• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
*Looks at list, sees Cacophony Exploud*

... Seriously?

That must be the most useless Ability Change ever, considering that it has the exist same effect, but with a different name, and has been defunct since Beta RSFRLGE.

Some other things like Mega Drapion with Prankster or Volt Absorb Mantine makes 0 sense, too.

This definitely is somebody's wishlist, since no other Mega slots even exist, IIRC.

Silversea

Anyone notice how the mega symbol disappears when a mega evolution hits 0 HP? This disappears before it even faints. I think its fair to assume that forcing a wild mega evolution would not trigger the symbol, since the symbol has a specific script for it appear on a pokemon. The mega stone evolution has to be triggered for the symbol to appear, so if you just switch the model directly to mega (if that is what he did) then it won't show it.

EonDragonFTW

*Looks at list, sees Cacophony Exploud*

... Seriously?

That must be the most useless Ability Change ever, considering that it has the exist same effect, but with a different name, and has been defunct since Beta RSFRLGE.

Some other things like Mega Drapion with Prankster or Volt Absorb Mantine makes 0 sense, too.

This definitely is somebody's wishlist, since no other Mega slots even exist, IIRC.

well, somebody found a mega Lati@s in the coding, so who knows, maybe there are even more mega-evos hidden! But yea this list is definitely a wishlist, and I won't discuss that ti=opic further

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
well, somebody found a mega Lati@s in the coding, so who knows, maybe there are even more mega-evos hidden! But yea this list is definitely a wishlist, and I won't discuss that ti=opic further

Yes, I know, but Mega Ltios and Mega Latias filled up the last two slots, meaning that there won't be any more, unless Jynx makes a surprise appearance.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Yes and that guy confirmed that the only other Mega Stones he could find were the ones for the Eon duo.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
Some maga Pokemons are not really make sense.
They must have got new evo instead of mega evolution.

e.g. Pinsir, Heracross, Aerodatyl, Scizor,Houndoom, Mawile, Medicharm, Macnetric, Benete, absol, Abomasnow.

Apparently, I can't see the different between mega evo and actual evo in term of design at all.

BTW, Electivire and Magmortar look like mega evo to me.

GDK

Some maga Pokemons are not really make sense.
They must have got new evo instead of mega evolution.

e.g. Pinsir, Heracross, Aerodatyl, Scizor,Houndoom, Mawile, Medicharm, Macnetric, Benete, absol, Abomasnow.

Apparently, I can't see the different between mega evo and actual evo in term of design at all.

BTW, Electivire and Magmortar look like mega evo to me.

The point is eviolite.

Mays

As much as I'm not complaining as Charizard got two mega evolutions: does it seem GameFreak just went for popularity and completely ignored common sense/the minority? Why don't Blastoise/Venusaur have a second mega evolution like Charizard? Why don't Swampert and Sceptile have mega evolutions? (Not so much with this, considering a Hoenn remake or more events are very likely)

Mewtwo got two mega evolutions, which is understandable, but why Charizard?

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
As much as I'm not complaining as Charizard got two mega evolutions: does it seem GameFreak just went for popularity and completely ignored common sense/the minority? Why don't Blastoise/Venusaur have a second mega evolution like Charizard? Why don't Swampert and Sceptile have mega evolutions? (Not so much with this, considering a Hoenn remake or more events are very likely)

Yeah I entirely agree. I see Mega Charizard Y as kind of pointless, I would have been happy with a physical, dragon type mega evolution only. The question you bring up is the exact question I asked. It certainly does seem that Game Freak mainly went for popularity. Whilst some Pokemon (e.g. Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Mawile) got the buff they really needed, ones such as Lucario and Garchomp frustrate me to no end. Why did they get a mega evolution? What about Pokemon that really need them to be good? It's understandable why Mewtwo got 2 mega evolutions, but did it even need one in the first place?

Mays

Yeah I entirely agree. I see Mega Charizard Y as kind of pointless, I would have been happy with a physical, dragon type mega evolution only. The question you bring up is the exact question I asked. It certainly does seem that Game Freak mainly went for popularity. Whilst some Pokemon (e.g. Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Mawile) got the buff they really needed, ones such as Lucario and Garchomp frustrate me to no end. Why did they get a mega evolution? What about Pokemon that really need them to be good? It's understandable why Mewtwo got 2 mega evolutions, but did it even need one in the first place?

Blaziken didn't need one either. Why not Swampert or Sceptile only? I'm happy with Mewtwo as with that mega he's now the strongest Pokemon again I believe, but it's odd.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Starters have never been equal ever.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Why is Jynx the supposed Mega Evolver? I'm really curious why many think this...

Many think this because its the only Pokémon left on the Trademark list we received a few months back that has yet to have a Mega Evolution revealed. Although there could be many reasons for its exclusion (as it appears) such as possibly a redesign or maybe it didn't make the deadline for the games production.

I don't understand why everyone almost EXPECTS us to get a R/S/E remake.
There's no reason for it at all, other than to make money. We needed the R/B/Y and G/S/C remakes because those Pokemon were impossible to obtain otherwise.

Meh, I suppose this is neither here nor there, but I can see everyone complaining already about if we don''t get it, if there's anything I learned with GF, it's don't expect anything. Sugimori is already speaking of a 7th Gen and 6th Gen just came out. . .
That should tell you something.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
There's no reason for it at all, other than to make money. We needed the R/B/Y and G/S/C remakes because those Pokemon were impossible to obtain otherwise.

Meh, I suppose this is neither here nor there, but I can see everyone complaining already about if we don''t get it, if there's anything I learned with GF, it's don't expect anything. Sugimori is already speaking of a 7th Gen and 6th Gen just came out. . .

While I fully agree that we shouldn't expect any remake (I'd love one though), I just want to point out that we didn't actually need G/S/C remakes either. National Dex completion was fully attainable in D/P/Pt without them. It was definitely a convenience for Dex completion, but not at all needed.

Either way, it does seem like a logical way to promote a remake to give Sceptile and Swampert Megas, but again, that's expecting something we don't know anything about. But I'd say we're done with Megas for now unless they go the event route, as a form of free DLC.

RoySceptile

Bakaner

Eh, isn't that the point?
And they could have just made every Poke available in the games instead of remakes. But we got remakes.

Gipauchii

Elite Trainer
My god. Mega Mawile is a serious force to be reckoned with. Mine is constantly OHKO'ing Mega Mewtwo Y with priority Sucker Punch in online matches. It's Huge Power ability pretty much helps it to OHKO a ton of different Pokemon. Also, Mawile seems to work very well with Greninja in double battles. Greninja covers the fire and ground weaknesses of Mawile, and Mawile counters the fighting and fairy weaknesses that Greninja has. Also, Greninja's excellent speed helps the take out the threats to M-Mawile before they even get a chance to attack.

Silversea

My god. Mega Mawile is a serious force to be reckoned with. Mine is constantly OHKO'ing Mega Mewtwo Y with priority Sucker Punch in online matches. It's Huge Power ability pretty much helps it to OHKO a ton of different Pokemon. Also, Mawile seems to work very well with Greninja in double battles. Greninja covers the fire and ground weaknesses of Mawile, and Mawile counters the fighting and fairy weaknesses that Greninja has. Also, Greninja's excellent speed helps the take out the threats to M-Mawile before they even get a chance to attack.
Agreed, both of them are forces to be reckoned with but counters for them will become more common. Its hard not to find a person without mawile, greninja, mewtwo, blastoise or charizard.

Similarly, does anyone not use megas?

Status
Not open for further replies.