing issues. And yes, I agree that the games need to be rebalanced. But the fact of the matter is, if they only allow certain Pokémon to achieve this Mega Evolution form, then they're essentially emphasizing those Pokémon over the others. It doesn't really make sense to do this, unless you're trying to make the game like Dragonball Z.

I'm well aware of the balancing issues. And yes, I agree that the games need to be rebalanced. But the fact of the matter is, if they only allow certain Pokémon to achieve this Mega Evolution form, then they're essentially emphasizing those Pokémon over the others. It doesn't really make sense to do this
I noticed this and I agree with you. With the Mega Evolutions things are going to be unbalanced. Hopefully a good number of Pokemon receive them so it get somewhere near balanced.

unless you're trying to make the game like Dragonball Z.
I would so love that... ._.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
You can opt to Mega-Evolve when you choose a move. You can use the move you chose after you Mega Evolve too. From Pokejungle on the demo

Regality

Digital King
Which means that a potential Fire/Dragon MegaCharizard wouldn't help it at all.

And that MegaAbsols Magic Bounce would not help with entry hazards..

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
I'm actually shocked competitive players would be against Mega-Evolution. This could potential expand the kind of strategies and techs in a team

I'm a competitive player, and I'm actually pretty psyched for this, now. I want to see how this will change the metagame, even if it will break it.

(...Wow, just realized that I sound like Colress.)

What I MEAN is that I want to see how the competitive scene will change in reaction to these new Mega Evolutions, and what the competitive community will have to do in order to adapt to it.

They really need to make Aura Storm a real thing, with 100 bp and 10/10 pp 100% accuracy....make it use the Attack of Lucario and only affect the Sp.Def of the other Pokemon...the other way around of Psystrike.

I wouldn't say 100% accuracy. Skilled players with good aerial abilities can dodge it or at least avoid being hit by it long enough to cripple its potential. I say 95% accuracy. Or even 90%.

Yes. It looks so fake that I've come to belief that the so-called "artist" wasn't even trying.

I was referring to Scizor itself when I said "it looks like a Defiant Pokémon", not a potential MegaScizor. Also does everything have to focus on competitive battling? :U

Not "everything" focuses on it, but competitive battling IS a huge aspect of Pokémon.

You can opt to Mega-Evolve when you choose a move. You can use the move you chose after you Mega Evolve too. From Pokejungle on the demo

Shoot, I'll be somewhat annoyed if this is true. (How does PokeJungle know, by the way? Leakers?)

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
I think MegaArcanine would end up as more fluffy Fire/Flying shi-like being (Right now it is a shisa, there is a difference)

Anyway, it isn't too far-fetched as its Japanese name is Windie, after all.

If arcanine was to get a mega, I'd want it to be fire/ dragon...it learns plenty of dragon attacks already and it could go the ampharos route...

If arcanine was to get a mega, I'd want it to be fire/ dragon...it learns plenty of dragon attacks already and it could go the ampharos route...

Here's agreeing with you. Arcanine would be so beast as a Fire/Dragon. It's already loved by a good part of the fandom, if it got that I would love Gamefreak forever.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Status
Not open for further replies.