• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Mega Alakazam is hilariously endearing. Just like Ampharos. Definitely one I would use sometime.

Wondering if it'll just get a speed and offenses boost, or if its defenses might get patched up...?

Yahazugiri7

Alakazam i my favourite pokemon and this is a long anticipated mega evolution for me but i dont seem to like that face

Persian22

What is wrong with Dugtrio? I actually like the creature, one of the stronger ground-types.

ebevan91

No sign of a Mega Salamence yet?

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Haha I love Mega Alakazam but I am not one to use Alakazam so it most likely wont find a spot on my team, but if I ever use one I'm naming him Dumbledore for sure. Bad*$$

What is wrong with Dugtrio? I actually like the creature, one of the stronger ground-types.

Stronger?
I think you mean more viable.

His attack isn't that great.

Hasty

Moonside
:p Next time, look at the images properly. xD

Oh man oh man... Mega Alakazam is too humanoid, it is a 99% potrayal of a meditating Hindu.. It has a beard... I don't know why they do this?
Nobody likes female Machoke/Machamp, no? Who would want a male Jynx? They are too humanoid and they should stay in humanoid standards....

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Wow, that is one heck of a Mega for Alakazam, design wise. It's perfect--can't say I feel the same for MegaCross, though. Now that we have a Mega in Alakazam, MegaVoir seems to be all but overshadowed now...I weep for her competitive return. XD

I wonder how many Mega Stones there are now. Aren't we up to 25 or so now? I'll be truly surprised if we get more than 30. Despite that, in a fool's world I'd be ecstatic if we had an equal number of Megas to new pokemon this gen.

Gabry00023

I don't know if anyone knows this but we already have a MegaEvolution of Dragonite that looks like Dragonair. It's MegaGyarados. Probably many of you don't know, but actually Gyarados was supposed to be Dragonair's evo back to 1996 and Dragonite Magikarp's but they were swapped.

It's like Psyduck's and Golduck's names swapped. Butterfree being the actual evo of Venonat and Venomoth being Metapod's evo. Arcanine being a legendary but being replaced by Moltres. Many things could be different in these days. GenI is full of mysteries, accidental errors and last hour changes.

Mew The Gato

Bad luck... because...

Fun Fact: That Alakazam actually is female. Look at the picture again if you do not believe me out of sheer sadness.

Yahazugiri7

I don't know if anyone knows this but we already have a MegaEvolution of Dragonite that looks like Dragonair. It's MegaGyarados. Probably many of you don't know, but actually Gyarados was supposed to be Dragonair's evo back to 1996 and Dragonite Magikarp's but they were swapped.

It's like Psyduck's and Golduck's names swapped. Butterfree being the actual evo of Venonat and Venomoth being Metapod's evo. Arcanine being a legendary but being replaced by Moltres. Many things could be different in these days. GenI is full of mysteries, accidental errors and last hour changes.
If yoy take a look at the japanese names of psyduck and golduck you will see that they are correct

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Mega Alakazam's design is disappointing, in my opinion.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Wow, that is one heck of a Mega for Alakazam, design wise. It's perfect--can't say I feel the same for MegaCross, though. Now that we have a Mega in Alakazam, MegaVoir seems to be all but overshadowed now...I weep for her competitive return. XD

I wonder how many Mega Stones there are now. Aren't we up to 25 or so now? I'll be truly surprised if we get more than 30. Despite that, in a fool's world I'd be ecstatic if we had an equal number of Megas to new pokemon this gen.

I have never seen what the fuss is over Alakazam. Think I'd rather be running Voir as its immune to Dragon moves and is not extremely super effectively weak to Sucker Punch like Zam will be without a Sash. However I am currently training a Meditite on White to transfer over as one of my Mega's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.