• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks. Yea, kinda surprised no one seems to use it from the fact that no ones really talking about it. Lol.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I am trying to get all the musical props (save the Toy Cake), so I can transfer them to Pokemon Black 2. It at least seems that you get props based on what look you were going for, but I'm not getting any more elegant props even though I'm missing the lonely Flower. I'm sure there isn't a particular way to get it, but is there a way I can make sure to get it? Do I just have to do the musical again with the elegant look until I get that particular prop?

Edit: It does seem that I got a Whisk even though I didn't do a quirky performance that I remember,so maybe I should try other types of looks.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
I am trying to get all the musical props (save the Toy Cake), so I can transfer them to Pokemon Black 2. It at least seems that you get props based on what look you were going for, but I'm not getting any more elegant props even though I'm missing the lonely Flower. I'm sure there isn't a particular way to get it, but is there a way I can make sure to get it? Do I just have to do the musical again with the elegant look until I get that particular prop?

Edit: It does seem that I got a Whisk even though I didn't do a quirky performance that I remember,so maybe I should try other types of looks.

Each Musical show has it's own category. Sweet Soirée is the elegant one. I've found that the props you get are likely to correspond to the type of show you did, so just keep doing Sweet Soirée and try and get as high a score as possible, it'll improve your odds. If you get bored of that just do a Musical Show category, you might end up getting the lonely flower through that. I have all the props apart from the Tiara, which will be gotten whenever I get to Nimbasa in White 2.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
1. Will the ability Unaware also ignore Stat drops on the opponent? (For example, if my opponent uses Close Combat what will exacktly happen aside from the damage then.)
2. Once you switch-in on an 2 boosted Dragon dance Haxorus, will it actually lose the Boosts when the Unaware pok wil be replaced/killed in the 2nd turn?

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
1. Will the ability Unaware also ignore Stat drops on the opponent? (For example, if my opponent uses Close Combat what will exacktly happen aside from the damage then.)

If your Bibarel with Unaware is hit with Close Combat, the foe will still get a Defense and Sp. Def drop. If that Pokémon uses Close Combat again, though, the damage will be calculated as if the Defense and Sp. Def weren't affected.

2. Once you switch-in on an 2 boosted Dragon dance Haxorus, will it actually lose the Boosts when the Unaware pok wil be replaced/killed in the 2nd turn?

A Pokémon with Unaware doesn't drop or raise the stats of all Pokémon that attack it. The boosts and drops are still there, but damage is calculated as though those stats weren't affected.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
If your Bibarel with Unaware is hit with Close Combat, the foe will still get a Defense and Sp. Def drop. If that Pokémon uses Close Combat again, though, the damage will be calculated as if the Defense and Sp. Def weren't affected.

A Pokémon with Unaware doesn't drop or raise the stats of all Pokémon that attack it. The boosts and drops are still there, but damage is calculated as though those stats weren't affected.

Appreciate the answer, but just to be 100% sure..
I was planning an Quasire with Unaware and Acid Spray + Scald but according to your answer
I think the combo wont work, since Acid spray will make the opponent have an -2 sp.def drop.. But damage will be calculated normal, which will make scald do just the normal damage (ignoring the -2 statdef) This is correct?

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Acid Spray will still cause the Pokemon to lose special defence, but it won't affect damage until the Pokemon with Unaware switches out.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Acid Spray will still cause the Pokemon to lose special defence, but it won't affect damage until the Pokemon with Unaware switches out.

This is correct. But Unaware's effect of ignoring stat modifications only applies when either the Pokémon with Unaware is either the user or the target of a move.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Hey guys.

I got the Keldeo event today with a friend, and we plan on using them to beat the game. However, we currently have no badges. Will the Keldeo obey at any level as one of your own Pokemon would, or does it act as a traded Pokemon?

Also, if it does act as a traded Pokemon, does it get bonus exp in battle, as a traded Pokemon would?

Dangertrout

Hey guys.

I got the Keldeo event today with a friend, and we plan on using them to beat the game. However, we currently have no badges. Will the Keldeo obey at any level as one of your own Pokemon would, or does it act as a traded Pokemon?

Also, if it does act as a traded Pokemon, does it get bonus exp in battle, as a traded Pokemon would?

If the OT/ID are different from your own then it's a traded pokemon that gets bonus exp

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
How do you share wonder cards with another game?

Today my friend got a movie meloetta wonder card from wireless mystery gift at Nintendo World, which she made sure to check that it wasn't fake and it passed, but how can she share the wonder card like whoever had it first did?

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
How do you share wonder cards with another game?

Today my friend got a movie meloetta wonder card from wireless mystery gift at Nintendo World, which she made sure to check that it wasn't fake and it passed, but how can she share the wonder card like whoever had it first did?

Only certain Wonder Cards are shareable, I don't believe Meloetta is. The only shareable wonder card I can think of is the Secret Key in Japanese Platinum. I think when the Wonder Card is shareable it can only be shared from the original game it was received on.

Meloetta has only been available in Japan so far, and that event ended about a week ago.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Only certain Wonder Cards are shareable, I don't believe Meloetta is. The only shareable wonder card I can think of is the Secret Key in Japanese Platinum. I think when the Wonder Card is shareable it can only be shared from the original game it was received on.

Meloetta has only been available in Japan so far, and that event ended about a week ago.
Thanks, that makes sense. Dang, was worried when she found it that it was a fake, but turned out to be real and missed out on getting a rare meloetta. T-T

flashtone

Does anybody know if a focus band can stop a pokemon fainting from recoil damage?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Liechi berries...where can I find them?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Ok, thank you. ^^

Xirix

Are the event pokemon like Keldeo and Genesect actually 'in' Black and White, ie, in an area of their own and fightable? Like all the event pokemon in 4th Gen were, just locked with event items.

Status
Not open for further replies.