• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Sire

Hoping the Kanto starters get a Mega form aswell (which i find likely).

Also hoping for a MegaCharizard Fire/Dragon and MegaBlastoise Water/Steel retyping aswell while MegaVenusaur would probably be fine staying Grass/Poison.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Why can't they just add the prevolution of kanghaskhan if they can give it a mega form?

Read back a page or two, then come back. That question's been answered already by a moderator.
Besides, it'd be a bit defeating for ol' Khan to get a prevo, as unbelievable as it sounds on paper. Baby pokemon are generally useless and Pokemon that did get them were never even hinted at having baby forms between generations; but in Kangaskhan's case its prevo's been around literally since RBY.

In short, that means this. For Game Freak to suddenly wake up one day and brand Kangaskhan's grey counterpart as "a brand-spanking new!" pokemon would come off as lazy to some players. Mega-evolution killed two birds with one stone by serving MegaEvolution up as both Kangaskhan's ultimate form and its prevo at the same time, making it arguably the most brilliant spin on the concept to date.

I agree here. There has been a lot going on this gen in relation to new concepts. Perhaps it would be best to hold off on gen VI MegaEvolutions.
On the note of that picture, the series that is from also includes interesting ideas for MegaTentecruel and MegaEelektross, among others.

Agreed on Mega-Eelektross. It's pretty lackluster, even for a pokemon with no immediate weaknesses--I was disappointed when I finally got my hands on one. Besides, that, it's pretty mediocre. Sawsbuck, Furret and virtually EVERY Regional Bug in existence could use one too, now that I think of it.

...Part of me is wondering how big Kalos Region is going to be, as well. The game has the equivalent of three separate Pokedexes, promises a "sizable" Easter-Egg hunt for your favorite Megas, and according to Kangaskhan's promo it will have bloody 200-single soundtrack! This is going to be an interesting Gen for sure.

EonDragonFTW

Hoping the Kanto starters get a Mega form aswell (which i find likely).

Also hoping for a MegaCharizard Fire/Dragon and MegaBlastoise Water/Steel retyping aswell while MegaVenusaur would probably be fine staying Grass/Poison.

Yes! In fact, let's give all the starters Mega evos!!!
And give Swampert Sap Sipper

ZeoViolet

Does that baby Kangaskhan have a mini-pouch?!! *squeals about cute* That is one of the rare times we've ever seen baby outside mama's pouch for any reason....

Um, anyways, I've never raised a Kangaskhan but I've always admired her for her Mommy Grit, and that screenshot made me 'daww.

AceTrainer8

Whoever said we were going to get a M-evo for every pokemon in existence obviously didn't check the site. All we really know is some previous gen. pokes will be gaining this MegaEvolution.

I think we may get at least 5 or so pokemon from each generation to have these MegaEvolutions. Would be cool if we get a MegaMarowak IMO.

M Marowak could be Ground/Ghost, with a Marowak skull floating with purple ghost eyes. (Because Cubone's supposedly wear their parent's skull.) It could have a sick animation where the dead Marowak reapeears in a ghostly blue aura around the skull. The only issue is that it would be weird for it to die in battle then come back to life.

Regality

Digital King
Mega Kangaskhan - Exactly the same as a regular one but this one forces its young baby to fight.

Rhonder

Mega Kangaskhan - Exactly the same as a regular one but this one forces its young baby to fight.

This is quite possibly the best analysis of anything I've ever read x'DDDD

dman_dustin

MegaMalamar...wow.
I mean, that guy looks amazing as is; though Contrary may either make it useless or as powerful as DW Blaziken itself. Only time will tell on that, but my personal reasoning against Gen 6 MegaEvos are explained below.

...Actually, I doubt there will even be a single Gen 6 Mega Evolution until the next game in line arrives (XY2, Z version, etc.)
So far, Game Freak is advertising MegaEvos as if its The Renaissance of Pokemon from gens long past (I assume there will be some Unova Megas, though--COME ON MEGA-RESHIRAM), and so far it's doing a fantastic job of doing just that.

To me, It'd just lose its innovative spark if we see Kalos Megas so early in the Gen's inception. Part of the thrill of Megas is that it attempts to revolutionize, or at least break, the evolution limit of old favorites--even if the way Megas work only proves that halfway. The prospect of Mega-Talonflame or Mega-Orotto wouldn't give as much of a "WOW Factor" as Mega-Blissey, Mega-Scizor or Mega-Regigigas would (Arceus knows the latter pokemon needs one badly--even if it only changes its Ability); and GF seems to be taking advantage of that.

...Still, Mega-Noivern sounds pretty nice right now.

As I told Lollipiece, there is NO reason for why they would reveal a Mega Pokemon for 6th generation at this moment.

We technically don't even know if any of the revealed Pokemon we have are fully evolved.

Sure we can guess on Gogoat, Noivern, Talonflame, But there is still no guarantee.

So even then unless one of the current Pokemon did have a Mega evolution, they are still aren't going to reveal it.

Past generation Pokemon make sense, because they were revealed a long time ago.

They aren't going to reveal a Mega Fully Evolved Froakie, when Fully Evolved Froakie hasn't been revealed yet.

Sound

You've never used a baby pokemon in battle? At least Kangaskhan is fighting alongside it.

It's less "forces its young baby to fight" and more "has its ample child back it up". I estimated the baby's height, based on the khan's height, to be about 3 and half feet. This is taller than a lot of pokemon. If I estimated right (or even close), it is three times the cannon height of Pikachu.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
What if they made a mega Kyurem that's the Original Dragon?
Come on, I wanna see the Original Dragon in some way, shape or form!

I'd believe they'd make it EXTREMELY situational if Kyurem gets its Original State as a MegaEvolution.

Possibly, it'd require the whole Tao Trio in the party; all three of them have to hold their Mega Stones and the fusion process can only happen during Triple & Rotational Battles, when half a player's team is out on the field already. The payoff? However the heck the Original Dragon would look like; since I envision it would be badass. XD

It'd drop its Ice typing and gain an ability that gives it STAB on Ice, Fire and Electric attacks as well. Overkill?

mega kangaskhan + hyper beam = ???
i'd like to see what happen if this to be used

That sounds like an excellent way to lose a battle. XD
Two turns of rest can make a world of difference in competitive play.

FlySolo

I see it like this, typically the starters always (in my opinion) are the "stars" of the generation. They seem to have more thought put into to them, not to mention they are always characters in the the anime. With that being said, how can you introduce such a great new type of evolution, and not let the starters in on the fun.

XXD17

Draco rex
Having it be the baby that goes Mega is brilliant.

Well done, game freak

This statement made me think of something...doesn't a substitute doll look vaguely like a baby kangaskhan? What if the baby kangaskhan is the actual pokemon while the mother is just a giant substitute created by it to defend its weak self? I mean it will explain why only the baby changes when it mega evolves...

dman_dustin

I don't know, the Pokémon are completely new, giving them Mega formes already seems kind of pointless, and also would make people underappreciate the actual final forms of the starters and others. I'd rather they leave Megalutions for the previous 5 gens at first then maybe Mega's for some of the Gen 6 lot in future games like sequels, third version etc.

Except that argument isn't valid.

These Pokemon didn't just show up magically in the Pokemon world, they've always existed in the Kalos region just as long as Pikachu has in Kanto. They may be new from the perspective of player and designers, but not from the perspective of the Pokemon world.

It makes no sense, that a scientist would uncover a mega evolution to a Pokemon that's not even native to the region, and yet not find a single Kalos 6th gen Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution.

This method isn't designed to give older Pokemon some extra attention, perhaps slightly, but it was created because scientists found a way how some Pokemon can change their form and get a boost in strength, as a result of a mega stone. It doesn't make any sense that not a single 6th generation would be applicable in that instance. Just because it is new for me or you.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
That sounds like an excellent way to lose a battle. XD
Two turns of rest can make a world of difference in competitive play.

it'll still rest for only 1 turn, why would you think otherwise?
unless the ability doubles the negative effects then i dont see it resting for 2 turns

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
How do you sleep at night?!

Ehmm... En realidad mi idioma natal es el español... But yeah, I noted it in my mind after I went offline.. "I post it wrong..."
I know its 12th I just messed a bit... Sooo... I bet you understood what I was trying to say... Remember that this forum its international, and mistakes like mine's are common... But sorry, I love english as much as my spanish root; Next time just correct me if i'm wrong. I'll apreciate that.

Last edited:

thetamale

I can see mega forms being more the addition to previous Pokemon thing this gen, I want to be wrong and there be some actual evos in there somewhere. It seems more likely to me they'd want us to get to know all the brand new Pokemon as they are first, then maybe give them mega forms as DLC or if they do a third game.

Status
Not open for further replies.