• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I am still waiting on Mega Sableye, Tropius, and Zangoose... Mega Scizor Looks AMAZING! I like how his claws aren't like Crab Claws now :D

Abizzel1

Well, yes I know, but technically it should be Pinsir and Scyther. I find it off that they aren't. I guess its all because one evolved and one didn't.

Edit: Was there ever anything more on Mega Arcanine. Way back someone said they found a stone for him but no one's said anything more about it. I'm just wondering if it was proven false cause I must have missed it. Would be nice if we had mega Arcanine and Ninetails.

Pinsir and Scyther were first, however, the Pinsir and Heracross represent Japanese Beetle fights which is why they're always against one another.

As far as Garchomp's counterpart it's pretty much proven to be Dragonite. In black and white 2 you fight Benga and he has opposite teams in each game, one sweeper team with Latios, Garchomp, and Volcarona. The other a bulky attacker team with Latias, Dragonite, and Volcarona. Also when you beat him you either get a shiny Gible, or a shiny Dratini, so IMO we should be seeing Mega Dragonite :D

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I took a look at the recently announced and older Megas, and their base stats, and I'm awed. It's beyond RIDICULOUS.

Not to say anything worse. It's the most idiotic thing I could expect from this Gen. Look at the ridiculous stats from Mewtwo X and Y. RIDICULOUS. It's stupid, it doesn't make sense, they just took a potential good idea to balance the game and give Pokémon the upgrade they were waiting for, and turned it into a non-sense fanservice. It lacks sense, it lacks vision, it's just ridiculous.

And it's working good for Game Freak, and they're probably rubbing their hands in excitement for they incoming profit. Give the hungry fans a Fire/Dragon Charizard, and even more powerful Blaziken, 2 godly Mewtwo Megas, the same Scizor with double the stats. It's not even giving the underdog the boost they needed, they grabbed the already powerful Pokémon and made them even more powerful to a an unbelievable extent, and then topped it with Mega Charizards and alikes, like throwing bones to starving dogs.

It's not even funny anymore. I can't even imagine what Smogon will do with this. And why would I be waving around my Mega Mewtwo Y ingame, just to mercilessly OHKO everything, what's the point in that?

kazpoke

For those worried about getting stones from the other game I'm sure plenty of people will be willing to trade them being people with Pokebank can easily start a new game and go get them again.

Very strange. I don't really know the details, so I wonder at what point we'll ever be confident we've found all the Mega Evos...

Did they make a stratagy guide for X & Y? or skip it this time around

Last edited:

abdulmuhsee

I took a look at the recently announced and older Megas, and their base stats, and I'm awed. It's beyond RIDICULOUS.

Not to say anything worse. It's the most idiotic thing I could expect from this Gen. Look at the ridiculous stats from Mewtwo X and Y. RIDICULOUS. It's stupid, it doesn't make sense, they just took a potential good idea to balance the game and give Pokémon the upgrade they were waiting for, and turned it into a non-sense fanservice. It lacks sense, it lacks vision, it's just ridiculous.

And it's working good for Game Freak, and they're probably rubbing their hands in excitement for they incoming profit. Give the hungry fans a Fire/Dragon Charizard, and even more powerful Blaziken, 2 godly Mewtwo Megas, the same Scizor with double the stats. It's not even giving the underdog the boost they needed, they grabbed the already powerful Pokémon and made them even more powerful to a an unbelievable extent, and then topped it with Mega Charizards and alikes, like throwing bones to starving dogs.

It's not even funny anymore. I can't even imagine what Smogon will do with this. And why would I be waving around my Mega Mewtwo Y ingame, just to mercilessly OHKO everything, what's the point in that?

*Sigh*, yeah... I'm envisioning an even more restrictive metagame where you are essentially forced to use one of the mega evolutions to be competitive.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Water/Dark Gyrados looks interesting.
I,d never see it as a Dark type, even with its Mega design.
Water/Steel would look more fitting with the jet packs/missiles.

Arcticwolf10

Mega!Scizor is definitely channeling its inner ninja. I'd call it an improvement over regular Scizor, minus the pincers... they look sort of like car battery clamps. XD

Technician with what appears to be boosted Attack will make competitive players very happy, I can already see.

It still has technician? Seriously GF? You take away Akakazam's magic guard but keep Scizor (who didn't even NEED a mega-evo!) Technicians?

Luthor

Just for confirmation when in battle, can you hold off from activating the mega evolution until you want to use it?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
So apparently, alot of these Pokemon are that popular that they get a mega evo?

No Mega Raichu? I thought the Pikachu line was the most popular.

Abizzel1

It still has technician? Seriously GF? You take away Akakazam's magic guard but keep Scizor (who didn't even NEED a mega-evo!) Technicians?

Taking Magic Guard isn't really that bad, and it actually can work in Alakazam's favor if played well. Alakazam still has Magic Gaurd as long as it doesn't mega evolve, so you can stick with base Ala until you're ready to Mega Evolve. And Trace can be a great way to stop some Pokemon from using STAB to try and kill Alakzam in fear of it copying their Volt Absorb or similar ability that may heal or worse give it a free stat boost (Storm Drain / Motor Drive).

With both abilities it allows Alakazam to play SERIOUS "mind games" (pun intended) with the opponent.

The dual abilities work great with many of the Mega's such as Venusaur (sun sweeper in base, bulk tank in Mega), Gengar (Immunity titan in base, Death trapper in Mega), Pinsir (Moxie boost, then slay with Mega), Gyarados (Intimidate drops opp. ATK, Mega for a bulky powerful Dragon Dancer), Aggron (Rock Head + Head Smash to murder something, the Mega to get rid of 4x weaknesses), Mawil (Intimidate drops opp. ATK, thhen Mega for a beastly Dragon slayer), Garchomp (Fast Attacker, then Mega for likely Pokemon Death Reaper).

Everyone else it's better to just Mega evolve, but these poke's can play some serious mind games.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

That's different.

They didn't really "take away" Alakazam's Magic Guard because it's its Hidden Ability, it's not supposed to be normally obtained; Technician, however, is Scizor's default ability, alongside Swarm.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
And why would I be waving around my Mega Mewtwo Y ingame, just to mercilessly OHKO everything, what's the point in that?

No one's forcing you to, so feel free to not.

chuy409

They are putting megas on pokemon that dont need it. Ill even say my favorite pokemon aggron does NOT need one. Yes, I may get excited that gets one but in reality it doesnt need it. Currently the mgas that are appropiate are mawile, medichan, kangaskan (spelling), pinsir, and banette, and maybe ampharos. We need it on TOTALLY weak pokemon like mightyena, ariados, beedrill, tropius etc etc NOT MEWTWO BLAZIKEN GARCHOMP OR CHARIZARD!!!!!!

greninjamaster

Or a day because the strategy guide i'm sure will showcase every mega stone and where to to find it. Since that's the purpose of a strategy guide.

chuy409

No one's forcing you to, so feel free to not.

I think he is saying more of other people using it on him. He is saying how bad it looks.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

It's not like you can use six Mega Evolutions on your team. A MegaEvolution is still counter-able, you just have to think of a strategy to defeat them.

It's like some of you think they're invincible.

Status
Not open for further replies.