• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I just noticed that Mega Charizard loses its claws for...just three small nails.

Seismic Toss will look ridiculous. It needs to hug its opponent now.

No more ridiculous than Dodrio using Fly.

Not to mention, considering Charizard's volatile nature and the fact that he is kind of a dick, everyone will die.
Guys, we know how the series ends!!!
If everyone dies, Ash would die. So basically, everyone's childhood dream finally comes true.

Greekboy

I'm really happy with the new mega evolutions! My only problem is that Mega Charizard will surely boost the number of Charizard Elitists...

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I'm really happy with the new mega evolutions! My only problem is that Mega Charizard will surely boost the number of Charizard Elitists...

hmmm not me im fine with it. I dont care that it didnt get dragon as its second typing. o.e or are you saying it as a bad thing? im confused xD being im a huge charizard fan o-o

0danmaster0

you know not liking a design doesn't make you a genwunner. I think the design is terrible but I ain't a genwunner

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Why? it would just change back again...

Seriously, this^

MegaCharizard's design is far superior to normal Charizard's IMO. It's fans are always talking about how badass it looks but all I ever saw was a big, slightly dim-witted, winged lizard. This image wasn't helped by the anime at all where Ash's Charizard could only say hello by burning Ash to a crisp and sleeping when Ash needed him most. Not to mention his anime roar...

But his MegaEvolution is actually elegant and badass :D

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I love Megafied Charizard.. I don't really have an opinion on the original Charizard though, but really the Megafied is cool.

PokettoMonsutaa

I wonder if GF will make any of the other starters event-only...

Does anyone think we'll be getting any new info on the next CoroCoro?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I swear to god if they make Ashs Charizard Mega evolve..
All nostalgia, childhood dreams and respect are gone.

Good thing you're not still a child, then?

Naito

you know not liking a design doesn't make you a genwunner. I think the design is terrible but I ain't a genwunner

Well, we couldn't expect it to look very different, since it is just a form change. Or what do you don't like about it?

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude

Yep. Now that Charizard has drought, it doesn't have to fear stealth rock since it would be most effectively used as a lead.
My only problem with this batch of Mega Evoltuions is Blatoise's special attack animation. Why does it come from it's mouth? I know it needs to be generic enough for all Pokemon to use the moves but the starting point of the move could have been set to the big *** cannon on it's back. I mean, it happened in Pokemon stadium....

Greekboy

I never said that. I'm just saying that all the people who "worship" Charizard and defend it whenever possible only have a new weapon to annoy us with.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Mega Venusaur looks great, IMO; it's easily the best-looking of three. While I would've personally preferred it to have stayed closer to its original color scheme, being an actual green color instead of this blueish tint it's got now, I think it's seen good progression from regular Venusaur.

Mega Charizard is meh. Regular Charizard wasn't really anything to write home about, but Mega Charizard seems a bit... juvenile, in that it looks like a ten year tried to redesign his favorite Pokemon. Those things sticking out of its arms, the thing sticking out of its head, the jagged look combined with that stupid smirk on its face, it's very much a departure from the original design and the line as a whole.

Not sure how I feel about Mega Blastoise; it looks like they're going for so ridiculous, it's awesome with the design, and IMO I think they may have accomplished that.

They're gonna be all over me...

Yep. Now that Charizard has drought, it doesn't have to fear stealth rock since it would be most effectively used as a lead.

Except when they get rid of your sunlight, and you need to bring your Charizard back in to set it up again. Ninetales boasts a bit more SpD than Charizard does as well, and similar HP and Defense stats; I don't think we've seen the last of it at all.

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I never said that. I'm just saying that all the people who "worship" Charizard and defend it whenever possible only have a new weapon to annoy us with.

I"m glad im not like that......

I'm very respectful of everyone's opinion on Mega Charizard. I dont care it didnt get dragon, im glad it still has flying. I like how the design made it look more dragon like without making it dragon type. The part that shocked me was giving it drought. Now i have to plan on a good strategy with it :p

Now my question is this, if all starters get megas, which water type will get Drizzle, so Charizard isn't the only Starter Pokemon with a Weather Ability, So its fair

I"m glad im not like that......

I'm very respectful of everyone's opinion on Mega Charizard. I dont care it didnt get dragon, im glad it still has flying. I like how the design made it look more dragon like without making it dragon type. The part that shocked me was giving it drought. Now i have to plan on a good strategy with it :p

Now my question is this, if all starters get megas, which water type will get Drizzle, so Charizard isn't the only Starter Pokemon with a Weather Ability, So its fair

I don't know why, but I can see Swampert getting drizzle. This is just based on feeling and nothing else.

Linkdarkside

of the 3 new Mega evolutions i like MegaBlastoise the best.

Seriously, this^

MegaCharizard's design is far superior to normal Charizard's IMO. It's fans are always talking about how badass it looks but all I ever saw was a big, slightly dim-witted, winged lizard. This image wasn't helped by the anime at all where Ash's Charizard could only say hello by burning Ash to a crisp and sleeping when Ash needed him most. Not to mention his anime roar...

But his MegaEvolution is actually elegant and badass :D
i don't like his smaller ahands.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
I think Mega Charizard resembles the old Sugimori Red cover art a bit. It's probably the blunt jaw.

006.png

I'd be a fan of the Mega redesign if they didn't have the unnecessary spikes on the tail and lower back; the one on the head is fine because it looks more aerodynamic. Still, all three of the Mega Kanto starters look way better than Mega Blaziken, which just butchered the old design.

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
of the 3 new Mega evolutions i like MegaBlastoise the best.

i don't like his smaller ahands.
Those are cool too imo ^.^ makes him look sleeker, more flight ready

I don't really see why a special attacker would need bigger hands

Status
Not open for further replies.