• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW1004

If anything this form is the nail in that coffin.

That baby is and has always been a "Kangaskhan." Aside from its appearence and anime showings having it say Kangaskhan, the fact that "Mega Khangaskahn" is for the baby proves that.
It's just an actual younger, still growing Kangaskhan and not an actual Baby Pokemon like Pichu

yeah you could be easily right about that

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So if the baby Kangaskan is indeed a Kangaskan, then why does a regular Kangaskan come out of my Egg?
I'm actually kinda interested in the "explanation" of mega evolution.

Rhonder

Does anyone think/hope the Gen. 6 will get mega forms? What if Korrina gives you the Mega Stone for the starter you chose?

I would honestly be surprised if there weren't at least a few Gen 6 Megas. Gen 6 is sure to have pokemon that don't have evolutions like Absol/Mawile/Kangaskhan so I think those would be the most likely candidates, but maybe the starters, or some other mystery pokemon too.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
All I know is that Comet Punch hitting a possible 10 times, and at minimum 4, is a step in the right direction for Kangaskhan. Sadly, it looses out on Scrappy with "Parental Bond".

It was only a matter of time before a Pokémon could attack twice in one turn...

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
Could someone add this too the fake thread at the top:
1376153175819.jpg

Someone posted this on /vp/ saying that it is the 'leaked' MegaPikachu. The fact that it is soooo fake too.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Megaskan is so creative, I love it. The idea of the Baby being the one that Mega Evolves is a different twist on the whole thing. Shows that there seems to be no limit on this concept and there is a lot more to see.

I'm sure Parental Bond halves the second move of the child, since it wouldn't put the same amount of strength into an attack.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Woke up this morning. One of my favorite Pokemon gets a Mega Evolution.

Kangashkan is one of many Pokemon I thought would be a lot more useful with a stat boost. Maybe 20 points in each stat to bring it up to 610. Remove 10 from Special Attack (which no one would use) to make it an even 600 BST. 110 Speed and 100 in each defense would make her a pretty bulky sweeper. 20 more points in Attack would put her above normal Lucario.

That's all speculation, but proof of how even a small boost can make a mediocre Pokemon really useful.

Unfortunately, Mega Kangaskhan won't be able to hit Ghost types with double STAB.

Not Sableye/Spiritomb, but she learns Crunch for everything else. Sableye is frail and can be done in with one or two strong enough neutral hits. Spiritomb can't do much to even normal Kangashkan besides burn it.

Of course with losing that niche she gains another really useful one; breaking down subs.

Kanghaskan is now a total b!tch in my opinion. Giga Impact + Mega Abillity = Blissey is dead

Return x2 will do it. Drain Punch x2 would be awesome if that became a TM again.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
This reminded me of this. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110109065714/non-aliencreatures/images/8/84/Megasquid.jpg
Then again, this is a squid, so....MegaMalamar?

MegaMalamar...wow.
I mean, that guy looks amazing as is; though Contrary may either make it useless or as powerful as DW Blaziken itself. Only time will tell on that, but my personal reasoning against Gen 6 MegaEvos are explained below.

I would honestly be surprised if there weren't at least a few Gen 6 Megas. Gen 6 is sure to have pokemon that don't have evolutions like Absol/Mawile/Kangaskhan so I think those would be the most likely candidates, but maybe the starters, or some other mystery pokemon too.

...Actually, I doubt there will even be a single Gen 6 Mega Evolution until the next game in line arrives (XY2, Z version, etc.)
So far, Game Freak is advertising MegaEvos as if its The Renaissance of Pokemon from gens long past (I assume there will be some Unova Megas, though--COME ON MEGA-RESHIRAM), and so far it's doing a fantastic job of doing just that.

To me, It'd just lose its innovative spark if we see Kalos Megas so early in the Gen's inception. Part of the thrill of Megas is that it attempts to revolutionize, or at least break, the evolution limit of old favorites--even if the way Megas work only proves that halfway. The prospect of Mega-Talonflame or Mega-Orotto wouldn't give as much of a "WOW Factor" as Mega-Blissey, Mega-Scizor or Mega-Regigigas would (Arceus knows the latter pokemon needs one badly--even if it only changes its Ability); and GF seems to be taking advantage of that.

...Still, Mega-Noivern sounds pretty nice right now.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master

I don't know, the Pokémon are completely new, giving them Mega formes already seems kind of pointless, and also would make people underappreciate the actual final forms of the starters and others. I'd rather they leave Megalutions for the previous 5 gens at first then maybe Mega's for some of the Gen 6 lot in future games like sequels, third version etc.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Woke up this morning. One of my favorite Pokemon gets a Mega Evolution.

Kangashkan is one of many Pokemon I thought would be a lot more useful with a stat boost. Maybe 20 points in each stat to bring it up to 610. Remove 10 from Special Attack (which no one would use) to make it an even 600 BST. 110 Speed and 100 in each defense would make her a pretty bulky sweeper. 20 more points in Attack would put her above normal Lucario.

That's all speculation, but proof of how even a small boost can make a mediocre Pokemon really useful.

Not Sableye/Spiritomb, but she learns Crunch for everything else. Sableye is frail and can be done in with one or two strong enough neutral hits. Spiritomb can't do much to even normal Kangashkan besides burn it.

Of course with losing that niche she gains another really useful one; breaking down subs.

Return x2 will do it. Drain Punch x2 would be awesome if that became a TM again.

If kangaskahn learns glow punch and it's fairy type... haha jk but any physical fairy-type move should be SE against spiritomb and sableye. (should the rumors prove true of course)

Rhonder

MegaMalamar...wow.
I mean, that guy looks amazing as is; though Contrary may either make it useless or as powerful as DW Blaziken itself. Only time will tell on that, but my personal reasoning against Gen 6 MegaEvos are explained below.

...Actually, I doubt there will even be a single Gen 6 Mega Evolution until the next game in line arrives (XY2, Z version, etc.)
So far, Game Freak is advertising MegaEvos as if its The Renaissance of Pokemon from gens long past (I assume there will be some Unova Megas, though--COME ON MEGA-RESHIRAM), and so far it's doing a fantastic job of doing just that.

To me, It'd just lose its innovative spark if we see Kalos Megas so early in the Gen's inception. Part of the thrill of Megas is that it attempts to revolutionize, or at least break, the evolution limit of old favorites--even if the way Megas work only proves that halfway. The prospect of Mega-Talonflame or Mega-Orotto wouldn't give as much of a "WOW Factor" as Mega-Blissey, Mega-Scizor or Mega-Regigigas would (Arceus knows the latter pokemon needs one badly--even if it only changes its Ability); and GF seems to be taking advantage of that.

I don't know, the Pokémon are completely new, giving them Mega formes already seems kind of pointless, and also would make people underappreciate the actual final forms of the starters and others. I'd rather they leave Megalutions for the previous 5 gens at first then maybe Mega's for some of the Gen 6 lot in future games like sequels, third version etc.

Both very fair points. The main thing I'm thinking with there being no Gen 6 Megas though is that it seems more than likely that all of the pokemon that get Megas will be findable in the wild in Kalos (aside from event ones like Blaziken) and unless the Gen 6 pokemon are like super strong after the power creep, having exclusively previous gen Megas could take away some of the appeal of the new region's pokemon. That being said, if there were Gen 6 Megas, I'd expect them to be very few, and also as some people have speculated possibly tied into the plot somehow. I definitely hope that most of the Megas are old favorites as they seem to be so far xD I have quite a few I'd like to see... MegaCrobat is pretty high up there, and also some sort of Mega-Ice type >: D Preferably Froslass >w>

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I doubt there will even be a single Gen 6 Mega Evolution until the next game in line arrives (XY2, Z version, etc.)

I agree. I just wanted to throw that image out there for the "Future" :p.
But anyways, focusing on past evos is a better idea. If they wanted to make a MegaEvolution of a gen VI pokemon, they could just make the design its normal evolution.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller

...That's my reasoning against gen Six Megas, too. At least for now.

Though at THIS POINT, not even the sky's the limit at Game Freak. Two of the most unlikely changes in this franchise happened in just a single Generation this time around (A New Type, and a mechanic that grants certain pokemon "new evolutions" regardless of Legendary or max-evolution status); so trying to assume even this is a huge risk! XD

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
...That's my reasoning against gen Six Megas, too. At least for now.

Though at THIS POINT, not even the sky's the limit at Game Freak. Two of the most unlikely changes in this franchise happened in just a single Generation this time around (A New Type, and a mechanic that grants certain pokemon "new evolutions" regardless of Legendary or max-evolution status); so trying to assume even this is a huge risk! XD

I agree here. There has been a lot going on this gen in relation to new concepts. Perhaps it would be best to hold off on gen VI MegaEvolutions.
On the note of that picture, the series that is from also includes interesting ideas for MegaTentecruel and MegaEelektross, among others.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why can't they just add the prevolution of kanghaskhan if they can give it a mega form?

Because the baby inside the pouch is a baby Kangaskan, so making a pre evolution would be really difficult.

EonDragonFTW

What if they made a mega Kyurem that's the Original Dragon?
Come on, I wanna see the Original Dragon in some way, shape or form!

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
I kind of wish they would've made some sort of change to Mega!Kangaskhan rather than just changing how the baby looks a little, but hey. Maybe its type will change? Parental Bond sounds like a pretty interesting ability, and we are about due for a way to attack twice in one turn (outside of multi-hit moves, I mean). If they've balanced it out by making the attack a little weaker (which is what I'm hearing, and it makes sense if it's the baby attacking for the second one) then it shouldn't end up too broken.

And I'm not sure why they've never established baby Kangaskhan as a different Pokemon... it's not a necessity, but it does make things kind of awkward. Not that Pokemon is one for a significant amount of realism anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.